Review: could Cephalexin cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
Summary: High blood sugar is found among people who take Cephalexin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Metastases to bone.
We study 7,336 people who have side effects while taking Cephalexin from FDA and social media. Among them, 81 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cephalexin and have High blood sugar >>>
Cephalexin has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from 8,077 Cephalexin users)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 17,136 High blood sugar patients)
On Apr, 14, 2015: 7,334 people reported to have side effects when taking Cephalexin. Among them, 81 people (1.10%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Cephalexin when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Cephalexin * :
|High blood sugar||51.25%||48.75% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Cephalexin * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||1.41%||2.82%||2.82%||0.00%||33.80%||21.13%||38.03% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Cephalexin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (18 people, 22.22%)
- Hypercalcaemia (11 people, 13.58%)
- Blood pressure management (11 people, 13.58%)
- Pain (11 people, 13.58%)
- Multiple myeloma (10 people, 12.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (36 people, 44.44%)
- Ambien (32 people, 39.51%)
- Aredia (30 people, 37.04%)
- Furosemide (26 people, 32.10%)
- Lasix (26 people, 32.10%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cephalexin and high blood sugar on
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Cephalexin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Cephalexin and have High Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Cephalexin
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Multivitamin, Horse Chestnut, Omega 3, Saw Palmetto, Metformin, Aspirin, Atenolol, Glimepiride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fosinopril Sodium for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Deficiency, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Ischaemic Heart Disease. The patient has Peripheral Artery Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar
- A study of side effects of Tamoxifen Citrate for a 50-year old woman with Cancer - Breast. The patient has High Blood Sugar
- A study of side effects of Butrans for a 56-year old woman with Pain. The patient has High Blood Glucose Level
- A study of drug interactions between Eplerenone, Hydrochlorothiazide, Irbesartan for a 79-year old woman with Hypertensive Heart Disease, Hypertension, Systemic Sclerosis (scleroderma). The patient has Hyperglycemia
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Zoloft for a 25-year old woman with ADD, Depression Suicidal. The patient has Insomnia, Hyperglycaemia, Dry Mouth, Memory Loss
Recent Cephalexin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.