Review: could Celebrex cause Irritable bowel syndrome?
Summary: Irritable bowel syndrome is found among people who take Celebrex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Vioxx, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 72,903 people who have side effects while taking Celebrex from FDA and social media. Among them, 204 have Irritable bowel syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Irritable bowel syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Celebrex and have Irritable bowel syndrome >>>
Celebrex has active ingredients of celecoxib. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from 74,547 Celebrex users)
Irritable bowel syndrome
Irritable bowel syndrome has been reported by people with acne, osteoporosis, depression, osteopenia, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 15,681 Irritable bowel syndrome patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 72,903 people reported to have side effects when taking Celebrex. Among them, 210 people (0.29%) have Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Time on Celebrex when people have Irritable bowel syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Irritable bowel syndrome||31.25%||18.75%||12.50%||18.75%||0.00%||18.75%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Irritable bowel syndrome when taking Celebrex * :
|Irritable bowel syndrome||73.97%||26.03% |
Age of people who have Irritable bowel syndrome when taking Celebrex * :
|Irritable bowel syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.63%||6.52%||23.37%||14.13%||54.35% |
Severity of Irritable bowel syndrome when taking Celebrex ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Irritable bowel syndrome||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Irritable bowel syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (31 people, 14.76%)
- Prostate cancer (20 people, 9.52%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (20 people, 9.52%)
- Arthritis (19 people, 9.05%)
- Arthralgia (15 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vioxx (70 people, 33.33%)
- Zometa (61 people, 29.05%)
- Aspirin (59 people, 28.10%)
- Nexium (50 people, 23.81%)
- Cymbalta (41 people, 19.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Celebrex and irritable bowel syndrome on
Do you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome while taking Celebrex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Celebrex and have Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- support group for people who take Celebrex
- support group for people who have Irritable bowel syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Xarelto, Lisinopril, Aralen Hydrochloride, Ambien, Tramadol, Celebrex, Victoza for a 66-year old woman with Arteriall Fibrualation, Blood Pressure, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Insomnia, Arthritis, Diabetes. The patient has Breathlessness
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Singulair, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman with Separation Anxiety, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Asthma, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Allergies. The patient has Muscle Stiffness, Peripheral, Muscle Twitching, Pulse, Sleeping Difficulty, Weight Loss, Anxiety, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
- A study of drug interactions between Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Celebrex, Simvastatin, Lisinopril for a 66-year old man with Joint Pain, Lower Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Erection Problems
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Effexor, Lipitor, Estradiol for a 58-year old woman with Mood Disorder, Autoimmune Disorder, Nutrition - Inadequate, Heart Disease, Anxiety Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Menopausal Symptoms. The patient has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Constipation, Headache, Tension, Eyes - Dry, Abdominal Bloating
- A study of side effects of Celebrex for a 47-year old woman with Arthritis - Osteoarthritis. The patient has Cd4 Lymphocytes
Recent Celebrex related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.