Review: could Cellcept cause Vitamin b12 deficiency?
Summary: Vitamin b12 deficiency is found among people who take Cellcept, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, also take medication Prednisone, and have Renal failure chronic.
We study 15,532 people who have side effects while taking Cellcept from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Vitamin b12 deficiency. Find out below who they are, when they have Vitamin b12 deficiency and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cellcept and have Vitamin b12 deficiency >>>
Cellcept has active ingredients of mycophenolate mofetil. It is often used in systemic lupus erythematosus. (latest outcomes from 15,806 Cellcept users)
Vitamin b12 deficiency
Vitamin b12 deficiency has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 2,484 Vitamin b12 deficiency patients)
On Apr, 15, 2015: 15,532 people reported to have side effects when taking Cellcept. Among them, 6 people (0.04%) have Vitamin B12 Deficiency.
Time on Cellcept when people have Vitamin b12 deficiency * :
Gender of people who have Vitamin b12 deficiency when taking Cellcept * :
|Vitamin b12 deficiency||16.67%||83.33% |
Age of people who have Vitamin b12 deficiency when taking Cellcept * :
|Vitamin b12 deficiency||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||16.67%||50.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Vitamin b12 deficiency when taking Cellcept ** :
How people recovered from Vitamin b12 deficiency ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Renal failure chronic (3 people, 50.00%)
- Myasthenia gravis (3 people, 50.00%)
- Osteoporosis (2 people, 33.33%)
- Anaemia (2 people, 33.33%)
- Arthritis (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (4 people, 66.67%)
- Aspirin (3 people, 50.00%)
- Hydralazine hcl (3 people, 50.00%)
- Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim (3 people, 50.00%)
- Lisinopril (3 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vitamin B12 Deficiency while taking Cellcept?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Cellcept and have Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- support group for people who take Cellcept
- support group for people who have Vitamin B12 Deficiency
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3 Oil, Magnesium, Evening Primrose Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Sumatriptan, Zorvolex, Folic Acid, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Psyllium, Hydroxocobalamin for a 61-year old man with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Immune System Disorder, Complicated Migraine, Pain, Don't Know, Hay Fever, Constipation. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Migraine, Fibromyalgia, Hay Fever, Constipation, Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Crestor, Cellcept for a 41-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Hyperlipidaemia, Lupus Erythematosus. The patient has Bilirubin
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Cellcept, Prograf for a 39-year old man with Kidney Transplant Rejection. The patient has Tingling And Numbness In My Foot Every Time I Stand Up Across My Right Foot Just Started Is Getting Worse My Toes Feel Like Needles
- A study of side effects of Cellcept for a 65-year old man with Ail. The patient has Elevated Mood
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Rapamune, Cellcept for a 71-year old man with Transplant - Kidney. The patient has Tinea Of The Foot
Recent Cellcept related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Prograf, Cellcept, L-theanine for a 45-year old man who has Kidnet Tranplant Patient
- Comparions of Advair Diskus 100/50, Cellcept for a 68-year old man who has Pemphigus Vulgaris
- Comparions of Enbrel, Remicade, Cellcept, Methotrexate for a 15-year old girl who has Takayasu's Arteritis
- Comparions of Cellcept, Prograf, Rapamune for a 50-year old woman who has Dermatitis - Atopic
- Comparions of Tagamet, Prednisone, Cellcept, Prograf for a 62-year old man who has Kidney Transplant Rejection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.