Review: could Cellcept cause Vitamin b12 deficiency?
Summary: Vitamin b12 deficiency is found among people who take Cellcept, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, also take medication Prednisone, and have Renal failure chronic.
We study 15,529 people who have side effects while taking Cellcept from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Vitamin b12 deficiency. Find out below who they are, when they have Vitamin b12 deficiency and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cellcept and have Vitamin b12 deficiency >>>
Cellcept has active ingredients of mycophenolate mofetil. It is often used in kidney transplant. (latest outcomes from 15,802 Cellcept users)
Vitamin b12 deficiency
Vitamin b12 deficiency has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 2,484 Vitamin b12 deficiency patients)
On Mar, 11, 2015: 15,529 people reported to have side effects when taking Cellcept. Among them, 6 people (0.04%) have Vitamin B12 Deficiency.
Time on Cellcept when people have Vitamin b12 deficiency * :
Gender of people who have Vitamin b12 deficiency when taking Cellcept * :
|Vitamin b12 deficiency||16.67%||83.33% |
Age of people who have Vitamin b12 deficiency when taking Cellcept * :
|Vitamin b12 deficiency||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||16.67%||50.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Vitamin b12 deficiency when taking Cellcept ** :
How people recovered from Vitamin b12 deficiency ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Renal failure chronic (3 people, 50.00%)
- Myasthenia gravis (3 people, 50.00%)
- Osteoporosis (2 people, 33.33%)
- Anaemia (2 people, 33.33%)
- Arthritis (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (4 people, 66.67%)
- Aspirin (3 people, 50.00%)
- Hydralazine hcl (3 people, 50.00%)
- Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim (3 people, 50.00%)
- Lisinopril (3 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vitamin B12 Deficiency while taking Cellcept?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Cellcept and have Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- support group for people who take Cellcept
- support group for people who have Vitamin B12 Deficiency
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Cellcept for a 21-year old woman with Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura. The patient has Chills (felling of cold), Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating), Fever, Sleepiness (excess sleeping), Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness), Diarrhoea, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Methylprednisolone, Cellcept, Propranolol Hydrochloride for a 70-year old woman with Hypothyroidism, Vasculitis, Heart Arrythmia. The patient has Adrenaline Surges With High Bp, Heart Arrythmias - Increase
- A study of side effects of Cellcept for a 35-year old woman with Macular Oedema. The patient has Back Stiffness, Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Bacillus Probiotics, Centrum Silver, Krill Oil, Zortress, Alprazolam, Crestor, Zolpidem, Gabapentin, Prednisone, Mycophenolate Mofetil, Carac, Levoxyl for a 52-year old woman with Gastric Ph Decreased, Enzyme Supplementation, Joint Stiffness, Kidney Transplant Rejection, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Diabetes Insipidus, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Restless Leg Syndrome, Squamous Cell Skin Cancer, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Vascular Calcification
- A study of drug interactions between Prilosec, Multivitamin, Aspirin, Plaquenil, Zoloft, Synthroid, Cellcept, Celebrex for a 47-year old woman with Heartburn, Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Blood Clots, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, Anxiety, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Wheezing
Recent Cellcept related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Advair Diskus 100/50, Cellcept for a 68-year old man who has Pemphigus Vulgaris
- Comparions of Enbrel, Remicade, Cellcept, Methotrexate for a 15-year old girl who has Takayasu's Arteritis
- Comparions of Cellcept, Prograf, Rapamune for a 50-year old woman who has Dermatitis - Atopic
- Comparions of Tagamet, Prednisone, Cellcept, Prograf for a 62-year old man who has Kidney Transplant Rejection
- Comparions of Imuran, Cellcept for a 79-year old woman who has Myasthenia Gravis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.