Review: could Centrum cause Increased appetite (Appetite - increased)?
Summary: Increased appetite is found among people who take Centrum, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Centrum silver, and have Type 2 diabetes.
We study 8,801 people who have side effects while taking Centrum from FDA and social media. Among them, 28 have Increased appetite. Find out below who they are, when they have Increased appetite and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Centrum and have Increased appetite >>>
Centrum has active ingredients of ascorbic acid; biotin; cyanocobalamin; dexpanthenol; ergocalciferol; folic acid; niacinamide; pyridoxine hydrochloride; riboflavin phosphate sodium; thiamine hydrochloride; vitamin a; vitamin e. It is often used in general physical condition abnormal. (latest outcomes from 9,081 Centrum users)
Increased appetite (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, quit smoking, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 9,324 Increased appetite patients)
On Feb, 25, 2015: 8,799 people reported to have side effects when taking Centrum. Among them, 28 people (0.32%) have Increased Appetite.
Time on Centrum when people have Increased appetite * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Increased appetite||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Increased appetite when taking Centrum * :
|Increased appetite||83.33%||16.67% |
Age of people who have Increased appetite when taking Centrum * :
|Increased appetite||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.69%||0.00%||11.54%||19.23%||61.54% |
Severity of Increased appetite when taking Centrum ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Increased appetite||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Increased appetite ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Increased appetite||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (5 people, 17.86%)
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 14.29%)
- Osteopenia (4 people, 14.29%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (4 people, 14.29%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Centrum silver (16 people, 57.14%)
- Tricor (8 people, 28.57%)
- Aspirin (7 people, 25.00%)
- Prilosec (6 people, 21.43%)
- Albuterol (5 people, 17.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of centrum and increased appetite on
Do you have Increased Appetite while taking Centrum?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Centrum and have Increased Appetite
- support group for people who take Centrum
- support group for people who have Increased Appetite
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Iron Dextran, B-12, Calcium Citrate, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Invega, Lamictal for a 46-year old woman with Protein Malnutrition, Cystic Acne, Overactive Bladder, Bipolar 2. The patient has Musculoskeletal Pain, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Musculoskeletal Stiffness
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Losartan, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman with Pain In Limb, High Blood Pressure, Depression. The patient has Obesity, Hunger, Sweating, Thirst - Excessive
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Nuvaring, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Lamictal for a 24-year old woman with Vitamin D, Birth Control, Functional Dyspepsia, Mood Disorder. The patient has Ear Pain, Pressure Sore, Early Morning Joint Stiffness, Muscle Pain, Headache, Lightheadedness, Fatigue, Pressure Sore, Spaced Out
- A study of drug interactions between Tikosyn, Pantoprazole, Lisinopril, Baby Aspirin, Centrum Silver, Potassium Chloride, Clonazepam, Eliquis, Lasix for a 46-year old woman with Afif, Cardiac Ablation, Hypertension, Stroke Secondary To Atrial Fibrillation, Vitamin C And Colds, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Stress And Anxiety, Jet Lag. The patient has Svt, Nsvt, Dizziness, Chest Discomfort
- A study of side effects of Meloxicam for a 47-year old man with Arthritis. The patient has Hunger (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires)
Recent Centrum related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Centrum Silver, Vitamin E, Xanax, Cogentin, Lithium Carbonate for a 55-year old woman who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Flaxseed Oil, Fish Oil, Aspirin, Vitamin C, Centrum Silver for a 56-year old man who has Enzyme Supplementation
- Comparions of Centrum Silver, Flaxseed Oil for a 69-year old man who has Surgery
- Comparions of Centrum, Calcium Lactate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 38-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Vitamins, Klonopin, Prozac for a 46-year old man who has Mood Swings
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.