Home > Cellcept > Electrolyte imbalance > Cellcept and Electrolyte imbalance
Review: could Cellcept cause Electrolyte imbalance?
Summary: Electrolyte imbalance is found among people who take Cellcept, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Tacrolimus, and have Renal transplant.
We study 15,520 people who have side effects while taking Cellcept from FDA and social media. Among them, 35 have Electrolyte imbalance. Find out below who they are, when they have Electrolyte imbalance and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cellcept and have Electrolyte imbalance >>>
Cellcept (latest outcomes from 15,791 users) has active ingredients of mycophenolate mofetil. It is often used in kidney transplant.
Electrolyte imbalance (latest reports from 31,924 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, multiple myeloma, pain, depression.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 15,517 people reported to have side effects when taking Cellcept. Among them, 35 people (0.23%) have Electrolyte Imbalance.
Time on Cellcept when people have Electrolyte imbalance * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Electrolyte imbalance||60.00%||26.67%||6.67%||0.00%||0.00%||6.67%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Electrolyte imbalance when taking Cellcept * :
|Electrolyte imbalance||37.14%||62.86% |
Age of people who have Electrolyte imbalance when taking Cellcept * :
|Electrolyte imbalance||0.00%||0.00%||3.03%||21.21%||0.00%||24.24%||9.09%||42.42% |
Severity of Electrolyte imbalance when taking Cellcept ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Electrolyte imbalance||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Electrolyte imbalance ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Renal transplant (14 people, 40.00%)
- Hypertension (9 people, 25.71%)
- Immunosuppression (8 people, 22.86%)
- Vitamin supplementation (6 people, 17.14%)
- Hypokalaemia (6 people, 17.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tacrolimus (14 people, 40.00%)
- Prednisone (13 people, 37.14%)
- Valcyte (12 people, 34.29%)
- Bactrim (12 people, 34.29%)
- Fish oil (9 people, 25.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Electrolyte Imbalance while taking Cellcept?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cellcept and have Electrolyte Imbalance
- support group for people who take Cellcept
- support group for people who have Electrolyte Imbalance
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Interactions between quineprox (hydroxychloroquine) &zyvox (linezolid)
(Asked by a 38 year old woman who has Headache, Fever, Swollen Fingers, Joint Pain, Muscle Tightness And Pain, and takes Zyvox, Cellcept)
I had foot soft tissue infection and hospitalized for two days and given IV for Cipro. Then I was released from the hospital and given Zyvox 600MG twice a day for ten days. Meanwhile, I am taking 2000 MG cellcept and 400MG Hydroxychloriquine for more than 10 years to control my lupus. Around the si ...
- Is it okay for a liver transplant patient to use the plexus products?
(Asked by a 31 year old woman who has Liver Transplant, and takes Prograf, Cellcept, Prednisone)
Post liver transplant, on Cellcept, Prograf, Prednisone (+more some hormone meds) Really needing help losing weight and wanting to try Plexus. I have heard of other transplant patients using it but none have been liver transplants.
- Can chondromalacia[runners knee] be caused by any drugs used for myasthenia gravis?
(Asked by a 52 year old woman who has Knees Hurt Going Up-down Steps, and takes Cellcept)
Wondering if any drugs for Myasthenia Gravis can cause the beginning of arthritis?
- How long before i might see improvement on cellcept for dermatomyositis?and, what are the long term effects of low dose prednisone?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Dermatomyositis, and takes Alendronate Sodium, Prednisone, Omeprazole, Metoprolol Succinate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Cellcept)
Tried methotrexate injections for 15 weeks--not effective off that now. Had 2 infusions of IVIG--had to stop b/c of aseptic meningitis. Just starting cellcept. Also tried Cymbalta for muscle pain--not effective and off that now.
Prednisone is effective (on 7.5 mg), but I know that it's not a long ...
- Causes of polyuria post renal transplantation (living donor)
(Asked by a 28 year old man who has Persistent Post Renal Transplant Polyuria (8l/day), and takes Cellcept, Medrol, Prograf)
Persistent polyuria 3 weeks after renal transplantation from living don or. O
Pre-transplant urine output of 2,5l/day, no dialysis performed prior to operation.
Receiver: male, age 28, 190cm/85kg
Donor: female, age 31, 175cm/65kg
More questions for: Cellcept, Electrolyte imbalance
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Low platelet blood count
(Posted by a 15 year old boy who has Transplant - Kidney, Low Platelet Blood Count, and takes Prograf, Mycophenolate Mofetil, Prednisone)
Kidney transplant had been performed 10 years ago.Mycophenolate mofetil was introduced 5 years ago to replace azathioprine.It has caused various undesirable side effects like severe diarrhea,nausea,nose and gum bleeding and low platelet count.Most of them were reduced as soon as the dose decreased e ...
More reviews for: Cellcept, Electrolyte imbalance
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Omeprazole, Mycophenolate Mofetil, Cellcept, Prednisone for a patient with Blood Thinner, Stomach Pain, Liver Transplant Rejection. The patient has Swollen Skin Puffiness Around Eyes
Comments: I did not have the swelling until 3 months after liver transplant
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Wellbutrin Xl, Lexapro for a patient with Pain, Eating Disorder - Bulimia, Depression. The patient has Elevated Mood, Sapho Syndrome, Electrolyte Imbalance, Stomach Pain, Indigestion, Burning Feeling When Swallowing, Throat Tightness, Chest Wall Pain, Insomnia, Vision Problems, Blood Insulin, Pain - Joints, Muscle Aches, White Blood Cell Count Decreased, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Proteinuria Present, Urine Albumin/creatinine Ratio Increased, Low Back Pain, Breath Odor, Dizziness, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Muscle Oedema, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Edema
Comments: symptoms started slowly about a year ago and have progressively gotten worse everyday. doctor has stated this could be the problem and suggests I ween off Lexapro. my electrolytes are consistently off and constant anemia despite taking iron 3 times a day. my hormone for ADH is very elevated. suggest ...
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Electrolyte Imbalance
Comments: I have been taking this drug for many years with excellent results. Per my company's insurance changes, I most recently switched to ordering refills on-line. Since that change, I have noticed what would appear to be significant side effects that are similar to an electrolyte imbalance. Could the ...
- A study of drug interactions between Cellcept, Prograf for a patient with Transplant - Kidney. The patient has Fatigue, Chest Ct, Rapid Heart Beat
Comments: Just wondering if after so many years my heart is effected by this medication.
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Cellcept for a patient with Autoimmune Hepatitis. The patient has Pain - Leg
Comments: I have developed sever leg pain on my left leg over the pass three weeks. the pain is there all the time. I am wondering if I can have a possible blood clot due to medication.
More related studies for: Cellcept, Electrolyte imbalance
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Nortriptyline and Xanax
- Mucinex Dm and Bystolic
- Heart Palpitations and Excedrin
- Multiple Sclerosis and Aspergillosis
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (12 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: My hair falls out too, but it was falling out before I was ... (17 hours ago)
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (1 day ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (1 day ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Indomethacin for a 30-year old woman who has Pleurisy (50 minutes ago)
- Norvasc, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, Celexa, Clozapine, Lotrimin, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Lovenox, Albuterol, Lorazepam, Meropenem, Nystatin, Zofran, Oxytocin, Quetiapine Fumarate, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a 68-year old man who has Hypertension, Unknown, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Bedridden, Lung Disorder, Oral Thrush, Pain, Psychosis, Pneumonia Streptococcal (2 hours ago)
- Gabapentin for a 69-year old man who has Pain - Back (2 hours ago)