Review: could Cephalexin cause Loss of appetite (Appetite - decreased)?
Summary: Loss of appetite is found among people who take Cephalexin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aredia, and have Breast cancer.
We study 7,336 people who have side effects while taking Cephalexin from FDA and social media. Among them, 279 have Loss of appetite. Find out below who they are, when they have Loss of appetite and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Loss of appetite >>>
Cephalexin has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from 8,077 Cephalexin users)
Loss of appetite
Loss of appetite (lack of feeling to eat) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, pain, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 52,340 Loss of appetite patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 7,334 people reported to have side effects when taking Cephalexin. Among them, 279 people (3.80%) have Loss Of Appetite.
Time on Cephalexin when people have Loss of appetite * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loss of appetite||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Loss of appetite when taking Cephalexin * :
|Loss of appetite||65.22%||34.78% |
Age of people who have Loss of appetite when taking Cephalexin * :
|Loss of appetite||0.00%||0.38%||4.91%||8.68%||7.55%||11.70%||30.94%||35.85% |
Severity of Loss of appetite when taking Cephalexin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loss of appetite||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Loss of appetite ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Loss of appetite||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (49 people, 17.56%)
- Metastases to bone (32 people, 11.47%)
- Anaemia (18 people, 6.45%)
- Pain (16 people, 5.73%)
- Acne (16 people, 5.73%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aredia (104 people, 37.28%)
- Zometa (104 people, 37.28%)
- Ambien (94 people, 33.69%)
- Neurontin (87 people, 31.18%)
- Coumadin (81 people, 29.03%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cephalexin and loss of appetite on
Do you have Loss Of Appetite while taking Cephalexin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Loss Of Appetite
- support group for people who take Cephalexin
- support group for people who have Loss Of Appetite
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Cephalexin, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 12-year old boy with Nail Infection, Depression. The patient has Stomach Pain, Dizziness
- A study of side effects of Quetiapine Fumarate for a 20-year old woman with Miscarriage. The patient has Depression, Dark Circles Under Eyes, Yellow Skin, Stomach Pain, Irritability, Decreased Appetite, Headache, Nausea
- A study of side effects of Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim for a 21-year old woman with UTI. The patient has Appetite Decreased, Confusion, Weakness, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Atenolol, Mirtazapine, Phenytoin, Pantoprazole for a 37-year old man with Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Epilepsy, Vomiting Blood. The patient has Decreased Appetite, Vomiting, Seizures, Traumatic Brain Injury, Anxiety, Depression, Alcohol Abuse
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Soma for a 67-year old woman with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic, Appetite Decreased
Recent Cephalexin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.