Celexa and Pneumonia - from FDA reports
Pneumonia is found among people who take Celexa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lasix, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Pneumonia with Celexa. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 37,736 people who have side effects when taking Celexa from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 21, 2017
37,736 people reported to have side effects when taking Celexa.
Among them, 1,234 people (3.27%) have Pneumonia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Celexa when people have Pneumonia *:
- < 1 month: 25.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 37.5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 12.5 %
- 1 - 2 years: 16.67 %
- 2 - 5 years: 8.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pneumonia when taking Celexa *:
- female: 61.82 %
- male: 38.18 %
Age of people who have Pneumonia when taking Celexa *:
- 0-1: 0.57 %
- 2-9: 0.1 %
- 10-19: 1.33 %
- 20-29: 3.23 %
- 30-39: 7.51 %
- 40-49: 21.39 %
- 50-59: 24.14 %
- 60+: 41.73 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (128 people, 10.37%)
- Multiple Myeloma (92 people, 7.46%)
- High Blood Pressure (76 people, 6.16%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (64 people, 5.19%)
- Osteoporosis (53 people, 4.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (297 people, 24.07%)
- Neurontin (248 people, 20.10%)
- Xanax (219 people, 17.75%)
- Zometa (207 people, 16.77%)
- Prilosec (200 people, 16.21%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (283 people, 22.93%)
- Breathing Difficulty (283 people, 22.93%)
- Fatigue (225 people, 18.23%)
- Weakness (215 people, 17.42%)
- Headache (214 people, 17.34%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Pneumonia when taking Celexa?
- Check symptoms - is pneumonia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsPneumonia and drugs with ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePneumonia and Celexa from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Celexa has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Celexa 43,497 users)
Pneumonia has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, pain (latest reports from 194,441 Pneumonia patients).
Browse all side effects of Celexaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with PneumoniaPneumonia
Could your condition cause PneumoniaPneumonia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I've had RA for 26 years. I was on Methotrexate for 24 of those years. I've tried Xeljanz for a month. Made me weak, nauseous, major headaches etc. Tried Enbrel, results not good. Humira, results were no effect or side effects, can't afford. However it seems Zyrtec seems to help my allergies and ...
User reviews to the study
celexa may cause my weight gain and when i work out hard and eat right, not an appropriate amount of weight is shed, so when i stopped the celexa, the depression came back. what if i add topomax for weight loss? will the celexa hold on to the weight still or should i stop it again and count on ...
Hi I've been on stelara for a year and 1 month. I just received my xray results and turns out I have pneumonia. I'm just wondering if anyone could tell me how much risk I have from dealing with pneumonia on stelara. I've been wheezing on and off for over month. But 2 days ago I was not just ...
I have been taking glaucoma medicines with side effects that include wheezing, shortness of breath drowsiness, lethargy, Blepharitis. I have all of them and am considered a "one percenter" because supposedly only 1 to 4 people out of 100 are affected. Around the beginning of April of this year ...