Review: could Cephalexin cause Vision blurred?
Summary: Vision blurred is found among people who take Cephalexin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Metastases to bone.
We study 7,336 people who have side effects while taking Cephalexin from FDA and social media. Among them, 235 have Vision blurred. Find out below who they are, when they have Vision blurred and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Vision blurred >>>
Cephalexin has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from 8,077 Cephalexin users)
Vision blurred has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 48,528 Vision blurred patients)
On Apr, 21, 2015: 7,336 people reported to have side effects when taking Cephalexin. Among them, 235 people (3.20%) have Vision Blurred.
Time on Cephalexin when people have Vision blurred * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vision blurred||80.00%||10.00%||0.00%||0.00%||10.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Vision blurred when taking Cephalexin * :
|Vision blurred||63.41%||36.59% |
Age of people who have Vision blurred when taking Cephalexin * :
|Vision blurred||0.00%||0.00%||1.32%||9.65%||7.02%||20.18%||26.32%||35.53% |
Severity of Vision blurred when taking Cephalexin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Vision blurred||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Vision blurred ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Vision blurred||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (42 people, 17.87%)
- Pain (29 people, 12.34%)
- Breast cancer (27 people, 11.49%)
- Acne (19 people, 8.09%)
- Prophylaxis (18 people, 7.66%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (112 people, 47.66%)
- Aredia (78 people, 33.19%)
- Neurontin (74 people, 31.49%)
- Ambien (70 people, 29.79%)
- Aspirin (68 people, 28.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cephalexin and vision blurred on
Do you have Vision Blurred while taking Cephalexin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Vision Blurred
- support group for people who take Cephalexin
- support group for people who have Vision Blurred
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Hydromorphone Hydrochloride for a 35-year old woman with Endometrioma. The patient has Withdrawal From Opioids, Bladder Discomfort, Vision Blurred, Vision - Light Sensitive, Insomnia, Dehydration, Decreased Appetite, Skin Burning Sensation, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Spasms Of The Hands Or Feet, Muscle Spasms
- A study of drug interactions between Cephalexin, Elavil for a 15-year old boy with Acne And Teenagers, Complicated Migraine.
- A study of side effects of Cephalexin for a 17-year old boy with Bites - Insects, Bees, And Spiders. The patient has Depression, Suicidal Thoughts
- A study of drug interactions between Cephalexin, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 12-year old boy with Nail Infection, Depression. The patient has Stomach Pain, Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Lo/ovral-28, Metoprolol Succinate for a 50-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Birth Control, Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia (psvt). The patient has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Vision Blurred, Cluster Headaches, Migraine, Abdominal Pain Upper, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Muscle Twitching, Chest Pain, Joint Deposit, Chest Pressure Sensation
Recent Cephalexin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.