Home > Celebrex > Weight loss > Celebrex and Weight loss
Review: could Celebrex cause Weight loss?
Summary: Weight loss is found among people who take Celebrex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Depression.
We study 72,871 people who have side effects while taking Celebrex from FDA and social media. Among them, 266 have Weight loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight loss and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Celebrex and have Weight loss >>>
Celebrex (latest outcomes from 74,515 users) has active ingredients of celecoxib. It is often used in arthritis.
Weight loss (latest reports from 98,584 patients) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 72,865 people reported to have side effects when taking Celebrex. Among them, 266 people (0.37%) have Weight Loss.
Time on Celebrex when people have Weight loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight loss||4.00%||20.00%||12.00%||32.00%||12.00%||12.00%||8.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight loss when taking Celebrex * :
|Weight loss||73.70%||26.30% |
Age of people who have Weight loss when taking Celebrex * :
|Weight loss||0.00%||0.44%||0.00%||0.44%||12.78%||21.15%||22.03%||43.17% |
Severity of Weight loss when taking Celebrex ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight loss||0.00%||60.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (62 people, 23.31%)
- Pain (50 people, 18.80%)
- Breast cancer (30 people, 11.28%)
- Metastases to bone (28 people, 10.53%)
- Hypertension (26 people, 9.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (90 people, 33.83%)
- Ambien (75 people, 28.20%)
- Lasix (70 people, 26.32%)
- Lisinopril (66 people, 24.81%)
- Aredia (63 people, 23.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight Loss while taking Celebrex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Celebrex and have Weight Loss
- support group for people who take Celebrex
- support group for people who have Weight Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How long after starting celebrex did seizure occur? how many ? what type of seizure? grand vs petit? how evaluated
(Asked by a 59 year old man who has Unresponsive To Stimuli, Tonic Muscular Activity, and takes Celebrex)
Taken 200mg for two days bid = four pills = total 800mg
- Does diovan 320 improve kidney function and reduce creatinine?
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Overweight)
I was diabetic and was under oral medication. i am OK now I only take some care with my food and my diabetes is within the limit and under control.
- What drugs can i take for pain that won't affect my narrow angled glaucoma
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has An Increase In Eye Pressure, and takes Celebrex)
My doctor wanted me to investigate three drugs he would suggest for my severe back pain
- What is the current treatment for larangospasm?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, Hypercholesterolemia, GERD, Larangospasm With Asthmatic Component, and takes Klonopin, Xanax, Celebrex, Zyrtec, Lipitor, Fluticasone Propionate, Budesonide , Xopenex, Prevacid, Lexapro)
For two years I have been fighting with larangospasm. I have been hospitalized twice and treated with prednisone as well as nebulizers with albuterol. I had botox injections into my vocal cords last July 2013 and have a straw hanging around my neck for straw breathing. The last "attack" lasted one ...
- Can celebrex cause folic acid deficiency
(Asked by a 69 year old man who has Fatigue, Arrhythmias, Joint Pain, and takes Celebrex)
I have recurrent drop in folic acid levels with associated drop in pulse rate,eg,39-40 beats per minute
More questions for: Celebrex, Weight loss
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Erection Problems, Bad Dreams, Weight Loss, and takes Lisinopril, Lipitor)
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,thoughts of losing my mind ,racing heart rate,mental confusion,emergency visits twice,never in my life have gone to hospital by ambulance..5'11 178 BM 17 ,faithful gym rat ,all test ruled out physical issues,informed doctor, he didn't feel Lip ...
- Weight loss associated with flomax within the last 10 years.
(Posted by a 82 year old man who has Weight Loss, and takes Flomax)
I have been taking flomax for approx. 10 yrs.I was then & still is very active
I exercise for one HR.every morning (5 days a week)walk for 2 miles every day,
ride my bike occasionlly,I am now 82 yrs.old.My problem is "weight loss".
I'm 5'9" tall,I weighed 175 lbs.when I first started to take Flom ...
