Review: could Cephalexin cause Spleen enlargement (Splenomegaly)?
Summary: Spleen enlargement is found among people who take Cephalexin, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, also take medication Zometa, and have Hepatitis c.
We study 7,322 people who have side effects while taking Cephalexin from FDA and social media. Among them, 52 have Spleen enlargement. Find out below who they are, when they have Spleen enlargement and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Spleen enlargement >>>
Cephalexin has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Cephalexin 8,061 users)
Spleen enlargement (enlargement of spleen) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, hiv infection, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, hepatitis c.(latest reports from Spleen enlargement 6,127 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 7,318 people reported to have side effects when taking Cephalexin. Among them, 52 people (0.71%) have Spleen Enlargement.
Time on Cephalexin when people have Spleen enlargement * :
Gender of people who have Spleen enlargement when taking Cephalexin * :
|Spleen enlargement||69.23%||30.77% |
Age of people who have Spleen enlargement when taking Cephalexin * :
|Spleen enlargement||0.00%||2.27%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||36.36%||27.27%||9.09% |
Severity of Spleen enlargement when taking Cephalexin ** :
How people recovered from Spleen enlargement ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hepatitis c (9 people, 17.31%)
- Resorption bone increased (8 people, 15.38%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (7 people, 13.46%)
- Atrial fibrillation (7 people, 13.46%)
- Breast cancer (6 people, 11.54%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (22 people, 42.31%)
- Furosemide (20 people, 38.46%)
- Lorazepam (19 people, 36.54%)
- Acetaminophen (18 people, 34.62%)
- Amoxicillin (18 people, 34.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Spleen Enlargement while taking Cephalexin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Spleen Enlargement
- support group for people who take Cephalexin
- support group for people who have Spleen Enlargement
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take nyquil if i'm on cephalexin
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Sore Throat, and takes Cephalexin)
I"ve had a sore throat for 8 days, I'm taking cephalexin for an ear infection. My question is "can I take Nyquil for my throat when I' on cephalexin?"
- Mucous in stools rolling std jab
(Asked by a 22 year old man who has Diarrhoea Infectious, Nausea, Mucous In Stool, and takes Cephalexin)
Hi there, I was recently diagnosed with Balanitis, a small white ulcer has appeared on my foreskin caused by the trauma of the condition.
I went to the ER for the problem, worrying that it maybe and std, the nurse and doctor there told me to keep the ulcer clean and to keep strong soaps away fro ...
- Can i take pepcid complete with keflex
(Asked by a 69 year old woman who has Upset Stomach, and takes Keflex)
Keflex is giving me an upset stomach. Can I take pepcid complete to help or is it contradicted with Keflex?
- Can prolonged use of warfarin cause liver and spleen damage (1 answer)
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Enlarged Spleen, Cirrohosis Of The Liver, Fatiquie, Pain Under The Ribs, and takes Lorazepam, Allegra D 24 Hour, Tylenol)
I was on warfarin for ten years. they now found that I have cirrhosis of the liver my spleen is very enlarged can this all be caused by the prolonged use of the warfarin. Doctors giving me the run around but under my ribs is killing me and they just say take pain meds and go away
- Has anyone else acquired ecthyma as they were getting over henoch schonlein purpura?
(Asked by a 12 year old girl who has Henoch-schonlein Purpura, Ecthyma, and takes Cephalexin, Bactrim, Gabapentin, Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Prednisone)
My 11 year old daughter came down with Henoch Schonlein Purpura in September of 2013, following a sore throat. We thought maybe the throat is what caused the purpura, but she also had a black type of wound on her knee that could have very well been a spider bite, so we are not sure which of the two ...
More questions for: Cephalexin, Spleen enlargement
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Achilles tendon tear
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Left Achilles Ligiment Tear; Also Diarrhea , and takes Keflex)
At the end of my 10 day treatment time on Cephalexin 500 mg, I experience diarrhea, so I took acidophilus three times a day, and it went away. I also woke up with a Achilles ligament tear, with a bulge in the tendon, not a rupture. No changes in my daily routine, in regards to exercise, just swimm ...
- Cephalexin 500 mg caused allergic reaction (1 response)
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Reaction, and takes Cephalexin)
I developed a rash that quickly turned to painful, itchy blistering after taking cephalexin 500mg capsules for only 2 days (the prescription was for 10 days). The rash was on my hands, legs, back, & arms. I was sent by my doctor to the hospital emergency room. diagnosed as an allergic reaction to c ...
More reviews for: Cephalexin, Spleen enlargement
- A study of side effects of Cephalexin for a patient with Septecemia Because Of Septic Abortion. The patient has Diarrhea Associated With Medications Inj Ampicillin(550) 4 Vials, Inj Methergin I Amp , T. Toxoid, Flagyl (400) Inj Gentamycin(80), Ampicillin Capsules (500), Cephalexin (500), Inj Betnesol 1 Amp, In
Comments: • Loose motions started on 11.9.1990. They were at first bulky 3 or 4 times a day. Iron tablets and other vitamins were discontinued
• Stay at the hospital was very traumatic. Diarrhea continued to get worse every day. Could eat only very soft rice and boiled vegetables I could not breathe. Cou ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vidaza, Jakafi for a patient with Myelofibrosis. The patient has Shock, Side Pain, Device Inversion, Bone And Joint Pain, Enlarged Spleen, Blood Count
Comments: Upon reduction of jakafi dose due to low platelet count from 20 mg to 5 mg every 12 hours patient experienced extreme pain experienced low blood pressure and rapid heartbeat and with admission to emergency was treated for shock and then diagnosed with toxic shock syndrome and treated for that. The b ...
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Blood Disorder. The patient has Fatty Liver, Enlarged Spleen (enlargement of spleen)
Comments: Ive been taking warfarin for 7 years now.I have to be on it for my lifetime because Im at high risk for blood clots, pe, heartattack and stroke without taking warfarin.I also have to take it due to previous blood clots and previous PE.Also, because I have mthfr gene mutation, factor V Leiden and pro ...
- A study of side effects of Keflex for a patient with Uti - Associated With A Catheter. The patient has Leaking Around Catheter Spontaneously Shortly After Beginning Keflex
Comments: I have had to use a foley indwelling catheter for nearly 35 years and NEVER have I had a problem with it spontaneously leaking around it practically overnight. One day I was fine like all the days and weeks and years prior... then the next day I began to leak around the catheter and it has continue ...
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with COPD. The patient has Spleen Enlargement (enlargement of spleen)
Comments: I have 10years COPD found after pregnancy suspected sarcoidosis, but never confirmed with bronchoscopia, ACE level normal, during last year my spleen enlaged on 13cm, MPV is also increased on 11,my dorther had worms (the most comon kind what children have) before 10 monaths
More related studies for: Cephalexin, Spleen enlargement
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.