Review: could Cephalexin cause Nervous indigestion (Irritable bowel syndrome)?
Summary: Nervous indigestion is found among people who take Cephalexin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Levaquin, and have Acne.
We study 7,330 people who have side effects while taking Cephalexin from FDA and social media. Among them, 94 have Nervous indigestion. Find out below who they are, when they have Nervous indigestion and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Nervous indigestion >>>
Cephalexin has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from 8,069 Cephalexin users)
Nervous indigestion (a type of gastrointestinal distress caused by prolonged stress and fatigue) has been reported by people with acne, osteoporosis, depression, osteopenia, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 15,620 Nervous indigestion patients)
On Mar, 2, 2015: 7,330 people reported to have side effects when taking Cephalexin. Among them, 94 people (1.28%) have Nervous Indigestion.
Time on Cephalexin when people have Nervous indigestion * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nervous indigestion||60.00%||40.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Nervous indigestion when taking Cephalexin * :
|Nervous indigestion||64.89%||35.11% |
Age of people who have Nervous indigestion when taking Cephalexin * :
|Nervous indigestion||0.00%||0.00%||11.11%||27.16%||2.47%||3.70%||19.75%||35.80% |
Severity of Nervous indigestion when taking Cephalexin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Nervous indigestion||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Nervous indigestion ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Nervous indigestion||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Acne (18 people, 19.15%)
- Light chain analysis increased (12 people, 12.77%)
- Multiple myeloma (12 people, 12.77%)
- Constipation (11 people, 11.70%)
- Allergic sinusitis (8 people, 8.51%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levaquin (39 people, 41.49%)
- Accutane (35 people, 37.23%)
- Ambien (33 people, 35.11%)
- Amoxicillin (32 people, 34.04%)
- Zofran (31 people, 32.98%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Cephalexin and nervous indigestion on
Do you have Nervous Indigestion while taking Cephalexin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Nervous Indigestion
- support group for people who take Cephalexin
- support group for people who have Nervous indigestion
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Cephalexin for a 2-year old girl with Allergies. The patient has Fever
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Effexor, Lipitor, Estradiol for a 58-year old woman with Mood Disorder, Autoimmune Disorder, Nutrition - Inadequate, Heart Disease, Anxiety Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Menopausal Symptoms. The patient has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Constipation, Headache, Tension, Eyes - Dry, Abdominal Bloating
- A study of side effects of Cephalexin for a 2-year old boy with Otitis Media. The patient has Cyst Drainage
- A study of drug interactions between Cephalexin, Allopurinol, Mercaptopurine, Humira for a 60-year old woman with Cellulitis, Croup. The patient has Cramps - Leg
- A study of side effects of Cephalexin for a 37-year old man with Nasal Ulcer. The patient has Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Dizziness, Neck Stiffness, Headache (pain in head)
Recent Cephalexin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.