Celebrex and Weight loss - from FDA reports
Weight loss is found among people who take Celebrex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Weight loss with Celebrex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 98,692 people who have side effects when taking Celebrex from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
98,692 people reported to have side effects when taking Celebrex.
Among them, 327 people (0.33%) have Weight loss
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Celebrex when people have Weight loss *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 31.82 %
- 6 - 12 months: 13.64 %
- 1 - 2 years: 18.18 %
- 2 - 5 years: 22.73 %
- 5 - 10 years: 13.64 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Weight loss when taking Celebrex *:
- female: 73.44 %
- male: 26.56 %
Age of people who have Weight loss when taking Celebrex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.38 %
- 10-19: 0.38 %
- 20-29: 1.53 %
- 30-39: 11.88 %
- 40-49: 22.61 %
- 50-59: 21.84 %
- 60+: 41.38 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (64 people, 19.57%)
- Metastases To Bone (32 people, 9.79%)
- Breast Cancer (31 people, 9.48%)
- High Blood Pressure (27 people, 8.26%)
- Metastasis (24 people, 7.34%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (99 people, 30.28%)
- Ambien (82 people, 25.08%)
- Lasix (75 people, 22.94%)
- Aredia (69 people, 21.10%)
- Lisinopril (68 people, 20.80%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (139 people, 42.51%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (127 people, 38.84%)
- High Blood Pressure (107 people, 32.72%)
- Back Pain (90 people, 27.52%)
- Anaemia (86 people, 26.30%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Weight loss when taking Celebrex?
- Check symptoms - is weight loss caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsWeight loss and drugs with ingredients of celecoxib.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeWeight loss and Celebrex from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Celebrex has active ingredients of celecoxib. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from Celebrex 101,630 users)
Weight loss has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure (latest reports from 30,775 Weight loss patients).
Browse all side effects of Celebrexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Weight lossWeight loss
Could your condition cause Weight lossWeight loss
What would happen?
Questions to the study
i forgot to add to my post that I believe my weight loss of 20 lbs over the last 5 years is from the temazepam. Any suggestions or comments, I am very thin, and cannot gain weight, especially the weight i lost.
I am 27 and have been on Bactrim for about 7 weeks due to a Staph Infection after a Felon in my finger. I have lost 25lbs in this time and it is starting to worry me. I haven't weighed 175lb since the 7th grade. Anyone have any insight or experiences like this on Bactrim?
User reviews to the study
hi I have been on Temazepan for the last 5 years, 25 milligrams. I am thinking of going off it. I have tried twice without success. Any suggestons, or better substitutes. I am an active 82 year old female
I am new to the group. My last blood work showed my electrolytes were 180 and should have been 220. ( I am 71 and have been on Celebrex for 4 years ) What specific foods should I eat more off to bring them up to a higher level ? Thanks, Anna
I have been on temazepan for about 5 years, without any side effects. However, just lately, I discovered that weight loss is a side effect. I have lost about 20 lbs in the last 5 years, and took every test to find out why. I now believe it is from the temazepan, and i dont want to go off