Review: could Cephalexin cause Muscle pain (Muscle aches)?
Summary: Muscle pain is found among people who take Cephalexin, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ativan, and have Eczema.
We study 7,336 people who have side effects while taking Cephalexin from FDA and social media. Among them, 203 have Muscle pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Muscle pain >>>
Cephalexin has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from 8,077 Cephalexin users)
Muscle pain (muscle pain) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 73,537 Muscle pain patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 7,334 people reported to have side effects when taking Cephalexin. Among them, 203 people (2.77%) have Muscle Pain.
Time on Cephalexin when people have Muscle pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle pain||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle pain when taking Cephalexin * :
|Muscle pain||67.49%||32.51% |
Age of people who have Muscle pain when taking Cephalexin * :
|Muscle pain||0.00%||0.57%||2.86%||16.00%||12.00%||28.57%||20.57%||19.43% |
Severity of Muscle pain when taking Cephalexin ** :
How people recovered from Muscle pain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Eczema (33 people, 16.26%)
- Breast cancer (13 people, 6.40%)
- Pain (13 people, 6.40%)
- Hepatitis c (10 people, 4.93%)
- Granulocytopenia (10 people, 4.93%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ativan (52 people, 25.62%)
- Percocet (48 people, 23.65%)
- Neurontin (39 people, 19.21%)
- Ambien (38 people, 18.72%)
- Neulasta (37 people, 18.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cephalexin and muscle pain on
Do you have Muscle Pain while taking Cephalexin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Muscle Pain
- support group for people who take Cephalexin
- support group for people who have Muscle Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Finasteride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Flecainide Acetate, Lithium Carbonate, Flomax, Effexor Xr for a 75-year old man with BPH, Sleepy, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Urinary Retention, Depression. The patient has Breathing Difficulty - Lying Down, Pain - Muscles
Recent Cephalexin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.