Celexa and Night sweats - from FDA reports
Night sweats is found among people who take Celexa, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Night sweats with Celexa. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 37,736 people who have side effects when taking Celexa from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
37,736 people reported to have side effects when taking Celexa.
Among them, 201 people (0.53%) have Night sweats
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Celexa when people have Night sweats *:
- < 1 month: 33.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 33.33 %
- 2 - 5 years: 33.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Night sweats when taking Celexa *:
- female: 71 %
- male: 29 %
Age of people who have Night sweats when taking Celexa *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.6 %
- 10-19: 0.6 %
- 20-29: 4.82 %
- 30-39: 19.88 %
- 40-49: 40.36 %
- 50-59: 22.89 %
- 60+: 10.84 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (39 people, 19.40%)
- High Blood Pressure (13 people, 6.47%)
- Hepatitis C (13 people, 6.47%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (13 people, 6.47%)
- Multiple Myeloma (10 people, 4.98%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Neurontin (53 people, 26.37%)
- Oxycontin (48 people, 23.88%)
- Vioxx (43 people, 21.39%)
- Zoloft (39 people, 19.40%)
- Xanax (37 people, 18.41%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (65 people, 32.34%)
- Fatigue (65 people, 32.34%)
- Pain (60 people, 29.85%)
- Insomnia (59 people, 29.35%)
- Drug Ineffective (59 people, 29.35%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Night sweats when taking Celexa?
- Check symptoms - is night sweats caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsNight sweats and drugs with ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeNight sweats and Celexa from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Celexa has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Celexa 43,497 users)
Night sweats (sweating in night) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure (latest reports from 19,383 Night sweats patients).
Browse all side effects of Celexaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Night sweatsNight sweats
Could your condition cause Night sweatsNight sweats
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I used lamotrigine for 5 years for epilepsy and experienced extensive night sweat which increasee with dosage. Quit approx 2 years ago and are still having regular episodes with night sweats, up to months before getting better for a short period of time. The smell is very distinctive and reminds ...
User reviews to the study
celexa may cause my weight gain and when i work out hard and eat right, not an appropriate amount of weight is shed, so when i stopped the celexa, the depression came back. what if i add topomax for weight loss? will the celexa hold on to the weight still or should i stop it again and count on ...
I have been taking this drug for about a month. I am only on 5mg per day. I just started having nausea all day long. I see that nausea is a common side effect- but wondering if it can start after a month of taking it. :)