Celebrex and Renal failure - from FDA reports
Renal failure is found among people who take Celebrex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Renal failure with Celebrex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 98,692 people who have side effects when taking Celebrex from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
98,692 people reported to have side effects when taking Celebrex.
Among them, 1,506 people (1.53%) have Renal failure
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Celebrex when people have Renal failure *:
- < 1 month: 23.98 %
- 1 - 6 months: 18.71 %
- 6 - 12 months: 11.11 %
- 1 - 2 years: 12.87 %
- 2 - 5 years: 21.64 %
- 5 - 10 years: 11.11 %
- 10+ years: 0.58 %
Gender of people who have Renal failure when taking Celebrex *:
- female: 57.42 %
- male: 42.58 %
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Celebrex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.38 %
- 20-29: 0.38 %
- 30-39: 3.58 %
- 40-49: 12.05 %
- 50-59: 17.42 %
- 60+: 66.2 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (127 people, 8.43%)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (101 people, 6.71%)
- Osteoporosis (79 people, 5.25%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (78 people, 5.18%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (70 people, 4.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (261 people, 17.33%)
- Vioxx (237 people, 15.74%)
- Lipitor (204 people, 13.55%)
- Zometa (148 people, 9.83%)
- Prednisone (146 people, 9.69%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (280 people, 18.59%)
- Heart Attack (249 people, 16.53%)
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (231 people, 15.34%)
- Anaemia (228 people, 15.14%)
- Injury (202 people, 13.41%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Renal failure when taking Celebrex?
- Check symptoms - is renal failure caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsRenal failure and drugs with ingredients of celecoxib.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeRenal failure and Celebrex from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Celebrex has active ingredients of celecoxib. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from Celebrex 101,631 users)
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, diabetes, coronary artery bypass, pain (latest reports from 87,300 Renal failure patients).
Browse all side effects of Celebrexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Renal failureRenal failure
Could your condition cause Renal failureRenal failure
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been taking 10 mg of prednisone and 200 mg of celebrex, and 50 mg of metoprolol daily for seventeen years. I also take 80 mg of atorvastatin and 200 mg of lamotrigine, 40 mg of pantoprazole and a 81 mg aspirin daily. A year ago I suffered eight seizures. I have strong mood swings, ...
1 month after starting Celebrex after 4 years of taking 900 lithium I began to have short episodes of derealization. Driving began to make me anxious believing I might have an episode and consequently get in an accident. I would have episodes when talking to friends which would lead to a small ...
Hello guys, My name is favour i'm 39 male I have been using dexamethasone(tablets) with Cyproheptadine(caplet), i was too skinny and i needed to add up some flesh and based on a friend's advice i started taking one caplet of Cyproheptadine daily and 1mg of dexacortin(dexamethasone) , in no ...
User reviews to the study
I am new to the group. My last blood work showed my electrolytes were 180 and should have been 220. ( I am 71 and have been on Celebrex for 4 years ) What specific foods should I eat more off to bring them up to a higher level ? Thanks, Anna