Review: could Cephalexin cause Copd (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)?
Summary: Copd is found among people who take Cephalexin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Levaquin, and have Pain.
We study 7,324 people who have side effects while taking Cephalexin from FDA and social media. Among them, 160 have Copd. Find out below who they are, when they have Copd and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Copd >>>
Cephalexin has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from 8,063 Cephalexin users)
Copd (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain. (latest reports from 49,408 Copd patients)
On Jan, 4, 2015: 7,322 people reported to have side effects when taking Cephalexin. Among them, 160 people (2.19%) have Copd.
Time on Cephalexin when people have Copd * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Copd when taking Cephalexin * :
Age of people who have Copd when taking Cephalexin * :
Severity of Copd when taking Cephalexin ** :
How people recovered from Copd ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (22 people, 13.75%)
- Metastases to bone (19 people, 11.88%)
- Hypercalcaemia (16 people, 10.00%)
- Breast cancer (15 people, 9.38%)
- Atrial fibrillation (14 people, 8.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levaquin (72 people, 45.00%)
- Celebrex (70 people, 43.75%)
- Furosemide (67 people, 41.88%)
- Aspirin (67 people, 41.88%)
- Protonix (66 people, 41.25%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Copd while taking Cephalexin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Copd
- support group for people who take Cephalexin
- support group for people who have Copd
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Cephalexin, Copd
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- A life of depression and fatigue
1) Family history of depression, 2) Diagnosed depression 1964-not treated until 1973, 3) Worked in medical field 35 years, 4) Emergency on-call 24/7, 5) Hospital 15 times major depression, 6) Tried nearly all MAOI, TCA, SSRI, SNRI, and ECT. 7) 100% Disability in 1998 for depression. Now at age 70 I have dysthymia, chronic fatigue, COPD, and PTSD. My recommendation to younger people - do not over stress,
do not smoke, avoid horrific or traumatic situations and try to find some enjoyment in life. If you have symptoms like mine seek early treatment put balance in your life. The often heard recommendations - get plenty of sleep, eat properly, learn to relax and avoid bad habits should not be ignored, they are critical to good physical and mental health.
- Prednisone rx 3,3,2,2,1,1 plan suicidal haunts all day
I came home from the Hospitol with a 3,3,2,2,1,1 Rx.
I took (3) and spent the rest of the day contenplating Suicide.
The rest of the Rx went in the Toilet by 7:pm.
I wonder how many this Killed.
- Achilles tendon tear
At the end of my 10 day treatment time on Cephalexin 500 mg, I experience diarrhea, so I took acidophilus three times a day, and it went away. I also woke up with a Achilles ligament tear, with a bulge in the tendon, not a rupture. No changes in my daily routine, in regards to exercise, just swimming and walking.
- Polymyalgia rheumatica (1 response)
Diagnosed 12 months ago with type 2 diabetes - diet controlled. Diagnosed recently with polymyalgia rheumatica. Prescribed prednisone. This caused my blood sugar levels to skyrocket and. Now require insulin injections. Have developed a rash on arms & face. Have tried tapering prednisone dosage but pain levels come back up.
Currently on 20mg daily. Still have pain in the morning & at night. Am worried about prednisone side effects.
- Cephalexin 500 mg caused allergic reaction (1 response)
I developed a rash that quickly turned to painful, itchy blistering after taking cephalexin 500mg capsules for only 2 days (the prescription was for 10 days). The rash was on my hands, legs, back, & arms. I was sent by my doctor to the hospital emergency room. diagnosed as an allergic reaction to cephalexin. treated with steroids & another antibiotic. this was one of the scariest episodes of my life. I hope people are reporting this type of problem.
More reviews for: Cephalexin, Copd
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
Have since experienced an outbreak of 5 med-large cysts on stomach and legs
From this study (1 month ago):
I have alpha 1 anti-tripson decease; C.O.P.D; depression;high cholesterol;have had breast cancer ER2 invasive
From this study (2 months ago):
• Loose motions started on 11.9.1990. They were at first bulky 3 or 4 times a day. Iron tablets and other vitamins were discontinued
• Stay at the hospital was very traumatic. Diarrhea continued to get worse every day. Could eat only very soft rice and boiled vegetables I could not breathe. Could get a little relief only if my back was rubbed. Attendants soon tired of doing this all the time. I was told not to ask questions but continue with whatever medicines were given. I could not sleep. Burning sensation in stomach right up to the mouth. Burning sensation after passing stool. SLEEP was badly affected. I was told that I was depressed and that this was “normal” after a miscarriage of this sort.
Diarrhea continued for 6 months. Got better only after Valethamate bromide was given
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.