Review: could Celebrex cause Dry mouth?
Summary: Dry mouth is found among people who take Celebrex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 72,916 people who have side effects while taking Celebrex from FDA and social media. Among them, 557 have Dry mouth. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry mouth and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Celebrex and have Dry mouth >>>
Celebrex has active ingredients of celecoxib. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from 74,558 Celebrex users)
Dry mouth has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 30,860 Dry mouth patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 72,911 people reported to have side effects when taking Celebrex. Among them, 557 people (0.76%) have Dry Mouth.
Time on Celebrex when people have Dry mouth * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dry mouth||48.57%||0.00%||17.14%||11.43%||5.71%||8.57%||8.57% |
Gender of people who have Dry mouth when taking Celebrex * :
|Dry mouth||71.03%||28.97% |
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Celebrex * :
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.21%||5.97%||16.42%||18.76%||58.64% |
Severity of Dry mouth when taking Celebrex ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Dry mouth ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (65 people, 11.67%)
- Arthritis (61 people, 10.95%)
- Osteoporosis (44 people, 7.90%)
- Depression (44 people, 7.90%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (34 people, 6.10%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (79 people, 14.18%)
- Nexium (73 people, 13.11%)
- Ambien (71 people, 12.75%)
- Lipitor (69 people, 12.39%)
- Neurontin (68 people, 12.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of celebrex and dry mouth on
Do you have Dry Mouth while taking Celebrex?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Celebrex and have Dry Mouth
- support group for people who take Celebrex
- support group for people who have Dry Mouth
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Celebrex for a 55-year old woman with Inflammation. The patient has Hoarseness Or Changing Voice
- A study of side effects of Celecoxib for a 57-year old woman with Pain - Back. The patient has Mouth Sores
- A study of side effects of Celebrex for a 64-year old man with Arthritis - Osteoarthritis. The patient has Stroke
- A study of side effects of Azathioprine for a 23-year old woman with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Dermatitis Atopic, Nausea, Dry Mouth
- A study of drug interactions between Atelvia, Remicade, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Cyanocobalamin, Synthroid, Escitalopram, Meclizine, Potassium Chloride, Sulfadiazine, Folic Acid, Omeprazole, Plaquenil, Prednisone, Methotrexate for a 71-year old woman with Osteonecrosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hot Flashes, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Low Thyroid, Anxiety, Vertigo. The patient has Hair Loss, Tmj Disorders, Dry Mouth
Recent Celebrex related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.