Review: could Cephalexin cause Sunburn?
Summary: Sunburn is reported only by a few people who take Cephalexin.
We study 7,322 people who have side effects while taking Cephalexin from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Sunburn. Find out below who they are, when they have Sunburn and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Sunburn >>>
Cephalexin has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Cephalexin 8,061 users)
Sunburn has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, acne.(latest reports from Sunburn 1,527 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 7,318 people reported to have side effects when taking Cephalexin. Among them, 5 people (0.07%) have Sunburn.
Time on Cephalexin when people have Sunburn * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Sunburn when taking Cephalexin * :
Age of people who have Sunburn when taking Cephalexin * :
Severity of Sunburn when taking Cephalexin ** :
How people recovered from Sunburn ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Cellulitis (1 people, 20.00%)
- Staphylococcal infection (1 people, 20.00%)
- Pharyngitis streptococcal (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Pristiq (1 people, 20.00%)
- Lexapro (1 people, 20.00%)
- Oxycodone hcl and acetaminophen (1 people, 20.00%)
- Clindamycin (1 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sunburn while taking Cephalexin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Sunburn
- support group for people who take Cephalexin
- support group for people who have Sunburn
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take nyquil if i'm on cephalexin
I"ve had a sore throat for 8 days, I'm taking cephalexin for an ear infection. My question is "can I take Nyquil for my throat when I' on cephalexin?"
- Mucous in stools rolling std jab
Hi there, I was recently diagnosed with Balanitis, a small white ulcer has appeared on my foreskin caused by the trauma of the condition.
I went to the ER for the problem, worrying that it maybe and std, the nurse and doctor there told me to keep the ulcer clean and to keep strong soaps away from it, but to be safe they gave me the std shot along with 4 tablets to take. The next morning and ever since, I have been experiencing bad nausea and what started with comstipation, has now turned into dhiarea, when I pass a stool which has some sort of solidity to it, it is coated in mucous. Alongside this. Every time I have food sitting in my stomach, I feel very sick to the stomach.
Just wondering if this is a side effect of the drug, or if I have some kind of candida which is reacting with the drugs?? I had the jab on Wednesday and felt Ill first thing in the morning the next day. This is the third day of the illness, but seems less extreme throughout the day.
Sorry for the graphic nature of this post, just wondering if anyone had any answers before I spent another small fortune at the doctors!
- Does onglyza cause easy sunburn
I started taking Onglyza about 8 months ago. In January I went to Cancun Mexico and after being in the sun (74 degrees)for no more than 20 minutes I had a bad sunburn. I usually tan with little burning. Could the drug have caused this?
- Can i take pepcid complete with keflex
Keflex is giving me an upset stomach. Can I take pepcid complete to help or is it contradicted with Keflex?
- Has anyone else acquired ecthyma as they were getting over henoch schonlein purpura?
My 11 year old daughter came down with Henoch Schonlein Purpura in September of 2013, following a sore throat. We thought maybe the throat is what caused the purpura, but she also had a black type of wound on her knee that could have very well been a spider bite, so we are not sure which of the two caused it. After months of battling and then horrid ulcers forming everywhere on her legs she was diagnosed with Henoch Schonlein Purpura with bullous hemorrhagic sores. I thought that it fit, but none of the pictures quite fit. So after going home and dealing with this and researching it for some time, we totally came to our own conclusion she did have HSP with Hemorrhagic Bullae, she had ecthyma, the pics and symptoms and way it healed all matched perfectly. Now most of them healed on their own leaving terrible, some crater type scarred areas and very dark in color. Pretty much deep brown/purple coloring in each healed ulcer. She also had necrotic tissue and eschars when the infection was at it's worst. So now the HSP has been long gone and it's now February of 2014 and she has one persistent ulcer that I am happy to report is finally making some progress, it was her largest one and it would shrink down to only needing a tiny band aid then get all the way back to half dollar size again. It is a vicious infection. At the children's hospital where she was admitted two different times for long periods of time, the learning docs were fascinated by her condition and not only the new docs but some really experienced veterans. When rounds took place, my daughter had an audience of 20-30 docs just in her room, so I know it's rare, for both to happen together. Anyhow, I just want to hear of anyone else who has even a nearly similar story! Is there anyone out there? As for the drug list, she is on nothing now. She was on all these interchanging while her infection was full blown. The ecthyma caused her so much pain, way more than the pain she felt from the HSP.She also never took the prednisone, it was given to have as a precaution if she had severe vomiting from the HSP. She never did. She did have blood in her stool. She just seems to have been sick so much since all this started, one cold after the other, she will complain her "pee" hurts one day and the next it will be okay. I just don't know which end is up for the kid and always worry about her kidneys because of the HSP. I am rambling now, any similarities? Someone please?
More questions for: Cephalexin, Sunburn
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Achilles tendon tear
At the end of my 10 day treatment time on Cephalexin 500 mg, I experience diarrhea, so I took acidophilus three times a day, and it went away. I also woke up with a Achilles ligament tear, with a bulge in the tendon, not a rupture. No changes in my daily routine, in regards to exercise, just swimming and walking.
- Cephalexin 500 mg caused allergic reaction (1 response)
I developed a rash that quickly turned to painful, itchy blistering after taking cephalexin 500mg capsules for only 2 days (the prescription was for 10 days). The rash was on my hands, legs, back, & arms. I was sent by my doctor to the hospital emergency room. diagnosed as an allergic reaction to cephalexin. treated with steroids & another antibiotic. this was one of the scariest episodes of my life. I hope people are reporting this type of problem.
More reviews for: Cephalexin, Sunburn
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- • Loose motions started on 11.9.1990. They were at first bulky 3 or 4 times a day. Iron tablets and other vitamins were discontinued
• Stay at the hospital was very traumatic. Diarrhea continued to get worse every day. Could eat only very soft rice and boiled vegetables I could not breathe. Cou ...
- While taking Acyclovir for 4 days notice my skin was getting red and swollen with rashes all over my neck and chest. Stop the use of the medication but the symptoms got worst and after 2 months off the medication I still get sun rash if expose to the sun for a few minutes.
- I have had to use a foley indwelling catheter for nearly 35 years and NEVER have I had a problem with it spontaneously leaking around it practically overnight. One day I was fine like all the days and weeks and years prior... then the next day I began to leak around the catheter and it has continue ...
- Took Keflex 500mg 5 doses and was unable to move right shoulder and hand and arm and left shoulder. Ended up in Emergency. 3 weeks later still having shoulder and wrist pain daily, with varying degrees of severity from mild to moderate pain.
- I was prescribed Cephalexin , 500 mg, to take for 7 days 3 times per day. On day 5 noticed swelling in the right feet, ankles were swollen a little .
Finished dose in 7 days, 3 days later - big swelling in both feet and in both ankles .More in feet
More related studies for: Cephalexin, Sunburn
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.