Home > Celebrex > Hiatus hernia > Celebrex and Hiatus hernia
Review: could Celebrex cause Hiatus hernia (Hiatal hernia)?
We study 72,865 people who have side effects while taking Celebrex from FDA and social media. Among them, 569 have Hiatus hernia. Find out below who they are, when they have Hiatus hernia and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Celebrex and have Hiatus hernia >>>
Celebrex (latest outcomes from 74,494 users) has active ingredients of celecoxib. It is often used in arthritis.
Hiatus hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm) (latest reports from 101,892 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, osteopenia, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Sep, 12, 2014: 72,853 people reported to have side effects when taking Celebrex. Among them, 569 people (0.78%) have Hiatus Hernia.
Time on Celebrex when people have Hiatus hernia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hiatus hernia||11.90%||23.81%||4.76%||16.67%||14.29%||23.81%||4.76% |
Gender of people who have Hiatus hernia when taking Celebrex * :
|Hiatus hernia||64.68%||35.32% |
Age of people who have Hiatus hernia when taking Celebrex * :
|Hiatus hernia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.22%||3.36%||8.52%||31.84%||56.05% |
Severity of Hiatus hernia when taking Celebrex ** :
How people recovered from Hiatus hernia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (67 people, 11.78%)
- Arthritis (66 people, 11.60%)
- Metastases to bone (63 people, 11.07%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (55 people, 9.67%)
- Pain (41 people, 7.21%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (230 people, 40.42%)
- Aredia (202 people, 35.50%)
- Nexium (172 people, 30.23%)
- Ambien (150 people, 26.36%)
- Vioxx (133 people, 23.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hiatus Hernia while taking Celebrex?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Celebrex and have Hiatus Hernia
- group for people who take Celebrex
- group for people who have Hiatus Hernia
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 day ago):
I have just finished several rounds of antibiotics for a bronchial infection. Still have coughing spells but only one or two a day. But now I have trouble swallowing solid food when it gets down to my esophagus. I can swallow it but it hurts a bit.
From this study (3 weeks ago):
Can celebrex interfer with 5hiaa 24 he urine test
From this study (1 month ago):
Cortisone shot and cough syrup with hydrocodone two weeks before cardiac arrest while exercising. No known hesrt problems and recently passed nuclesr stress test and low calcium score in h heart. Blood pressure 115 over 75
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Celebrex, Hiatus hernia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Celebrex is absolutely terrible
I got a three-day trial pack from my doctor on July 12. On July 13, I got my period, which lasted eight days and was extremely heavy and painful (and I usually have to switch out super-plus tampons and an overnight pad every 6-7 hours, so heavier than that is impressive). No pain relief for my hips/ ...
- Who cares about the patient?
I can't believe I'm still alive but quality of life is greatly diminished and no one cares. Not one doctor cares about how this one dr. prescribed all these drugs over a period of 5 years and I lost everything. I flat-lined sept 18, 2005 and was told by dr there in er that I would live 1-5 years an ...
- Celebrex and taste loss
Following foot surgery, I have taken Celebrex for most of the last 4 months. I can no longer taste or smell. I just started a Z pack for a sinus problem and am hoping that will clear any infection that could be contributing to this loss. I have also stopped taking Celebrex in the meantime.
More reviews for: Celebrex, Hiatus hernia
On eHealthMe, Celebrex (celecoxib) is often used for arthritis. Find out below the conditions Celebrex is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Celebrex used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Aspirin And Dipyridamole, Aspirin, Alprazolam, Gabapentin, Guanfacine Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Abilify, Baclofen, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 64-year old man who has Headache, Blood Thinner, Anxiety Disorder, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chloresterol, Depression, Thyroid Disorder (47 minutes ago)
- Benadryl for a 26-year old woman who has Allergies (56 minutes ago)
- Curcumin, Borage Oil, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Folic Acid, Amlodipine Besylate, Humira, Methotrexate, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 60-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Neurontin and Herba Ginkgo Biloba
- Metoprolol Tartrate and Tapazole
- Cromolyn Sodium and Angioedema
- Platelet Count Decreased and Avodart
Recent user comments
- "Esophagitis gastritis for years, scope every five yea ... " (2 hours ago)
- "hypertension difficult to control; toprol augmented w ... " (3 hours ago)
- "i have night chest tightness,,, cough,, seeded medica ... " (4 hours ago)
- High Blood Pressure
- Puncture Weed
- Pemphigus Vulgaris