Celexa and Quit smoking - from FDA reports
Quit smoking is found among people who take Celexa, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Chantix, and have Bipolar disorder. This review analyzes which people have Quit smoking with Celexa. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 37,736 people who have side effects when taking Celexa from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 22, 2017
37,736 people reported to have side effects when taking Celexa.
Among them, 47 people (0.12%) have Quit smoking
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Celexa when people have Quit smoking *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Quit smoking when taking Celexa *:
- female: 67.39 %
- male: 32.61 %
Age of people who have Quit smoking when taking Celexa *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 5.41 %
- 20-29: 5.41 %
- 30-39: 16.22 %
- 40-49: 43.24 %
- 50-59: 8.11 %
- 60+: 21.62 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Bipolar Disorder (9 people, 19.15%)
- Hypersensitivity (6 people, 12.77%)
- Sleep Disorder (5 people, 10.64%)
- Pain (5 people, 10.64%)
- Thyroid Diseases (4 people, 8.51%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Chantix (26 people, 55.32%)
- Xanax (13 people, 27.66%)
- Protonix (10 people, 21.28%)
- Amoxicillin (10 people, 21.28%)
- Advair Diskus 100/50 (10 people, 21.28%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (19 people, 40.43%)
- Insomnia (11 people, 23.40%)
- High Blood Pressure (11 people, 23.40%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (11 people, 23.40%)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (11 people, 23.40%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Quit smoking when taking Celexa?
- Check symptoms - is quit smoking caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsQuit smoking and drugs with ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeQuit smoking and Celexa from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Celexa has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Celexa 43,499 users)
Quit smoking has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 70,057 Quit smoking patients).
Browse all side effects of Celexaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Quit smokingQuit smoking
Could your condition cause Quit smokingQuit smoking
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I've been taking both these medications for a while now, but I recently moved and forgot my medication schedule. I was certain that I took my Topamax in morning and Celexa at night, but have been taking both at morning since the move. I dont have insurance as of now to talk to a doctor ...
User reviews to the study
celexa may cause my weight gain and when i work out hard and eat right, not an appropriate amount of weight is shed, so when i stopped the celexa, the depression came back. what if i add topomax for weight loss? will the celexa hold on to the weight still or should i stop it again and count on ...
I just came from emerge, I have tinnitus a humming noise. I quit smoking five days ago and this started. I am using nicotine lozenges. Please someone tell me this wont last or what I can do. :( I want to start smoking but the doc said it wont help.