- Weight loss taking lipitor
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Lost All Body Muscles And Weight Loss, Weight Loss)
Did not want to take Lipitor heard a lot about it dr made me I weighed 164 was on Lipitor for 2years lost down to 132 and still losing how do I regain some weight back I look horrible
- Not a great experience
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, Hashimotos Thyroidism, Prehypertension, and takes Armour Thyroid, Celebrex, Norvasc)
I was on norvasc for two months and had to go off because of severe swelling of feet and legs. Also rapid heart beat and very profuse sweating. it was horrible. It also raised my blood pressure. after going off BP dropped by @least 10 points both diastolic and systolic.
- Celebrex is absolutely terrible
(Posted by a 21 year old woman who has Chronic Pain, Bilateral Trochanteric Bursitis, Scoliosis, Arthritis, and takes Celebrex)
I got a three-day trial pack from my doctor on July 12. On July 13, I got my period, which lasted eight days and was extremely heavy and painful (and I usually have to switch out super-plus tampons and an overnight pad every 6-7 hours, so heavier than that is impressive). No pain relief for my hips/ ...
More reviews for: Celebrex, Weight loss
- A study of drug interactions between Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Strattera, Ritalin, Phentermine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Zorvolex, Olanzapine, Seroquel Xr, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Perindopril Erbumine, Lamotrigine, Mirtazapine for a patient with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Obesity, Insomnia, Arthritis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Bipolar 1, Major Depressive Disorder, Tachycardia, Sleeplessness, Diabetes, Obesity, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Generalised Anxiety Disorder
Comments: i'm pretty much the most comlex case 4 psychiatrists, 3 psychologists, a nuero scientist/adult mood disorder specialised doctor, 3 gp's, 2 naturopaths and an adhd specialist have ever come accross. i'm basically a pharmacy on legs with over 32types of medications tried in 13 months including those i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Celebrex, Lisinopril, Lovastatin, Metformin for a patient with Arthritis, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Neuropathy
Comments: I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in late Dec. of 2012/early Jan. of 2013. I was put on a treament of Metformin and lovastatin. About a month to 6 weeks later, I began to get a warm sensation in my feet, as if I was walking on a heated floor. This sensation has now spread over my entire body. I a ...
- A study of drug interactions between Hydroxyzine, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Seroquel Xr, Phentermine, Sprintec, Lamictal, Adderall 30, Melatonin for a patient with Sleep Aid, Acne, Mood Stabilizer, Weight Loss, Birth Control, Add. The patient has Depersonalisation, Appetite - Increased, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Apathy, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Fatigue, Lethargy, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Mood Stabilizer, Overweight
Comments: I've previously been on both Adderall and Phentermine, at different times. I experienced very drastic and noticeable effectiveness. The phentermine helped with weight loss significantly and the Adderall greatly increased my energy levels, self-confidence, elevated mood, and higher concentration and ...
- A study of side effects of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Ehlers-danlos Syndrome. The patient has Sight Blackens / Dizzy When Getting Up, Sickness -feel A Little Like Throwing Up, Lightheadedness - Dizzy (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness), Lose Weight
Comments: DRUG NAME IS SAROTEX, 10mg (amitriptyline)
Lose weight and other bi-effects only occur as long as i increase doze. Started with 10 mg every night for one week, then 20 mg every night for one week, and so forth. If i don't increase doze, effects will go away after one week. I lost 13 kilograms ver ...
- A study of drug interactions between Sotalol Hydrochloride, Celebrex, Zestoretic, Lipitor, Allopurinol, Colchicine, Nexium, Coumadin for a patient with Arrhythmia, Back Pain/, Blood Pressure Management, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Gouty Arthritis, Acid Reflux, Factor V Leiden Mutation. The patient has Low Blood Pressure
Comments: I tried to modify my first report but couldn't t so I must add that my main problem at this point is low blood pressure. my range is now between 103-to 110 high and my low is 60 -75. Pulse varies from 47 to 60.I also have arrhythmia which I think is due to excessive dehydration under physical exerc ...
More related studies for: Celebrex, Weight loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.