Celebrex and Dry mouth - from FDA reports
Dry mouth is found among people who take Celebrex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lipitor, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Dry mouth with Celebrex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 98,692 people who have side effects when taking Celebrex from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
98,692 people reported to have side effects when taking Celebrex.
Among them, 732 people (0.74%) have Dry mouth
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Celebrex when people have Dry mouth *:
- < 1 month: 61.29 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 19.35 %
- 1 - 2 years: 12.9 %
- 2 - 5 years: 3.23 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 3.23 %
Gender of people who have Dry mouth when taking Celebrex *:
- female: 70.75 %
- male: 29.25 %
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Celebrex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.17 %
- 30-39: 5.56 %
- 40-49: 14.24 %
- 50-59: 21.88 %
- 60+: 58.16 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (52 people, 7.10%)
- Osteoporosis (50 people, 6.83%)
- High Blood Pressure (48 people, 6.56%)
- Depression (42 people, 5.74%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (37 people, 5.05%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prednisone (81 people, 11.07%)
- Lipitor (81 people, 11.07%)
- Neurontin (79 people, 10.79%)
- Ambien (77 people, 10.52%)
- Prilosec (76 people, 10.38%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (143 people, 19.54%)
- Fatigue (143 people, 19.54%)
- Joint Pain (134 people, 18.31%)
- Headache (132 people, 18.03%)
- Weakness (121 people, 16.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Dry mouth when taking Celebrex?
- Check symptoms - is dry mouth caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDry mouth and drugs with ingredients of celecoxib.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDry mouth and Celebrex from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Celebrex has active ingredients of celecoxib. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from Celebrex 101,631 users)
Dry mouth has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 52,194 Dry mouth patients).
Browse all side effects of Celebrexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Dry mouthDry mouth
Could your condition cause Dry mouthDry mouth
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been taking 10 mg of prednisone and 200 mg of celebrex, and 50 mg of metoprolol daily for seventeen years. I also take 80 mg of atorvastatin and 200 mg of lamotrigine, 40 mg of pantoprazole and a 81 mg aspirin daily. A year ago I suffered eight seizures. I have strong mood swings, ...
1 month after starting Celebrex after 4 years of taking 900 lithium I began to have short episodes of derealization. Driving began to make me anxious believing I might have an episode and consequently get in an accident. I would have episodes when talking to friends which would lead to a small ...
User reviews to the study
I am new to the group. My last blood work showed my electrolytes were 180 and should have been 220. ( I am 71 and have been on Celebrex for 4 years ) What specific foods should I eat more off to bring them up to a higher level ? Thanks, Anna