Review: could Celexa cause Sexual dysfunction (Erection problems)?
Summary: Sexual dysfunction is found among people who take Celexa, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Oxycontin, and have Pain.
We study 27,519 people who have side effects while taking Celexa from FDA and social media. Among them, 223 have Sexual dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Sexual dysfunction and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Celexa and have Sexual dysfunction >>>
Celexa has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 30,759 Celexa users)
Sexual dysfunction (difficulty experienced by an individual or a couple during any stage of a normal sexual activity) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain, hair loss. (latest reports from 32,156 Sexual dysfunction patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 27,519 people reported to have side effects when taking Celexa. Among them, 262 people (0.95%) have Sexual Dysfunction.
Time on Celexa when people have Sexual dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sexual dysfunction||7.14%||14.29%||21.43%||17.86%||25.00%||10.71%||3.57% |
Age of people who have Sexual dysfunction when taking Celexa * :
|Sexual dysfunction||0.00%||0.41%||0.82%||5.33%||19.67%||38.93%||27.87%||6.97% |
Severity of Sexual dysfunction when taking Celexa ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sexual dysfunction||0.00%||50.00%||37.50%||12.50% |
How people recovered from Sexual dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sexual dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (61 people, 23.28%)
- Depression (39 people, 14.89%)
- Anxiety (22 people, 8.40%)
- Sleep disorder (19 people, 7.25%)
- Multiple myeloma (15 people, 5.73%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (76 people, 29.01%)
- Aspirin (58 people, 22.14%)
- Viagra (55 people, 20.99%)
- Lipitor (54 people, 20.61%)
- Paxil (51 people, 19.47%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Celexa and sexual dysfunction on
Do you have Sexual Dysfunction while taking Celexa?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Celexa and have Sexual Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Celexa
- support group for people who have Sexual dysfunction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Celexa, Clonazepam, Valproic Acid for a 33-year old man with Bipolar Disorder, Panic Disorder. The patient has Impaired Memory, Memory Impairment, Disturbance In Attention, Cognitive Deterioration
- A study of drug interactions between Penicillin, Clonazepam, Alesse, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 26-year old woman with Pericoronitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Birth Control, Major Depression. The patient has Swollen Lymph Nodes, Fever, Swallowing Difficulty, Pericoronitis, Swelling Face
- A study of side effects of Januvia for a 60-year old man with Diabetic Foot. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of side effects of Celexa for a 53-year old woman with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood. The patient has Repeated Nightmares (repeated bad dreams)
- A study of drug interactions between Benicar Hct, Celexa, Lamictal for a 63-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Depression, Bipolar. The patient has Kidney Injury
Recent Celexa related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Metformin, Klonopin, Celexa, Clozapine for a 55-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Chantix, Buspar, Celexa for a 37-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Celexa, Cymbalta for a 88-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Norco, Celexa for a 95-year old man who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Celexa, Phentermine, Testosterone Cypionate for a 36-year old man who has Blood Testosterone Decreased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.