Celexa and Sleepiness - during the day - from FDA reports
Sleepiness - during the day is found among people who take Celexa, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Xanax, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Sleepiness - during the day with Celexa. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 37,736 people who have side effects when taking Celexa from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
37,736 people reported to have side effects when taking Celexa.
Among them, 1,126 people (2.98%) have Sleepiness - during the day
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Celexa when people have Sleepiness - during the day *:
- < 1 month: 44 %
- 1 - 6 months: 16 %
- 6 - 12 months: 14 %
- 1 - 2 years: 14 %
- 2 - 5 years: 4 %
- 5 - 10 years: 2 %
- 10+ years: 6 %
Gender of people who have Sleepiness - during the day when taking Celexa *:
- female: 73.67 %
- male: 26.33 %
Age of people who have Sleepiness - during the day when taking Celexa *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.57 %
- 10-19: 4.6 %
- 20-29: 5.06 %
- 30-39: 14.25 %
- 40-49: 20.57 %
- 50-59: 25.63 %
- 60+: 29.31 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (114 people, 10.12%)
- Bipolar Disorder (84 people, 7.46%)
- High Blood Pressure (68 people, 6.04%)
- Narcolepsy (56 people, 4.97%)
- Quit Smoking (52 people, 4.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xanax (154 people, 13.68%)
- Neurontin (129 people, 11.46%)
- Klonopin (121 people, 10.75%)
- Oxycontin (117 people, 10.39%)
- Ambien (110 people, 9.77%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (366 people, 32.50%)
- Nausea (216 people, 19.18%)
- Headache (211 people, 18.74%)
- Dizziness (194 people, 17.23%)
- Weakness (185 people, 16.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Sleepiness - during the day when taking Celexa?
- Check symptoms - is sleepiness - during the day caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsSleepiness - during the day and drugs with ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSleepiness - during the day and Celexa from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Celexa has active ingredients of citalopram hydrobromide. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Celexa 43,499 users)
Sleepiness - during the day
Sleepiness - during the day (excess sleeping during day time) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 127,133 Sleepiness - during the day patients).
Browse all side effects of Celexaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Sleepiness - during the daySleepiness - during the day
Could your condition cause Sleepiness - during the daySleepiness - during the day
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I've been taking both these medications for a while now, but I recently moved and forgot my medication schedule. I was certain that I took my Topamax in morning and Celexa at night, but have been taking both at morning since the move. I dont have insurance as of now to talk to a doctor ...
Hey everyone, I am new to the group. My husband is suffering a bad bout of diverticulitis and all he is doing is sleeping-even in the middle of the day. Is this normal? He hasn't gone to the doctor yet and is hoping he can beat it in his own. I finally called the doctor but in the meanwhile, I'm ...
User reviews to the study
celexa may cause my weight gain and when i work out hard and eat right, not an appropriate amount of weight is shed, so when i stopped the celexa, the depression came back. what if i add topomax for weight loss? will the celexa hold on to the weight still or should i stop it again and count on ...