Home > Cephalexin > Type 2 diabetes mellitus > Cephalexin and Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Review: could Cephalexin cause Type 2 diabetes mellitus (Type 2 diabetes)?
We study 7,314 people who have side effects while taking Cephalexin from FDA and social media. Among them, 142 have Type 2 diabetes mellitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Type 2 diabetes mellitus and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Type 2 diabetes mellitus >>>
Cephalexin (latest outcomes from 8,052 users) has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection.
Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Type 2 diabetes mellitus (latest reports from 220,851 patients) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, stress and anxiety, schizophrenia, sleep disorder.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 7,314 people reported to have side effects when taking Cephalexin. Among them, 142 people (1.94%) have Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
Time on Cephalexin when people have Type 2 diabetes mellitus * :
Gender of people who have Type 2 diabetes mellitus when taking Cephalexin * :
|Type 2 diabetes mellitus||41.26%||58.74% |
Age of people who have Type 2 diabetes mellitus when taking Cephalexin * :
|Type 2 diabetes mellitus||0.78%||0.00%||3.10%||4.65%||8.53%||23.26%||37.98%||21.71% |
Severity of Type 2 diabetes mellitus when taking Cephalexin ** :
How people recovered from Type 2 diabetes mellitus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (31 people, 21.83%)
- Sleep disorder (25 people, 17.61%)
- Bipolar disorder (24 people, 16.90%)
- Multiple myeloma (20 people, 14.08%)
- Metastases to bone (19 people, 13.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (63 people, 44.37%)
- Ambien (45 people, 31.69%)
- Lasix (42 people, 29.58%)
- Prilosec (39 people, 27.46%)
- Zometa (36 people, 25.35%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus while taking Cephalexin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- support group for people who take Cephalexin
- support group for people who have Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Cephalexin, Type 2 diabetes mellitus
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Achilles tendon tear
At the end of my 10 day treatment time on Cephalexin 500 mg, I experience diarrhea, so I took acidophilus three times a day, and it went away. I also woke up with a Achilles ligament tear, with a bulge in the tendon, not a rupture. No changes in my daily routine, in regards to exercise, just swimm ...
- I experienced fatigue, muscle aches and twitches with asacol
Was taking 2 tablets 3x per day for a month and a half and began having muscle twitches, muscle and joint aches and fatigue severe enough people noticed I couldn't find correct words to finish my sentences. I stopped taking it and it has taken almost three weeks to feel human and energetic again. Pe ...
More reviews for: Cephalexin, Type 2 diabetes mellitus
On eHealthMe, Cephalexin (cephalexin) is often used for infection. Find out below the conditions Cephalexin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Cephalexin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Cephalexin, Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Recent Cephalexin related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Cephalexin, Type 2 diabetes mellitus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zantac, Miralax for a 1-year old girl who has Reflux - Infants, Constipation (16 minutes ago)
- Myrbetriq, Estrace, Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole for a 67-year old woman who has Oab, Thinning Vaginal Walls, Hypothroidism, Barrett's Esophagus (58 minutes ago)
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Depression, PTSD (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Bell'S Palsy and Zoloft
- Multiple Sclerosis and Alopecia Universalis
- Mirena and Coagulopathy
- Slapped Cheek
- Abdominal Pain and Premarin
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (4 hours ago)
- Allegra (sanofi Aventis Us) 60mg
- Allegra Sanofi Aventis Us 60mg
- Renal Failure
- Dreams Bad
- Candesartan Cilexetil