Review: could Cephalexin cause Sunburn?
Summary: Sunburn is reported only by a few people who take Cephalexin.
We study 7,336 people who have side effects while taking Cephalexin from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Sunburn. Find out below who they are, when they have Sunburn and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Sunburn >>>
Cephalexin has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from 8,077 Cephalexin users)
Sunburn has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, acne. (latest reports from 1,540 Sunburn patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 7,334 people reported to have side effects when taking Cephalexin. Among them, 5 people (0.07%) have Sunburn.
Time on Cephalexin when people have Sunburn * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Sunburn when taking Cephalexin * :
Age of people who have Sunburn when taking Cephalexin * :
Severity of Sunburn when taking Cephalexin ** :
How people recovered from Sunburn ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Cellulitis (1 people, 20.00%)
- Staphylococcal infection (1 people, 20.00%)
- Pharyngitis streptococcal (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Pristiq (1 people, 20.00%)
- Lexapro (1 people, 20.00%)
- Oxycodone hcl and acetaminophen (1 people, 20.00%)
- Clindamycin (1 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cephalexin and sunburn on
Do you have Sunburn while taking Cephalexin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Sunburn
- support group for people who take Cephalexin
- support group for people who have Sunburn
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Cephalexin for a 17-year old boy with Bites - Insects, Bees, And Spiders. The patient has Depression, Suicidal Thoughts
- A study of drug interactions between Cephalexin, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 12-year old boy with Nail Infection, Depression. The patient has Stomach Pain, Dizziness
- A study of side effects of Cephalexin for a 41-year old woman with UTI. The patient has Photosensitivity Reaction
- A study of drug interactions between Bisoprolol Fumarate, Cephalexin, Gliclazide, Glucophage for a 61-year old man with Cardiac Disorder, Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Eosinophilia
- A study of side effects of Zetia for a 67-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Sunburn
Recent Cephalexin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.