Review: could Celexa cause Blood pressure increased (High blood pressure)?
Summary: Blood pressure increased is found among people who take Celexa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 27,531 people who have side effects while taking Celexa from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,180 have Blood pressure increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood pressure increased and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Celexa and have Blood pressure increased >>>
Celexa has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 30,769 Celexa users)
Blood pressure increased
Blood pressure increased has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain. (latest reports from 329,819 Blood pressure increased patients)
On Apr, 15, 2015: 27,519 people reported to have side effects when taking Celexa. Among them, 1,180 people (4.29%) have Blood Pressure Increased.
Time on Celexa when people have Blood pressure increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood pressure increased||21.52%||21.52%||5.06%||16.46%||25.32%||8.86%||1.27% |
Age of people who have Blood pressure increased when taking Celexa * :
|Blood pressure increased||0.09%||0.00%||2.25%||4.50%||7.79%||24.48%||29.93%||30.97% |
Severity of Blood pressure increased when taking Celexa ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blood pressure increased||0.00%||91.67%||8.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Blood pressure increased ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Blood pressure increased||16.67%||16.67%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (308 people, 26.10%)
- Anxiety (161 people, 13.64%)
- Hypertension (156 people, 13.22%)
- Pain (139 people, 11.78%)
- Bipolar disorder (74 people, 6.27%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (255 people, 21.61%)
- Xanax (237 people, 20.08%)
- Vioxx (236 people, 20.00%)
- Neurontin (230 people, 19.49%)
- Zometa (196 people, 16.61%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of celexa and blood pressure increased on
Do you have Blood Pressure Increased while taking Celexa?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Celexa and have Blood Pressure Increased
- support group for people who take Celexa
- support group for people who have Blood Pressure Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Multivitamin, Horse Chestnut, Omega 3, Saw Palmetto, Metformin, Aspirin, Atenolol, Glimepiride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fosinopril Sodium for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Deficiency, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Ischaemic Heart Disease. The patient has Peripheral Artery Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Lamictal, Latuda, Celexa, Methadone Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Wellbutrin Sr for a 35-year old woman with Nasal Allergies, Bipolar 2, Drug Addiction, Anxiety. The patient has Anorgasmia
- A study of side effects of Celexa for a 69-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Low Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Ortho Tri-cyclen, Celexa, Zolpidem for a 34-year old woman with Birth Control, Depression, Insomnia. The patient has Migraine, Fatigue - Chronic, Binge Eating
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Chf, High Blood Pressure, Hbp. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Weight Fluctuation
Recent Celexa related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.