Review: could Celexa cause Blood pressure increased?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 7, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.2/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 27,087 people who take Celexa. Among them, 1,184 have Blood pressure increased. See who they are, when they have Blood pressure increased and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Celexa (latest outcomes from 29,418 users) has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression, stress and anxiety. Commonly reported side effects of Celexa include nausea, nausea aggravated, stress and anxiety, depression, anxiety aggravated.
Blood pressure increased
Blood pressure increased (latest reports from 1,140,185 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain.
On Feb, 19, 2014: 26,005 people reported to have side effects when taking Celexa. Among them, 1,119 people (4.30%) have Blood Pressure Increased.
Time on Celexa when people have Blood pressure increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood pressure increased||19.74%||23.68%||5.26%||15.79%||25.00%||9.21%||1.32% |
Age of people who have Blood pressure increased when taking Celexa * :
|Blood pressure increased||0.09%||0.00%||2.37%||4.57%||8.22%||23.47%||30.05%||31.23% |
Severity of Blood pressure increased when taking Celexa ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blood pressure increased||0.00%||81.82%||18.18%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Blood pressure increased ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Blood pressure increased||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (299 people, 26.72%)
- Anxiety (155 people, 13.85%)
- Hypertension (150 people, 13.40%)
- Pain (136 people, 12.15%)
- Bipolar disorder (73 people, 6.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (247 people, 22.07%)
- Vioxx (228 people, 20.38%)
- Xanax (228 people, 20.38%)
- Neurontin (224 people, 20.02%)
- Zometa (174 people, 15.55%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Celexa, Blood pressure increased
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Celexa (citalopram hydrobromide) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Celexa is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Celexa used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Celexa side effects from A to Z:
Browse Celexa drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 weeks ago):
Depression, moderate Hypertension not controlled yet. Joint pain... Shoulder Osteoarthritis worth necrosis and bone spurs. New shoulder with in the next 5 years.
From this study (4 years ago):
My right leg from the knee down always feels like it's asleep. Also feels like I'm walking on a stone in my shoe. It achs off an on during the day. I think this might be the Focalin
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Celexa, Blood pressure increased
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
More reviews for: Celexa, Blood pressure increased
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Tramadol, Alprazolam, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Prempro, Carafate, Celexa, Treximet, Promethegan, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride for a patient with Heartburn - Chronic, Pain, Anxiety And Stress, Blood Pressure Increased, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone-producing Pituitary Tumour, Hormone Level Abnormal, Migraine, Nausea, Muscle Strain. The patient has Nausea, Pain Exacerbated, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Migraine, Hormone Level Abnormal, Low Thyroid (Hypothyroidism), Blood Pressure Increased (High blood pressure), Heartburn - Chronic (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)
- A study of drug interactions between Maxzide-25, Focalin Xr, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Add, Depression. The patient has High Blood Pressure
More related studies for: Celexa, Blood pressure increased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.