Review: could Centrum cause High blood pressure?
Summary: High blood pressure is found among people who take Centrum, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Centrum silver, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 8,801 people who have side effects while taking Centrum from FDA and social media. Among them, 553 have High blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Centrum and have High blood pressure >>>
Centrum has active ingredients of ascorbic acid; biotin; cyanocobalamin; dexpanthenol; ergocalciferol; folic acid; niacinamide; pyridoxine hydrochloride; riboflavin phosphate sodium; thiamine hydrochloride; vitamin a; vitamin e. It is often used in general physical condition abnormal. (latest outcomes from 9,081 Centrum users)
High blood pressure
High blood pressure has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 329,841 High blood pressure patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 8,799 people reported to have side effects when taking Centrum. Among them, 553 people (6.28%) have High Blood Pressure.
Time on Centrum when people have High blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood pressure||11.76%||17.65%||0.00%||0.00%||29.41%||17.65%||23.53% |
Gender of people who have High blood pressure when taking Centrum * :
|High blood pressure||74.69%||25.31% |
Age of people who have High blood pressure when taking Centrum * :
|High blood pressure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.04%||5.92%||23.67%||68.37% |
Severity of High blood pressure when taking Centrum ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood pressure||0.00%||63.64%||36.36%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood pressure||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (100 people, 18.08%)
- Osteopenia (75 people, 13.56%)
- Hypertension (68 people, 12.30%)
- Neoplasm malignant (30 people, 5.42%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (29 people, 5.24%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Centrum silver (276 people, 49.91%)
- Aspirin (207 people, 37.43%)
- Fosamax (127 people, 22.97%)
- Zometa (115 people, 20.80%)
- Lasix (102 people, 18.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of centrum and high blood pressure on
Do you have High Blood Pressure while taking Centrum?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Centrum and have High Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Centrum
- support group for people who have High Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Mydriacyl for a 38-year old woman with Eye Exam - Standard. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Qsymia, Fetzima for a 46-year old man with Weight Loss, Depression. The patient has Tremor, Confusion, Dialated Pupils, Diaphoresis, Palpation, Insomnia, Hypertension
- A study of drug interactions between Azithromycin, Methylprednisolone for a 52-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Upper Respiratory Tract Inflammation. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Back Pain - Low, Diarrhea Associated With Medications, Insomnia, Headache - Migraine Without Aura
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Doxylamine Succinate, Zoloft for a 49-year old woman with Nerve Pain, Insomnia, Depression. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Exforge Hct for a 49-year old man with GERD, Hbp. The patient has Gerd, Hbp
Recent Centrum related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Centrum Silver, Vitamin E, Xanax, Cogentin, Lithium Carbonate for a 55-year old woman who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Flaxseed Oil, Fish Oil, Aspirin, Vitamin C, Centrum Silver for a 56-year old man who has Enzyme Supplementation
- Comparions of Centrum Silver, Flaxseed Oil for a 69-year old man who has Surgery
- Comparions of Centrum, Calcium Lactate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 38-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Vitamins, Klonopin, Prozac for a 46-year old man who has Mood Swings
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.