Review: could Celexa cause Palpitations (Heart palpitations)?
Summary: Palpitations is found among people who take Celexa, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Neurontin, and have Depression.
We study 27,519 people who have side effects while taking Celexa from FDA and social media. Among them, 467 have Palpitations. Find out below who they are, when they have Palpitations and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Celexa and have Palpitations >>>
Celexa has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 30,759 Celexa users)
Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,228 Palpitations patients)
On Mar, 16, 2015: 27,511 people reported to have side effects when taking Celexa. Among them, 467 people (1.70%) have Palpitations.
Time on Celexa when people have Palpitations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Palpitations when taking Celexa * :
Severity of Palpitations when taking Celexa ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Palpitations ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (78 people, 16.70%)
- Anxiety (61 people, 13.06%)
- Hypertension (19 people, 4.07%)
- Pain (18 people, 3.85%)
- Bipolar disorder (18 people, 3.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (74 people, 15.85%)
- Xanax (70 people, 14.99%)
- Prozac (66 people, 14.13%)
- Zoloft (65 people, 13.92%)
- Aspirin (64 people, 13.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of celexa and palpitations on
Do you have Palpitations while taking Celexa?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Celexa and have Palpitations
- support group for people who take Celexa
- support group for people who have Palpitations
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Unisom for a 60-year old man with Initial Insomnia. The patient has Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine Hydrochloride And Codeine Phosphate, Pravachol, Protonix, Cozaar, Celexa, Coreg, Symbicort, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate for a 71-year old woman with Cough, Hypercholesterolemia, Gerd, Cardiac Disorder, Depression, Dyspnea. The patient has Pancytopenia
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen Sodium And Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride, Celexa for a 42-year old woman with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Anxiety. The patient has Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Anxiety And Stress
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Valium for a 57-year old man with Pain - Shoulder, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Heart Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Celexa, Clonazepam, Valproic Acid for a 33-year old man with Bipolar Disorder, Panic Disorder. The patient has Impaired Memory, Memory Impairment, Disturbance In Attention, Cognitive Deterioration
Recent Celexa related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Buspar, Celexa, Mirtazapine for a 45-year old woman who has OCD
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Celexa for a 41-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Metformin, Klonopin, Celexa, Clozapine for a 55-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Chantix, Buspar, Celexa for a 37-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Celexa, Cymbalta for a 88-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.