Review: could Celexa cause Drug screen positive?
Summary: Drug screen positive is found among people who take Celexa, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Oxycontin, and have Pain.
We study 27,519 people who have side effects while taking Celexa from FDA and social media. Among them, 73 have Drug screen positive. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug screen positive and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Celexa and have Drug screen positive >>>
Celexa has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 30,764 Celexa users)
Drug screen positive
Drug screen positive has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, gastrooesophageal reflux disease, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest reports from 4,209 Drug screen positive patients)
On Apr, 13, 2015: 27,519 people reported to have side effects when taking Celexa. Among them, 73 people (0.27%) have Drug Screen Positive.
Time on Celexa when people have Drug screen positive * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Drug screen positive||80.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Drug screen positive when taking Celexa * :
|Drug screen positive||0.00%||0.00%||4.23%||7.04%||32.39%||23.94%||15.49%||16.90% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (23 people, 31.51%)
- Depression (15 people, 20.55%)
- Anxiety (5 people, 6.85%)
- Sleep disorder (3 people, 4.11%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (3 people, 4.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (36 people, 49.32%)
- Neurontin (18 people, 24.66%)
- Soma (14 people, 19.18%)
- Oxycodone hcl (14 people, 19.18%)
- Effexor (12 people, 16.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of celexa and drug screen positive on
Do you have Drug Screen Positive while taking Celexa?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Celexa and have Drug Screen Positive
- support group for people who take Celexa
- support group for people who have Drug Screen Positive
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Celexa, Cymbalta for a 64-year old woman with PTSD, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Vertigo Positional
- A study of drug interactions between Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Codeprex, Celexa, Depakote for a 40-year old woman with Pain, Pain, Depression, Migraine With Aura.
- A study of drug interactions between Citalopram Hydrobromide, Wellbutrin for a 25-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Restless Legs Syndrome
- A study of side effects of Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 34-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Tinnitus
- A study of drug interactions between Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 37-year old woman with Contraception, Depression. The patient has Asthma, Gerd, Cough
Recent Celexa related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.