Review: could Cephalexin cause Paronychia?
Summary: Paronychia is found among people who take Cephalexin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Zometa, and have Metastases to bone.
We study 7,322 people who have side effects while taking Cephalexin from FDA and social media. Among them, 29 have Paronychia. Find out below who they are, when they have Paronychia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Paronychia >>>
Cephalexin has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Cephalexin 8,061 users)
Paronychia (infection in the tissues adjacent to a nail on a finger or toe) has been reported by people with colon cancer, breast cancer, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Paronychia 1,281 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 7,318 people reported to have side effects when taking Cephalexin. Among them, 29 people (0.40%) have Paronychia.
Time on Cephalexin when people have Paronychia * :
Gender of people who have Paronychia when taking Cephalexin * :
Age of people who have Paronychia when taking Cephalexin * :
Severity of Paronychia when taking Cephalexin ** :
How people recovered from Paronychia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (11 people, 37.93%)
- Multiple myeloma (9 people, 31.03%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (5 people, 17.24%)
- Paronychia (2 people, 6.90%)
- Wound infection (1 people, 3.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (21 people, 72.41%)
- Metronidazole (19 people, 65.52%)
- Lorazepam (18 people, 62.07%)
- Ciprofloxacin (17 people, 58.62%)
- Nexium (16 people, 55.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Paronychia while taking Cephalexin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Paronychia
- support group for people who take Cephalexin
- support group for people who have Paronychia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take nyquil if i'm on cephalexin
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Sore Throat, and takes Cephalexin)
I"ve had a sore throat for 8 days, I'm taking cephalexin for an ear infection. My question is "can I take Nyquil for my throat when I' on cephalexin?"
- Mucous in stools rolling std jab
(Asked by a 22 year old man who has Diarrhoea Infectious, Nausea, Mucous In Stool, and takes Cephalexin)
Hi there, I was recently diagnosed with Balanitis, a small white ulcer has appeared on my foreskin caused by the trauma of the condition.
I went to the ER for the problem, worrying that it maybe and std, the nurse and doctor there told me to keep the ulcer clean and to keep strong soaps away fro ...
- Can i take pepcid complete with keflex
(Asked by a 69 year old woman who has Upset Stomach, and takes Keflex)
Keflex is giving me an upset stomach. Can I take pepcid complete to help or is it contradicted with Keflex?
- Has anyone else acquired ecthyma as they were getting over henoch schonlein purpura?
(Asked by a 12 year old girl who has Henoch-schonlein Purpura, Ecthyma, and takes Cephalexin, Bactrim, Gabapentin, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Prednisone)
My 11 year old daughter came down with Henoch Schonlein Purpura in September of 2013, following a sore throat. We thought maybe the throat is what caused the purpura, but she also had a black type of wound on her knee that could have very well been a spider bite, so we are not sure which of the two ...
- Can a kidney infection cause eye floaters
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Kidney Infection, and takes Keflex)
Can a kidney infection cause eye floaters?
More questions for: Cephalexin, Paronychia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Achilles tendon tear
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Left Achilles Ligiment Tear; Also Diarrhea , and takes Keflex)
At the end of my 10 day treatment time on Cephalexin 500 mg, I experience diarrhea, so I took acidophilus three times a day, and it went away. I also woke up with a Achilles ligament tear, with a bulge in the tendon, not a rupture. No changes in my daily routine, in regards to exercise, just swimm ...
- Cephalexin 500 mg caused allergic reaction (1 response)
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Reaction, and takes Cephalexin)
I developed a rash that quickly turned to painful, itchy blistering after taking cephalexin 500mg capsules for only 2 days (the prescription was for 10 days). The rash was on my hands, legs, back, & arms. I was sent by my doctor to the hospital emergency room. diagnosed as an allergic reaction to c ...
More reviews for: Cephalexin, Paronychia
- A study of side effects of Cephalexin for a patient with Septecemia Because Of Septic Abortion. The patient has Diarrhea Associated With Medications Inj Ampicillin(550) 4 Vials, Inj Methergin I Amp , T. Toxoid, Flagyl (400) Inj Gentamycin(80), Ampicillin Capsules (500), Cephalexin (500), Inj Betnesol 1 Amp, In
Comments: • Loose motions started on 11.9.1990. They were at first bulky 3 or 4 times a day. Iron tablets and other vitamins were discontinued
• Stay at the hospital was very traumatic. Diarrhea continued to get worse every day. Could eat only very soft rice and boiled vegetables I could not breathe. Cou ...
- A study of side effects of Keflex for a patient with Uti - Associated With A Catheter. The patient has Leaking Around Catheter Spontaneously Shortly After Beginning Keflex
Comments: I have had to use a foley indwelling catheter for nearly 35 years and NEVER have I had a problem with it spontaneously leaking around it practically overnight. One day I was fine like all the days and weeks and years prior... then the next day I began to leak around the catheter and it has continue ...
- A study of side effects of Keflex for a patient with Bacterial Infection. The patient has Shoulder Pain
Comments: Took Keflex 500mg 5 doses and was unable to move right shoulder and hand and arm and left shoulder. Ended up in Emergency. 3 weeks later still having shoulder and wrist pain daily, with varying degrees of severity from mild to moderate pain.
- A study of side effects of Cephalexin for a patient with Bladder Infection. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
Comments: I was prescribed Cephalexin , 500 mg, to take for 7 days 3 times per day. On day 5 noticed swelling in the right feet, ankles were swollen a little .
Finished dose in 7 days, 3 days later - big swelling in both feet and in both ankles .More in feet
- A study of side effects of Cephalexin for a patient with Surgery. The patient has Confusion, Dizziness, Constipation, Cancer - Stomach (stomach cancer), Urea Urine Decreased
Comments: I had a sinus cyst removed and put on cephalexin. I started having stomach cramps and pain after a few days. and also bowels did not move. I have been frequently slightly dizzy and for a couple days have had some problems with concentration. I am also a bit shaky in the morning after eating breakfas ...
More related studies for: Cephalexin, Paronychia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.