Home > Cellcept > Vitamin b12 deficiency > Cellcept and Vitamin b12 deficiency
Review: could Cellcept cause Vitamin b12 deficiency?
Summary: Vitamin b12 deficiency is found among people who take Cellcept, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, also take medication Prednisone, and have Renal failure chronic.
We study 15,520 people who have side effects while taking Cellcept from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Vitamin b12 deficiency. Find out below who they are, when they have Vitamin b12 deficiency and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cellcept and have Vitamin b12 deficiency >>>
Cellcept (latest outcomes from 15,792 users) has active ingredients of mycophenolate mofetil. It is often used in systemic lupus erythematosus.
Vitamin b12 deficiency
Vitamin b12 deficiency (latest reports from 2,357 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 15,520 people reported to have side effects when taking Cellcept. Among them, 6 people (0.04%) have Vitamin B12 Deficiency.
Time on Cellcept when people have Vitamin b12 deficiency * :
Gender of people who have Vitamin b12 deficiency when taking Cellcept * :
|Vitamin b12 deficiency||16.67%||83.33% |
Age of people who have Vitamin b12 deficiency when taking Cellcept * :
|Vitamin b12 deficiency||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||16.67%||50.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Vitamin b12 deficiency when taking Cellcept ** :
How people recovered from Vitamin b12 deficiency ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Renal failure chronic (3 people, 50.00%)
- Myasthenia gravis (3 people, 50.00%)
- Osteoporosis (2 people, 33.33%)
- Anaemia (2 people, 33.33%)
- Arthritis (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (4 people, 66.67%)
- Aspirin (3 people, 50.00%)
- Hydralazine hcl (3 people, 50.00%)
- Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim (3 people, 50.00%)
- Lisinopril (3 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vitamin B12 Deficiency while taking Cellcept?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cellcept and have Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- support group for people who take Cellcept
- support group for people who have Vitamin B12 Deficiency
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Any experience or studies of vyvance (lisdexamfetamine) causing vit b12 absorbsion issues and ultimately deficiency?
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Vitamin B12 Deficiency, ADHD, Pernatious Anemia, and takes Sertraline, Vyvanse)
Taking Vyvance for about 12 months and just been diagnosed with Pernicious Anaemia and Vit B12 deficiency. Symptoms triggering B12/Intrisic factor tests was extreme fatigue and foul mood during a menstrual cycle.
Looking to see if anyone else has a similar issue or any knowledge of Vyvance causing ...
- Interactions between quineprox (hydroxychloroquine) &zyvox (linezolid)
(Asked by a 38 year old woman who has Headache, Fever, Swollen Fingers, Joint Pain, Muscle Tightness And Pain, and takes Zyvox, Cellcept)
I had foot soft tissue infection and hospitalized for two days and given IV for Cipro. Then I was released from the hospital and given Zyvox 600MG twice a day for ten days. Meanwhile, I am taking 2000 MG cellcept and 400MG Hydroxychloriquine for more than 10 years to control my lupus. Around the si ...
- Does reglan cause vitamin 12 deficiency
(Asked by a 69 year old woman who has Vitamin B12 Deficiency, and takes Reglan, Vitamin D)
Have been diagnosed with extreme vitamin B 12 deficiency. What could be the cause? Could medications like Reglan and vitamin d contribute???
- Is it okay for a liver transplant patient to use the plexus products?
(Asked by a 31 year old woman who has Liver Transplant, and takes Prograf, Cellcept, Prednisone)
Post liver transplant, on Cellcept, Prograf, Prednisone (+more some hormone meds) Really needing help losing weight and wanting to try Plexus. I have heard of other transplant patients using it but none have been liver transplants.
- Does fosamax cuase weight gain?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar 2, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Vitiligo, and takes Prozac, Synthroid, Depakote, Claritin, Fosamax)
HAVE BROKE MY KNEE< WRIST AND HIP in the past 12 years
I tend to be quite active
Had 2 twisted bowel surgery, hence I am deficient in absorption of Vit B12 and get monthly shots
More questions for: Cellcept, Vitamin b12 deficiency
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Low platelet blood count
(Posted by a 15 year old boy who has Transplant - Kidney, Low Platelet Blood Count, and takes Prograf, Mycophenolate Mofetil, Prednisone)
Kidney transplant had been performed 10 years ago.Mycophenolate mofetil was introduced 5 years ago to replace azathioprine.It has caused various undesirable side effects like severe diarrhea,nausea,nose and gum bleeding and low platelet count.Most of them were reduced as soon as the dose decreased e ...
