Home > Celexa > High blood sugar > Celexa and High blood sugar
Review: could Celexa cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
Summary: High blood sugar is found among people who take Celexa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 27,451 people who have side effects while taking Celexa from FDA and social media. Among them, 306 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Celexa and have High blood sugar >>>
Celexa (latest outcomes from 30,690 users) has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression.
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) (latest reports from 16,702 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, depression, bipolar disorder.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 27,451 people reported to have side effects when taking Celexa. Among them, 306 people (1.11%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Celexa when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||25.00%||21.88%||18.75%||21.88%||12.50%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Celexa * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||7.48%||3.12%||12.15%||26.48%||21.81%||28.97% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Celexa ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (81 people, 26.47%)
- Bipolar disorder (49 people, 16.01%)
- Anxiety (44 people, 14.38%)
- Insomnia (38 people, 12.42%)
- Sleep disorder (34 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (160 people, 52.29%)
- Zyprexa (103 people, 33.66%)
- Xanax (72 people, 23.53%)
- Lasix (64 people, 20.92%)
- Ambien (61 people, 19.93%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Celexa?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Celexa and have High Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Celexa
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Emphysema, 60 Mg A Day For 13 Years, and takes Citalopram Hydrobromide)
CAN IT CAUSE EMPHASEMIA
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Potassium - Low, High Blood Sugar, High Blood Pressure, and takes Simvastatin, Losartan, Hctz)
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
- What could be causing eye pain and headacne and bright glaring light on the right side only?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Occular Migraine, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Lunesta, Trental, Fosinopril Sodium, Ativan, Celexa, Simvastatin, Neurontin, Lortab, Combivent Respimat)
Senitive to light, can't spend long on computer or cell phone. Diagnosed with anklylosing spondylosis
- Memory loss& confusion
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Loss Of Memory, and takes Celexa)
I can not remember the majority or most of my past.I am very,very confused about things or stuff that I used to know everything about
- I am a 45 year old female who from missuri. i have suffered from a severe anxiety disorder since i was 25. i was misdiagnoowith bipolar disorder. it has creat
(Asked by a 46 year old woman who has Severe Anxiety, Insomnia, Gastritis, Racing Irrational Thoughts, and takes Celexa, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Xanax)
A traumatic event occured when I was 19 and brought me the point of seeking "professional" psychiatric help only to suffer a misdiagnosis for 20 years. I turned to self medication until recently. Now my anxiety has left me with a hyper sensitive histamine production, 24/7 fight or flight mode, insom ...
More questions for: Celexa, High blood sugar
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Citalopram seizures in my 13 year old daughter
(Posted by a 13 year old girl who has Seizure - Generalized, and takes Citalopram Hydrobromide)
My daughter just turned 13. Her Father died last year and she was having trouble dealing with it so her doctor put her on 20 mil of citalopram once a day. She started feeling better in about a week. About 30 days later she had a severe seizure and quit breathing. I did CPR and got her breathing agai ...
- Long-term use of risperidone and antidepressants
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Progesterone Decreased, Adrenal Insufficiency, Bipolar 2, and takes Progesterone, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Risperdal)
I have been using Risperdal and antidepressants for 14 years for bipolar disorder. Last month I was diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency and progesterone deficiency. My cholesterol suddenly became high, I was tired all the time and more symptoms relating to my eventual diagnosis of adrenal insuffic ...
- Chills associated with ibuprophen
(Posted by a 69 year old man who has Persistent Chills., and takes Desloratadine, Celexa, Codeine, Fiorinal W/codeine, Cialis, Proscar, Flomax, Wellbutrin)
I generally respond well to medication. I am a senior who has chronic pain from a c1-c2 fusion. Codeine works well, and I don't use a lot. Still, I sought alternatives to opiates for nerve pain. I lice in a colder climate. It took me quite a while to associate susceptibility to becoming chilled w ...
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Steroid Dependent Asthmatic, and takes Proair Hfa, Albuterol Sulfate, Norco, Omeprazole, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Prednisone)
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
- Tiredness on citalopram and cetirizine
(Posted by a 36 year old woman who has Anxiety Ghd, Fungal Infection - Scalp, and takes Citalopram Hydrobromide, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy)
Extreme tiredness......sleep more sleep and slight confusion when I wake...like a zombie mode switched on inside my head ...all I can do is yawn and sleep not good when your a busy mum
More reviews for: Celexa, High blood sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Xl, Celexa for a patient with Depression. The patient has Anger
Comments: was on 10 mg Celexa which was increased 1 week ago to 20 mg due to high levels of stress in workplace. 7 days into increased dose experienced high level of anger in workplace due to stressful conditions.
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Infection - Ear. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Heart Rate Increased, Breathing - Rapid And Deep, Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness), Lethargy (tiredness), Ear Infection (ear infection), Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat), Fever, Inability To Crawl, High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- A study of side effects of Citalopram Hydrobromide for a patient with Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension. The patient has Eyelid Function Disorder
Comments: When waking unable to spontaneously open my eye's, I try as normal but no response. Usually affects left eye but now both. I have to physically open my eyelid with my fingers, almost like my eyelids have forgotten how to respond.
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Levoxyl, Alprazolam, Celexa, Abilify for a patient with Chronic Pain, Adult Hypothyroidism, Stress And Anxiety, Depression, Major Depression With Psychotic Features. The patient has Obsessive Thoughts, Compulsive Hair Pulling, Weight Gain, Compulsive Shopping
Comments: I take 20 milligrams of Abilify with 20 mg. of celexa at night with Alprazolam throughout the day and at night to help me sleep. Since taking abilify over the past 10 years I have gained weight that I can't lose, I am always buying lottery tickets, and want to go to gamble obsessively. I also have c ...
- A study of side effects of Spironolactone W/ Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Hair Loss In Women. The patient has High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: I just had radical hysterectomy 8 weeks ago. I was under general anesthesia for 6 hours. I take spironolactone 100mg x2/day, HRT, Ambien, and Nicorette gum 2 mg. PCP wants me to discontinue Spiro, but this time is crucial for me to continue Spiro. Do I decrease Spiro to 100mg or spiro completely and ...
More related studies for: Celexa, High blood sugar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.