Review: could Celexa cause Blood pressure increased (High blood pressure)?
Summary: Blood pressure increased is found among people who take Celexa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 27,519 people who have side effects while taking Celexa from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,180 have Blood pressure increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood pressure increased and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Celexa and have Blood pressure increased >>>
Celexa has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 30,759 Celexa users)
Blood pressure increased
Blood pressure increased has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain. (latest reports from 329,635 Blood pressure increased patients)
On Mar, 16, 2015: 27,511 people reported to have side effects when taking Celexa. Among them, 1,180 people (4.29%) have Blood Pressure Increased.
Time on Celexa when people have Blood pressure increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood pressure increased||21.52%||21.52%||5.06%||16.46%||25.32%||8.86%||1.27% |
Age of people who have Blood pressure increased when taking Celexa * :
|Blood pressure increased||0.09%||0.00%||2.25%||4.50%||7.79%||24.48%||29.93%||30.97% |
Severity of Blood pressure increased when taking Celexa ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blood pressure increased||0.00%||91.67%||8.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Blood pressure increased ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Blood pressure increased||16.67%||16.67%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (308 people, 26.10%)
- Anxiety (161 people, 13.64%)
- Hypertension (156 people, 13.22%)
- Pain (139 people, 11.78%)
- Bipolar disorder (74 people, 6.27%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (255 people, 21.61%)
- Xanax (237 people, 20.08%)
- Vioxx (236 people, 20.00%)
- Neurontin (230 people, 19.49%)
- Zometa (196 people, 16.61%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of celexa and blood pressure increased on
Do you have Blood Pressure Increased while taking Celexa?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Celexa and have Blood Pressure Increased
- support group for people who take Celexa
- support group for people who have Blood Pressure Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Mydriacyl for a 38-year old woman with Eye Exam - Standard. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Qsymia, Fetzima for a 46-year old man with Weight Loss, Depression. The patient has Tremor, Confusion, Dialated Pupils, Diaphoresis, Palpation, Insomnia, Hypertension
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine Hydrochloride And Codeine Phosphate, Pravachol, Protonix, Cozaar, Celexa, Coreg, Symbicort, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate for a 71-year old woman with Cough, Hypercholesterolemia, Gerd, Cardiac Disorder, Depression, Dyspnea. The patient has Pancytopenia
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen Sodium And Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Celexa for a 42-year old woman with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Anxiety. The patient has Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Anxiety And Stress
- A study of drug interactions between Azithromycin, Methylprednisolone for a 52-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Upper Respiratory Tract Inflammation. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Back Pain - Low, Diarrhea Associated With Medications, Insomnia, Headache - Migraine Without Aura
Recent Celexa related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Buspar, Celexa, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Celexa for a 41-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Metformin, Klonopin, Celexa, Clozapine for a 55-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Chantix, Buspar, Celexa for a 37-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Celexa, Cymbalta for a 88-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.