Home > Cephalexin > Type 2 diabetes mellitus > Cephalexin and Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Review: could Cephalexin cause Type 2 diabetes mellitus (Type 2 diabetes)?
Summary: Type 2 diabetes mellitus is found among people who take Cephalexin, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 7,318 people who have side effects while taking Cephalexin from FDA and social media. Among them, 142 have Type 2 diabetes mellitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Type 2 diabetes mellitus and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Type 2 diabetes mellitus >>>
Cephalexin (latest outcomes from 8,056 users) has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection.
Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Type 2 diabetes mellitus (latest reports from 220,836 patients) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, stress and anxiety, schizophrenia, sleep disorder.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 7,314 people reported to have side effects when taking Cephalexin. Among them, 142 people (1.94%) have Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
Time on Cephalexin when people have Type 2 diabetes mellitus * :
Gender of people who have Type 2 diabetes mellitus when taking Cephalexin * :
|Type 2 diabetes mellitus||41.26%||58.74% |
Age of people who have Type 2 diabetes mellitus when taking Cephalexin * :
|Type 2 diabetes mellitus||0.78%||0.00%||3.10%||4.65%||8.53%||23.26%||37.98%||21.71% |
Severity of Type 2 diabetes mellitus when taking Cephalexin ** :
How people recovered from Type 2 diabetes mellitus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (31 people, 21.83%)
- Sleep disorder (25 people, 17.61%)
- Bipolar disorder (24 people, 16.90%)
- Multiple myeloma (20 people, 14.08%)
- Metastases to bone (19 people, 13.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (63 people, 44.37%)
- Ambien (45 people, 31.69%)
- Lasix (42 people, 29.58%)
- Prilosec (39 people, 27.46%)
- Zometa (36 people, 25.35%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus while taking Cephalexin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- support group for people who take Cephalexin
- support group for people who have Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is rasberry ketone safe
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, COPD, TIA, and takes Sertraline, Aspirin, Simvastatin)
i had tia 2years ago is it safe to take rasbery ketone im on a diet
- Can i take nyquil if i'm on cephalexin
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Sore Throat, and takes Cephalexin)
I"ve had a sore throat for 8 days, I'm taking cephalexin for an ear infection. My question is "can I take Nyquil for my throat when I' on cephalexin?"
- Does xarelto contribute to extreme thinning of hair
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Dry Eyes, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Glimepiride, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Gabapentin, Pravastatin Sodium, Metformin, Lisinopril, Xarelto)
extreme hair thinning
inability to relieve dry eye symptoms (burning, feeling of foreign object in eyes
can anything be done to correct these eymptoms
- Mucous in stools rolling std jab
(Asked by a 22 year old man who has Diarrhoea Infectious, Nausea, Mucous In Stool, and takes Cephalexin)
Hi there, I was recently diagnosed with Balanitis, a small white ulcer has appeared on my foreskin caused by the trauma of the condition.
I went to the ER for the problem, worrying that it maybe and std, the nurse and doctor there told me to keep the ulcer clean and to keep strong soaps away fro ...
- Do dpp4 inhibitors increase cancer risk?
(Asked by a 55 year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, and takes Glimepiride, Lisinopril, Lipitor, Januvia)
Metabolic syndrome, ed, triglycerides untreated over 200, bp untreated 160/96, A1c untreated 9.
More questions for: Cephalexin, Type 2 diabetes mellitus
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Achilles tendon tear
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Left Achilles Ligiment Tear; Also Diarrhea , and takes Keflex)
At the end of my 10 day treatment time on Cephalexin 500 mg, I experience diarrhea, so I took acidophilus three times a day, and it went away. I also woke up with a Achilles ligament tear, with a bulge in the tendon, not a rupture. No changes in my daily routine, in regards to exercise, just swimm ...
- I experienced fatigue, muscle aches and twitches with asacol
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Microscopic Colitis, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, and takes Asacol Hd, Metformin)
Was taking 2 tablets 3x per day for a month and a half and began having muscle twitches, muscle and joint aches and fatigue severe enough people noticed I couldn't find correct words to finish my sentences. I stopped taking it and it has taken almost three weeks to feel human and energetic again. Pe ...
- Cephalexin 500 mg caused allergic reaction
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Reaction, and takes Cephalexin)
I developed a rash that quickly turned to painful, itchy blistering after taking cephalexin 500mg capsules for only 2 days (the prescription was for 10 days). The rash was on my hands, legs, back, & arms. I was sent by my doctor to the hospital emergency room. diagnosed as an allergic reaction to c ...
- Metformin, vision blurred
(Posted by a 55 year old woman who has Type 2 Diabetes)
My primary care physician prescribed Metformin for type 2 Diabetes. First pill caused "wobbly" then blurred vision within a half hour of taking. Asked doctor if I should stop taking the drug. She said no. Second pill doubled the blurring immediately. Long distance and middle vision (computer screen ...
More reviews for: Cephalexin, Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- A study of side effects of Cephalexin for a patient with Septecemia Because Of Septic Abortion. The patient has Diarrhea Associated With Medications Inj Ampicillin(550) 4 Vials, Inj Methergin I Amp , T. Toxoid, Flagyl (400) Inj Gentamycin(80), Ampicillin Capsules (500), Cephalexin (500), Inj Betnesol 1 Amp, In
Comments: • Loose motions started on 11.9.1990. They were at first bulky 3 or 4 times a day. Iron tablets and other vitamins were discontinued
• Stay at the hospital was very traumatic. Diarrhea continued to get worse every day. Could eat only very soft rice and boiled vegetables I could not breathe. Cou ...
- A study of side effects of Cephalexin for a patient with Tooth Abscess. The patient has Abdominal Tenderness
Comments: no loose stools or other side effects until 10th day of treatment.Pain has centralized to right lower quadrant.
- A study of drug interactions between Keflex, Keflex for a patient with Sinus Infection. The patient has Neuropathy - Peripheral
Comments: I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs for 2 months at least could cause this issue I was wondering about BOTH clindamycin and keflex
- A study of side effects of Cephalexin for a patient with Skin Infection - Bacterial. The patient has Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Stools - Black Or Tarry (black stool), Dizziness
Comments: 500 mg twice a day for 30 days.
- A study of drug interactions between Lasix, Cephalexin for a patient with Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Injection Site Reaction. The patient has Corneal Ulcers And Infections
Comments: swollen hand, open and scabbed sores on legs. smaller red dots all over top and bottom of legs,pain,swollen legs and feet, itching.
More related studies for: Cephalexin, Type 2 diabetes mellitus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.