Review: could Celexa cause Baldness (Hair loss)?
Summary: Baldness is found among people who take Celexa, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 27,511 people who have side effects while taking Celexa from FDA and social media. Among them, 351 have Baldness. Find out below who they are, when they have Baldness and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Celexa and have Baldness >>>
Celexa has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 30,753 Celexa users)
Baldness (partial or complete lack of hair growth) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 42,705 Baldness patients)
On Mar, 6, 2015: 27,511 people reported to have side effects when taking Celexa. Among them, 351 people (1.28%) have Baldness.
Time on Celexa when people have Baldness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Baldness when taking Celexa * :
Severity of Baldness when taking Celexa ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Baldness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (52 people, 14.81%)
- Hepatitis c (20 people, 5.70%)
- Anxiety (16 people, 4.56%)
- Pain (15 people, 4.27%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (13 people, 3.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (53 people, 15.10%)
- Prilosec (49 people, 13.96%)
- Synthroid (45 people, 12.82%)
- Zometa (42 people, 11.97%)
- Xanax (42 people, 11.97%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Baldness while taking Celexa?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Celexa and have Baldness
- support group for people who take Celexa
- support group for people who have Baldness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen Sodium And Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Celexa for a 42-year old woman with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Anxiety. The patient has Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Anxiety And Stress
- A study of side effects of Unisom for a 51-year old woman with Insomnia. The patient has Aging Changes In The Face, Menstruation Irregular, Hair Loss, Presbyopia (condition in which the lens of the eye loses its ability to focus, making it difficult to see objects up close)
- A study of drug interactions between Celexa, Clonazepam, Valproic Acid for a 33-year old man with Bipolar Disorder, Panic Disorder. The patient has Impaired Memory, Memory Impairment, Disturbance In Attention, Cognitive Deterioration
- A study of drug interactions between Penicillin, Clonazepam, Alesse, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 26-year old woman with Pericoronitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Birth Control, Major Depression. The patient has Swollen Lymph Nodes, Fever, Swallowing Difficulty, Pericoronitis, Swelling Face
- A study of side effects of Topiramate for a 43-year old woman with Migraine With Aura. The patient has Dizziness, Burning Sensation, Feeling Cold, Dry Mouth, Hyperthermia (body temperature greatly above normal), Hair Texture Abnormal, Hair Loss
Recent Celexa related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Buspar, Celexa, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Celexa for a 41-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Metformin, Klonopin, Celexa, Clozapine for a 55-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Chantix, Buspar, Celexa for a 37-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Celexa, Cymbalta for a 88-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.