Celebrex and Irritable bowel syndrome - from FDA reports
Irritable bowel syndrome is found among people who take Celebrex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Vioxx, and have Osteoporosis . We study 94,150 people who have side effects while taking Celebrex from FDA. Among them, 254 have Irritable bowel syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Irritable bowel syndrome and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Celebrex has active ingredients of celecoxib. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from Celebrex 96,983 users)
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Irritable bowel syndrome has been reported by people with acne, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 22,700 Irritable bowel syndrome patients).
On Jan, 26, 2017
94,150 people reported to have side effects when taking Celebrex.
Among them, 254 people (0.27%) have Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Celebrex when people have Irritable Bowel Syndrome *:
- < 1 month: 33.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 23.81 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.52 %
- 1 - 2 years: 9.52 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 23.81 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Irritable Bowel Syndrome when taking Celebrex *:
- female: 74.21 %
- male: 25.79 %
Age of people who have Irritable Bowel Syndrome when taking Celebrex *:
- 0-1: 0.5 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.5 %
- 20-29: 2.49 %
- 30-39: 5.47 %
- 40-49: 19.9 %
- 50-59: 16.42 %
- 60+: 54.73 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (39 people, 15.35%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (26 people, 10.24%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (25 people, 9.84%)
- Arthritis (23 people, 9.06%)
- Pain (21 people, 8.27%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vioxx (70 people, 27.56%)
- Zometa (68 people, 26.77%)
- Aspirin (54 people, 21.26%)
- Lyrica (46 people, 18.11%)
- Cymbalta (46 people, 18.11%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Depression (93 people, 36.61%)
- Pain (83 people, 32.68%)
- Nausea (83 people, 32.68%)
- Stress And Anxiety (81 people, 31.89%)
- Constipation (72 people, 28.35%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Irritable bowel syndrome when taking Celebrex?
- Check symptoms - is irritable bowel syndrome caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Celebrexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Irritable bowel syndromeIrritable bowel syndrome
Could your condition cause Irritable bowel syndromeIrritable bowel syndrome
Can you answer these questions?
You may be interested in these reviews
In 2000 I was on Celebrex for a few months and then was diagnosed Witt severe aplastic aneamia. After fighting for my life for 5 years I had a bone marrow transplant and survived but with many issues degrading my health which I am still dealing with. I was 49 when diagnosed .
I suffer from IBS and Fibromyalgia and COPD and Sciatica and find that some medication like some pain killers can cause me bouts of Diarrhea I do not like taking medication so try to take very little if I can