Home > Cephalexin > Ibs > Cephalexin and Ibs
Review: could Cephalexin cause Ibs (Irritable bowel syndrome)?
Summary: Ibs is found among people who take Cephalexin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Levaquin, and have Acne.
We study 7,318 people who have side effects while taking Cephalexin from FDA and social media. Among them, 94 have Ibs. Find out below who they are, when they have Ibs and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Ibs >>>
Cephalexin (latest outcomes from 8,056 users) has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection.
Ibs (irritable bowel syndrome -chronic abdominal pain, discomfort, bloating) (latest reports from 71,713 patients) has been reported by people with acne, osteoporosis, depression, osteopenia, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 7,314 people reported to have side effects when taking Cephalexin. Among them, 94 people (1.29%) have Ibs.
Time on Cephalexin when people have Ibs * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Ibs when taking Cephalexin * :
Age of people who have Ibs when taking Cephalexin * :
Severity of Ibs when taking Cephalexin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Ibs ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Acne (18 people, 19.15%)
- Light chain analysis increased (12 people, 12.77%)
- Multiple myeloma (12 people, 12.77%)
- Constipation (11 people, 11.70%)
- Allergic sinusitis (8 people, 8.51%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levaquin (39 people, 41.49%)
- Accutane (35 people, 37.23%)
- Ambien (33 people, 35.11%)
- Amoxicillin (32 people, 34.04%)
- Zofran (31 people, 32.98%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ibs while taking Cephalexin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Ibs
- support group for people who take Cephalexin
- support group for people who have Ibs
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Is it possible to receive medical marijuana if you have spina bifida and controllable ibs?
(Asked by a 18 year old boy who has IBS, Spina Bifida )
i need help figuring out the best pain relieving drug for my conditions. please respond if any information
- Can i take nyquil if i'm on cephalexin
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Sore Throat, and takes Cephalexin)
I"ve had a sore throat for 8 days, I'm taking cephalexin for an ear infection. My question is "can I take Nyquil for my throat when I' on cephalexin?"
- Mucous in stools rolling std jab
(Asked by a 22 year old man who has Diarrhoea Infectious, Nausea, Mucous In Stool, and takes Cephalexin)
Hi there, I was recently diagnosed with Balanitis, a small white ulcer has appeared on my foreskin caused by the trauma of the condition.
I went to the ER for the problem, worrying that it maybe and std, the nurse and doctor there told me to keep the ulcer clean and to keep strong soaps away fro ...
- Is it my thyroid or am i mentally ill? diagnosed w/ hashimoto's thyroiditis but untreated - chronic pain unmanaged also
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Spondylosis, Autoimmune Disorder, Asthma Late Onset, Migraine, Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Facet Joint Syndrome, Sacroiliitis, Diverticulosis, PTSD, IBS, Traumatic Brain Injury, Pelvic Congestion, Fibromyalgia, Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, and takes Albuterol Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Maxalt, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Oxycontin, Alvesco, Levothyroxine Thyroid)
I moved to OR from HI and brought all my records, signed releases, and had many diagnoses, all but the thyroid, was being treated and long-term. I also took Oxycontin & Oxycodone for severe chronic pain from bilateral SI joint fusion (right screw protrudes & leg also becomes numb and weak with acti ...
More questions for: Cephalexin, Ibs
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Headache after propofol
(Posted by a 61 year old woman who has IBS, and takes Propofol)
Was given Propofol while having Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. Severe headache in evening and following day.
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
(Posted by a 89 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Pradaxa, Multaq)
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- Achilles tendon tear
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Left Achilles Ligiment Tear; Also Diarrhea , and takes Keflex)
At the end of my 10 day treatment time on Cephalexin 500 mg, I experience diarrhea, so I took acidophilus three times a day, and it went away. I also woke up with a Achilles ligament tear, with a bulge in the tendon, not a rupture. No changes in my daily routine, in regards to exercise, just swimm ...
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Fatigue, Sinusitis Acute, Itching, Cognitive Deterioration, Psoriasis, Anxiety, Restless Leg Syndrome, Frequent Headaches, Nasal Inflammation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Chronic Insomnia, and takes Levothyroxine Thyroid, Clonazepam, Ambien Cr)
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50, Methotrexate, Plaquenil, Metformin, Klonopin, Zanaflex, Prednisone, Singulair, Imitrex, Nexium)
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
More reviews for: Cephalexin, Ibs
- A study of side effects of Cephalexin for a patient with Septecemia Because Of Septic Abortion. The patient has Diarrhea Associated With Medications Inj Ampicillin(550) 4 Vials, Inj Methergin I Amp , T. Toxoid, Flagyl (400) Inj Gentamycin(80), Ampicillin Capsules (500), Cephalexin (500), Inj Betnesol 1 Amp, In
Comments: • Loose motions started on 11.9.1990. They were at first bulky 3 or 4 times a day. Iron tablets and other vitamins were discontinued
• Stay at the hospital was very traumatic. Diarrhea continued to get worse every day. Could eat only very soft rice and boiled vegetables I could not breathe. Cou ...
- A study of side effects of Cephalexin for a patient with Tooth Abscess. The patient has Abdominal Tenderness
Comments: no loose stools or other side effects until 10th day of treatment.Pain has centralized to right lower quadrant.
- A study of drug interactions between Keflex, Keflex for a patient with Sinus Infection. The patient has Neuropathy - Peripheral
Comments: I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs for 2 months at least could cause this issue I was wondering about BOTH clindamycin and keflex
- A study of side effects of Cephalexin for a patient with Skin Infection - Bacterial. The patient has Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Stools - Black Or Tarry (black stool), Dizziness
Comments: 500 mg twice a day for 30 days.
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen, Zantac 150, Lo/ovral, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Zoloft for a patient with Arthritis, Gerd, Hormonal Contraceptive, Tremor, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Depression, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Ibs, Pain
Comments: This list of symptoms is endless
Nausea vomiting sleep disorders anxiety disorders
So many symptoms with such little relief :(
More related studies for: Cephalexin, Ibs
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Muscle Weakness and Finasteride
- Zopiclone and Cocaine Abuse
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
Answer: I too have taken citalopram, for fibromyalgia pain, and wa ... (18 hours ago)
- Can chewing tobacco effect results of velcade on myeloma
Father has been on and off Velcade for Multiple Myeloma ov ... (1 day ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: You must take sulfasalizine with food to avoid stomach iss ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (13 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,t ... (16 hours ago)
- Headache after propofol
Was given Propofol while having Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. ... (21 hours ago)