Celebrex and Tinnitus - from FDA reports
Tinnitus is found among people who take Celebrex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Tinnitus with Celebrex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 98,692 people who have side effects when taking Celebrex from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
98,692 people reported to have side effects when taking Celebrex.
Among them, 588 people (0.6%) have Tinnitus
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Celebrex when people have Tinnitus *:
- < 1 month: 43.59 %
- 1 - 6 months: 28.21 %
- 6 - 12 months: 5.13 %
- 1 - 2 years: 7.69 %
- 2 - 5 years: 5.13 %
- 5 - 10 years: 10.26 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Tinnitus when taking Celebrex *:
- female: 64.64 %
- male: 35.36 %
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Celebrex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.7 %
- 20-29: 0.93 %
- 30-39: 3.73 %
- 40-49: 10.72 %
- 50-59: 28.21 %
- 60+: 55.71 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (47 people, 7.99%)
- Multiple Myeloma (43 people, 7.31%)
- Metastases To Bone (36 people, 6.12%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (35 people, 5.95%)
- Fluid Retention (26 people, 4.42%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (136 people, 23.13%)
- Fosamax (103 people, 17.52%)
- Vioxx (87 people, 14.80%)
- Lipitor (87 people, 14.80%)
- Aredia (81 people, 13.78%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Dizziness (165 people, 28.06%)
- Chest Pain (135 people, 22.96%)
- Fatigue (133 people, 22.62%)
- Breathing Difficulty (133 people, 22.62%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (127 people, 21.60%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tinnitus when taking Celebrex?
Celebrex has active ingredients of celecoxib. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from Celebrex 100,136 users)
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, rheumatoid arthritis, pain (latest reports from 30,035 Tinnitus patients).