Home > Cephalexin > Ovarian cyst > Cephalexin and Ovarian cyst
Review: could Cephalexin cause Ovarian cyst (Ovarian cysts)?
Summary: Ovarian cyst is found among people who take Cephalexin, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Lorazepam, and have Contraception.
We study 7,318 people who have side effects while taking Cephalexin from FDA and social media. Among them, 40 have Ovarian cyst. Find out below who they are, when they have Ovarian cyst and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Ovarian cyst >>>
Cephalexin (latest outcomes from 8,057 users) has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection.
Ovarian cyst (fluid filled sac of the ovary) (latest reports from 7,014 patients) has been reported by people with birth control, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, pain.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 7,314 people reported to have side effects when taking Cephalexin. Among them, 40 people (0.55%) have Ovarian Cyst.
Time on Cephalexin when people have Ovarian cyst * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ovarian cyst||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Ovarian cyst when taking Cephalexin * :
|Ovarian cyst||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Ovarian cyst when taking Cephalexin * :
|Ovarian cyst||0.00%||0.00%||5.00%||25.00%||22.50%||35.00%||12.50%||0.00% |
Severity of Ovarian cyst when taking Cephalexin ** :
How people recovered from Ovarian cyst ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (11 people, 27.50%)
- Pain (6 people, 15.00%)
- Vaginal haemorrhage (3 people, 7.50%)
- Depression (2 people, 5.00%)
- Premenstrual syndrome (2 people, 5.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lorazepam (19 people, 47.50%)
- Ativan (15 people, 37.50%)
- Promethazine (14 people, 35.00%)
- Nystatin (13 people, 32.50%)
- Azithromycin (13 people, 32.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ovarian Cyst while taking Cephalexin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Ovarian Cyst
- support group for people who take Cephalexin
- support group for people who have Ovarian Cyst
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take nyquil if i'm on cephalexin
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Sore Throat, and takes Cephalexin)
I"ve had a sore throat for 8 days, I'm taking cephalexin for an ear infection. My question is "can I take Nyquil for my throat when I' on cephalexin?"
- Mucous in stools rolling std jab
(Asked by a 22 year old man who has Diarrhoea Infectious, Nausea, Mucous In Stool, and takes Cephalexin)
Hi there, I was recently diagnosed with Balanitis, a small white ulcer has appeared on my foreskin caused by the trauma of the condition.
I went to the ER for the problem, worrying that it maybe and std, the nurse and doctor there told me to keep the ulcer clean and to keep strong soaps away fro ...
- Can i take pepcid complete with keflex
(Asked by a 69 year old woman who has Upset Stomach, and takes Keflex)
Keflex is giving me an upset stomach. Can I take pepcid complete to help or is it contradicted with Keflex?
- Has anyone else acquired ecthyma as they were getting over henoch schonlein purpura?
(Asked by a 12 year old girl who has Henoch-schonlein Purpura, Ecthyma, and takes Cephalexin, Bactrim, Gabapentin, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Prednisone)
My 11 year old daughter came down with Henoch Schonlein Purpura in September of 2013, following a sore throat. We thought maybe the throat is what caused the purpura, but she also had a black type of wound on her knee that could have very well been a spider bite, so we are not sure which of the two ...
- I have a diagnosed ovarian cyst, does premarin (conjugated oestrogen) help with that? will i suffer other side effects? should the doctor have given me co-meds along with the hormone?
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Ovarian Cyst, and takes Premarin)
I have a diagnosed Ovarian Cyst, does Premarin (Conjugated Estrogen) help with that? Will I suffer other side effects? Should the doctor have given me Co-meds along with the hormone? I was only given Premarin 0.625 (Conjugated Estrogen) to take for two weeks and I feel so uneasy about this.
More questions for: Cephalexin, Ovarian cyst
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Achilles tendon tear
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Left Achilles Ligiment Tear; Also Diarrhea , and takes Keflex)
At the end of my 10 day treatment time on Cephalexin 500 mg, I experience diarrhea, so I took acidophilus three times a day, and it went away. I also woke up with a Achilles ligament tear, with a bulge in the tendon, not a rupture. No changes in my daily routine, in regards to exercise, just swimm ...
- Ovary pain disappeared
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Ovarian Cyst, and takes Spironolactone)
I have been taking Spironolactone 50mg for over a year that was prescribed by my dermatologist for acne. Prior to this I had daily pain in my right ovary for the previous 2 years with laproscopic surgery for tubal ligation the gyn did not see anything on this ovary to cause the pain, but my pain is ...
- Cephalexin 500 mg caused allergic reaction (1 response)
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Reaction, and takes Cephalexin)
I developed a rash that quickly turned to painful, itchy blistering after taking cephalexin 500mg capsules for only 2 days (the prescription was for 10 days). The rash was on my hands, legs, back, & arms. I was sent by my doctor to the hospital emergency room. diagnosed as an allergic reaction to c ...
More reviews for: Cephalexin, Ovarian cyst
- A study of side effects of Cephalexin for a patient with Septecemia Because Of Septic Abortion. The patient has Diarrhea Associated With Medications Inj Ampicillin(550) 4 Vials, Inj Methergin I Amp , T. Toxoid, Flagyl (400) Inj Gentamycin(80), Ampicillin Capsules (500), Cephalexin (500), Inj Betnesol 1 Amp, In
Comments: • Loose motions started on 11.9.1990. They were at first bulky 3 or 4 times a day. Iron tablets and other vitamins were discontinued
• Stay at the hospital was very traumatic. Diarrhea continued to get worse every day. Could eat only very soft rice and boiled vegetables I could not breathe. Cou ...
- A study of side effects of St. John's Wort for a patient with Depression. The patient has Ovarian Cyst (fluid filled sac of the ovary)
Comments: I have been having a very painfull ovulation last month which ende in a cyst of 2.5 cm x 1.8 on my right ovary.
my breast have been very tender with little growth in them just a week before my period.
I have noticed that being on st john worts for 4 weekes previously has triggered this problem
- A study of side effects of Keflex for a patient with Uti - Associated With A Catheter. The patient has Leaking Around Catheter Spontaneously Shortly After Beginning Keflex
Comments: I have had to use a foley indwelling catheter for nearly 35 years and NEVER have I had a problem with it spontaneously leaking around it practically overnight. One day I was fine like all the days and weeks and years prior... then the next day I began to leak around the catheter and it has continue ...
- A study of side effects of Keflex for a patient with Bacterial Infection. The patient has Shoulder Pain
Comments: Took Keflex 500mg 5 doses and was unable to move right shoulder and hand and arm and left shoulder. Ended up in Emergency. 3 weeks later still having shoulder and wrist pain daily, with varying degrees of severity from mild to moderate pain.
- A study of side effects of Latuda for a patient with Bipolar I Disorder. The patient has Ovarian Cyst (fluid filled sac of the ovary)
Comments: I am 51 years of age and only have 1 ovary left as I had a hysterectomy in 2004. I saw my gynecologist for my yearly and it was timely as two weeks prior I was having tenderness in my ovary. She did an ultrasound two days ago and I am waiting on the results. I was prone to cysts, which is why only t ...
More related studies for: Cephalexin, Ovarian cyst
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.