Review: could Cephalexin cause Metallic taste (Taste - impaired)?
Summary: Metallic taste is found among people who take Cephalexin, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, also take medication Zithromax, and have Breast cancer.
We study 7,322 people who have side effects while taking Cephalexin from FDA and social media. Among them, 97 have Metallic taste. Find out below who they are, when they have Metallic taste and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Metallic taste >>>
Cephalexin has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Cephalexin 8,061 users)
Metallic taste (a bad taste in the mouth) has been reported by people with insomnia, quit smoking, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression.(latest reports from Metallic taste 24,191 patients)
On Nov, 24, 2014: 7,318 people reported to have side effects when taking Cephalexin. Among them, 97 people (1.33%) have Metallic Taste.
Time on Cephalexin when people have Metallic taste * :
Gender of people who have Metallic taste when taking Cephalexin * :
|Metallic taste||77.32%||22.68% |
Age of people who have Metallic taste when taking Cephalexin * :
|Metallic taste||0.00%||0.00%||1.08%||1.08%||5.38%||44.09%||10.75%||37.63% |
Severity of Metallic taste when taking Cephalexin ** :
How people recovered from Metallic taste ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (16 people, 16.49%)
- Prophylaxis (16 people, 16.49%)
- Anxiety (12 people, 12.37%)
- Constipation (11 people, 11.34%)
- Eczema (11 people, 11.34%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zithromax (66 people, 68.04%)
- Zometa (55 people, 56.70%)
- Prilosec (42 people, 43.30%)
- Aspirin (42 people, 43.30%)
- Percocet (39 people, 40.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Metallic Taste while taking Cephalexin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Metallic Taste
- support group for people who take Cephalexin
- support group for people who have Metallic Taste
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I had an abortion 3 weeks ago and i'm now having the metallic taste in my mouth like i had before the abortion.
I had an abortion 3 weeks ago and thought all was okay but i've been experiencing the metallic taste in my mouth for 3 days now.
- Does loss of taste from morphine come back ?
I was given morphine 3 months ago and have loss my ability to taste ever since.
- Can i take nyquil if i'm on cephalexin
I"ve had a sore throat for 8 days, I'm taking cephalexin for an ear infection. My question is "can I take Nyquil for my throat when I' on cephalexin?"
- Mucous in stools rolling std jab
Hi there, I was recently diagnosed with Balanitis, a small white ulcer has appeared on my foreskin caused by the trauma of the condition.
I went to the ER for the problem, worrying that it maybe and std, the nurse and doctor there told me to keep the ulcer clean and to keep strong soaps away from it, but to be safe they gave me the std shot along with 4 tablets to take. The next morning and ever since, I have been experiencing bad nausea and what started with comstipation, has now turned into dhiarea, when I pass a stool which has some sort of solidity to it, it is coated in mucous. Alongside this. Every time I have food sitting in my stomach, I feel very sick to the stomach.
Just wondering if this is a side effect of the drug, or if I have some kind of candida which is reacting with the drugs?? I had the jab on Wednesday and felt Ill first thing in the morning the next day. This is the third day of the illness, but seems less extreme throughout the day.
Sorry for the graphic nature of this post, just wondering if anyone had any answers before I spent another small fortune at the doctors!
- Can i take pepcid complete with keflex
Keflex is giving me an upset stomach. Can I take pepcid complete to help or is it contradicted with Keflex?
More questions for: Cephalexin, Metallic taste
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Achilles tendon tear
At the end of my 10 day treatment time on Cephalexin 500 mg, I experience diarrhea, so I took acidophilus three times a day, and it went away. I also woke up with a Achilles ligament tear, with a bulge in the tendon, not a rupture. No changes in my daily routine, in regards to exercise, just swimming and walking.
- Celebrex and taste loss
Following foot surgery, I have taken Celebrex for most of the last 4 months. I can no longer taste or smell. I just started a Z pack for a sinus problem and am hoping that will clear any infection that could be contributing to this loss. I have also stopped taking Celebrex in the meantime.
- Loss of taste & recovery
Condition appeared upon use of Simvastatin. Mostly corrected by liberal use of MSG.
- Cephalexin 500 mg caused allergic reaction (1 response)
I developed a rash that quickly turned to painful, itchy blistering after taking cephalexin 500mg capsules for only 2 days (the prescription was for 10 days). The rash was on my hands, legs, back, & arms. I was sent by my doctor to the hospital emergency room. diagnosed as an allergic reaction to cephalexin. treated with steroids & another antibiotic. this was one of the scariest episodes of my life. I hope people are reporting this type of problem.
More reviews for: Cephalexin, Metallic taste
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Was prescribed Voltaren gel for tenosynovitis of my thumb. Helped the pain somewhat, but I woke up feeling terrible. I am sensitive to stronger oral pain medications, which is why this was prescribed in the first place, but the side effects are worse than when I have taken codeine. Felt somewhat be ...
- • Loose motions started on 11.9.1990. They were at first bulky 3 or 4 times a day. Iron tablets and other vitamins were discontinued
• Stay at the hospital was very traumatic. Diarrhea continued to get worse every day. Could eat only very soft rice and boiled vegetables I could not breathe. Cou ...
- I have had to use a foley indwelling catheter for nearly 35 years and NEVER have I had a problem with it spontaneously leaking around it practically overnight. One day I was fine like all the days and weeks and years prior... then the next day I began to leak around the catheter and it has continue ...
- The taste is so bad that it can turn my stomach. I have been told to stay
on the drug due to having a very bad case of shingles in the ear and mouth.
Will it go away when I am off the medication
- Took Keflex 500mg 5 doses and was unable to move right shoulder and hand and arm and left shoulder. Ended up in Emergency. 3 weeks later still having shoulder and wrist pain daily, with varying degrees of severity from mild to moderate pain.
More related studies for: Cephalexin, Metallic taste
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.