Review: could Celexa cause Acne?
Summary: Acne is found among people who take Celexa, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Levaquin, and have Depression.
We study 27,467 people who have side effects while taking Celexa from FDA and social media. Among them, 102 have Acne. Find out below who they are, when they have Acne and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Celexa and have Acne >>>
Celexa has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression. (view latest outcomes from 30,706 users)
Acne (skin problems that cause pimples) has been reported by people with birth control, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, crohn's disease, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Acne 31,230 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 27,467 people reported to have side effects when taking Celexa. Among them, 102 people (0.37%) have Acne.
Time on Celexa when people have Acne * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Acne when taking Celexa * :
Severity of Acne when taking Celexa ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Acne ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (34 people, 33.33%)
- Colitis (18 people, 17.65%)
- Anxiety (16 people, 15.69%)
- Metastases to bone (10 people, 9.80%)
- Hepatitis c (8 people, 7.84%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levaquin (20 people, 19.61%)
- Asacol (19 people, 18.63%)
- Vioxx (19 people, 18.63%)
- Accutane (18 people, 17.65%)
- Ambien (17 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Acne while taking Celexa?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Celexa and have Acne
- support group for people who take Celexa
- support group for people who have Acne
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Celexa, Acne
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Citalopram seizures in my 13 year old daughter
My daughter just turned 13. Her Father died last year and she was having trouble dealing with it so her doctor put her on 20 mil of citalopram once a day. She started feeling better in about a week. About 30 days later she had a severe seizure and quit breathing. I did CPR and got her breathing again and the paramedics took her to the hospital. After an MRI and EEG they sent her home and said keep an eye on her. She had about 6 seizures all together. I wouldn't let her out of my sight. Finally on her last trip to the hospital after having a seizure I again asked could it be the meds and the ER doc said yes so we took her off of it and no more seizures. It's been 4 weeks now and I'm hopeful that we found the problem. My daughter had never had any health problems... Be very careful what kind of meds you put your children on. Thank God she was home with me that night.
- Long-term use of risperidone and antidepressants
I have been using Risperdal and antidepressants for 14 years for bipolar disorder. Last month I was diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency and progesterone deficiency. My cholesterol suddenly became high, I was tired all the time and more symptoms relating to my eventual diagnosis of adrenal insufficiency and progesterone deficiency. I must also say that at the same time of starting treatment I stopped using birth control pills. I feel there needs to be caution taken in all of these drugs. They seem to have a severe effect on hormone balance in the body.
- Chills associated with ibuprophen (1 response)
I generally respond well to medication. I am a senior who has chronic pain from a c1-c2 fusion. Codeine works well, and I don't use a lot. Still, I sought alternatives to opiates for nerve pain. I lice in a colder climate. It took me quite a while to associate susceptibility to becoming chilled with Ibuprophen. I thought it was age and/or the weather. Perhaps these are factors; but it happens every time I use Ibuprophen. I share this hoping it can help others.
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has been down hill.Prednisone worked great at first but then it starts to destroy the body.Had nasal passage surgery(waste of time)have broken many ribs from coughing.painful.when you are on prednisone your body takes 3-5 times longer to heal.craked tailbone from a slip. have seen over 12 doctors.reasonable gueswork. My best doc which is mine says do you want to suffocate to death or let your body try and fix itself if it can. im not for suffocation at all. Just a good medicine to counter the angriness of the steroid. Any ideas i am all ears. oh ya my eyes are starting to go and my joints as well
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
More reviews for: Celexa, Acne
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- After 3-4 days of taking adderall or any stimulants I start to get pimple like sores on my scalp, nose,eyes,mouth,face and vaginal area puss comes out of mi eyes and vaginal area.
It seems like every hair follicle or cut becomes clogged and filled with puss. It burns when I use the restroom. My ey ...
- Bleeding symptoms reduce when off medication for nearly a week. Blood clot type content in loose stool (liquid). blood ranges from very dark to bright in same movement. Amount of blood is concern. There is pain and firm area in between upper pelvic and lower abdomen area that disappears after moveme ...
- I get a dull headache in back of head, right side. Not sharp pain. Headache cause dizziness and sensitivity to sound. Woke up with tenderness from near jawbone done to throat area. Vein along this area feels tender and possibly swollen.
- was on 10 mg Celexa which was increased 1 week ago to 20 mg due to high levels of stress in workplace. 7 days into increased dose experienced high level of anger in workplace due to stressful conditions.
- When waking unable to spontaneously open my eye's, I try as normal but no response. Usually affects left eye but now both. I have to physically open my eyelid with my fingers, almost like my eyelids have forgotten how to respond.
More related studies for: Celexa, Acne
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.