- Nexium and feeling cold
(Posted by a 57 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, High Blood Pressure, Overactive Bladder, and takes Nexium, Levothyroxine Sodium, Vesicare, Vitamin B12, Tramadol)
I took Nexium (1 40mg capsule) and approximately 45 minutes later, I felt extremely cold. I could not get warm, even though I put on a polartec jacket and sat near a heater.
I also was extremely nauseated at the same time.
About 30 minutes after the incident began, it ended. I no longer was ...
- Dilantin and interactions
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Arrhythmia, Epilepsy, Hypothyroid, and takes Vitamin D, Magnesium, Coreg, Dilantin, Synthroid)
I've taken Dilantin for over 40 years..seizure free for over 30 years..became hypothyroid 10 years ago..B12 deficient approximately 3 years ago and have had a benign arrhythmia for over 30 years. I take magnesium because it seems to hep the arrhythmia and vitamin d because mine is low normal.
More reviews for: Cellcept, Vitamin b12 deficiency
- A study of drug interactions between Prograf, Cellcept, Prednisone for a patient with Kidney Transplant, Kidney Transplant. The patient has
Comments: 14 YEARS AFTER KIDNEY TRANSPLANT. I CAN'T WALK SOME DAYS THE PAIN IS SO BAD. I HAVE SEVERE NEUROPATHY IN FEET & FEEL VERY TIRED & WEAK 3 & SOME DAYS 4 DAYS A WEEK. ALSO VERY NAUSEOUS AFTER EATING & VOMIT SOON AFTER I EAT. MY TEETH ARE SO BAD. THEY CHIP OR JUST FALL OUT & MY VISION IS VERY BAD THA ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ranitidine, Baby Aspirin, Plaquenil, Lisinopril, Cellcept for a patient with Pre-medication, Lupus, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Nausea, Dysphagia
Comments: Was diagnosed with SLE and Lupus Nephritis Dec 2012, I was on prednisone for 9 months, completely off a month ago. Cellcept since Dec 2012, lisinopril and plaquenil since around feb 2013.
Started getting difficulty swallowing and nausea that comes and goes (not necessarily at the same time) abou ...
- A study of drug interactions between Clopidogrel, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Mycophenolate Mofetil, Pantoprazole, Ramipril, Nicotine, Atorvastatin Calcium, Lantus for a patient with Stroke, Hypertension, Depression, Transplant, Gastric Disorder, Addiction, High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting, Lightheadedness - Dizzy
Comments: Pt has been experiencing episodes of light headedness with associated nausea +/- vomiting. This has sometimes involved unresponsive episodes which self resolved. No drop in BP was noted. These episodes usually occur in the morning. Pt states this has also occurred post a cigarette which led to a ...
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium Citrate, Magnesium, Folic Acid, Lipitor, Lunesta, Lyrica, Amlodipine, Losartan, Mycophenolate Mofetil Hydrochloride, Prednisone, Protonix for a patient with Lupus Nephritis, High Cholesterol, Insomnia, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Lupus, Ge Reflux. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: Sick for over six weeks now with severe diarrhea and nausea on eating. Ordinary stool cultures negative. Special stool cultures (cryptosporidia, cyclospora, isosspora) all negative. Colonoscopy/endoscopy negative, including for microscopic colitis. Have not found any food tolerable. The more eaten, ...
- A study of drug interactions between Cellcept, Plaquenil for a patient with Lupus Nephritis. The patient has Plan B One-step
Comments: I am diagnosed with lupus and currently take cellcept and plaquenil. I am not on both control because of risk of blood clots. I feel I am in need to take plan b because of risk of pregnancy due to a broken condom. Can I take plan b?
More related studies for: Cellcept, Vitamin b12 deficiency
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.