Review: could Celebrex cause Memory loss?
Summary: Memory loss is found among people who take Celebrex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ambien, and have Arthritis.
We study 72,916 people who have side effects while taking Celebrex from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,336 have Memory loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Memory loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Celebrex and have Memory loss >>>
Celebrex has active ingredients of celecoxib. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from 74,558 Celebrex users)
Memory loss has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 63,451 Memory loss patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 72,911 people reported to have side effects when taking Celebrex. Among them, 1,336 people (1.83%) have Memory Loss.
Time on Celebrex when people have Memory loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Memory loss||29.49%||14.74%||13.46%||5.13%||21.79%||12.18%||3.21% |
Gender of people who have Memory loss when taking Celebrex * :
|Memory loss||63.77%||36.23% |
Age of people who have Memory loss when taking Celebrex * :
|Memory loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.42%||0.52%||5.01%||22.55%||24.95%||46.56% |
Severity of Memory loss when taking Celebrex ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Memory loss||17.65%||29.41%||41.18%||11.76% |
How people recovered from Memory loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Memory loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Arthritis (280 people, 20.96%)
- Pain (166 people, 12.43%)
- Depression (126 people, 9.43%)
- Hypertension (107 people, 8.01%)
- Back pain (61 people, 4.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (239 people, 17.89%)
- Zometa (234 people, 17.51%)
- Aspirin (233 people, 17.44%)
- Lipitor (233 people, 17.44%)
- Neurontin (230 people, 17.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
gypsey (1 year ago):
I am 66 years old, female. About a month ago I was prescribed celebrex twice a day for my back pain. Celebrex has not decreased my back pain, but shortly after I started taking it, I noticed some memory loss. I had problems finding my words, my husband had noticed it, but did not say anything. Finally I decided to stop the Celebrex and noticed that I had less problems finding my words.
I am glad I read this research, as I was really thinking I was losing my mind.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of celebrex and memory loss on
Do you have Memory Loss while taking Celebrex?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Celebrex and have Memory Loss
- support group for people who take Celebrex
- support group for people who have Memory Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Celebrex for a 55-year old woman with Inflammation. The patient has Hoarseness Or Changing Voice
- A study of drug interactions between Daytrana, Lorazepam, Lexapro, Risperdal for a 27-year old woman with ADHD, Anxiety, Major Depression, Depression. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Tingling And Numbness, Memory Loss
- A study of side effects of Cyclosporine for a 42-year old man with Heart Transplant Rejection. The patient has Memory Impairment, Confusion, Light Sensitivity, Burning Feet Syndrome, Feeling Hot And Cold, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Tremor
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Neck Pain, Back Pain, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Rash Generalised, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Short-term Memory Loss, Tendon Pain, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Neuropathy, Arterial Spasm
- A study of side effects of Celecoxib for a 57-year old woman with Pain - Back. The patient has Mouth Sores
Recent Celebrex related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.