Review: could Cephalexin cause Vision blurred?
Summary: Vision blurred is found among people who take Cephalexin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Metastases to bone.
We study 7,322 people who have side effects while taking Cephalexin from FDA and social media. Among them, 235 have Vision blurred. Find out below who they are, when they have Vision blurred and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Vision blurred >>>
Cephalexin has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Cephalexin 8,061 users)
Vision blurred has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Vision blurred 48,523 patients)
On Dec, 4, 2014: 7,318 people reported to have side effects when taking Cephalexin. Among them, 235 people (3.21%) have Vision Blurred.
Time on Cephalexin when people have Vision blurred * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vision blurred||80.00%||10.00%||0.00%||0.00%||10.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Vision blurred when taking Cephalexin * :
|Vision blurred||63.41%||36.59% |
Age of people who have Vision blurred when taking Cephalexin * :
|Vision blurred||0.00%||0.00%||1.32%||9.65%||7.02%||20.18%||26.32%||35.53% |
Severity of Vision blurred when taking Cephalexin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Vision blurred||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Vision blurred ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Vision blurred||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (42 people, 17.87%)
- Pain (29 people, 12.34%)
- Breast cancer (27 people, 11.49%)
- Acne (19 people, 8.09%)
- Prophylaxis (18 people, 7.66%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (112 people, 47.66%)
- Aredia (78 people, 33.19%)
- Neurontin (74 people, 31.49%)
- Ambien (70 people, 29.79%)
- Aspirin (68 people, 28.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vision Blurred while taking Cephalexin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Vision Blurred
- support group for people who take Cephalexin
- support group for people who have Vision Blurred
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take nyquil if i'm on cephalexin
I"ve had a sore throat for 8 days, I'm taking cephalexin for an ear infection. My question is "can I take Nyquil for my throat when I' on cephalexin?"
- Mucous in stools rolling std jab
Hi there, I was recently diagnosed with Balanitis, a small white ulcer has appeared on my foreskin caused by the trauma of the condition.
I went to the ER for the problem, worrying that it maybe and std, the nurse and doctor there told me to keep the ulcer clean and to keep strong soaps away from it, but to be safe they gave me the std shot along with 4 tablets to take. The next morning and ever since, I have been experiencing bad nausea and what started with comstipation, has now turned into dhiarea, when I pass a stool which has some sort of solidity to it, it is coated in mucous. Alongside this. Every time I have food sitting in my stomach, I feel very sick to the stomach.
Just wondering if this is a side effect of the drug, or if I have some kind of candida which is reacting with the drugs?? I had the jab on Wednesday and felt Ill first thing in the morning the next day. This is the third day of the illness, but seems less extreme throughout the day.
Sorry for the graphic nature of this post, just wondering if anyone had any answers before I spent another small fortune at the doctors!
- Can i take pepcid complete with keflex
Keflex is giving me an upset stomach. Can I take pepcid complete to help or is it contradicted with Keflex?
- Has anyone else acquired ecthyma as they were getting over henoch schonlein purpura?
My 11 year old daughter came down with Henoch Schonlein Purpura in September of 2013, following a sore throat. We thought maybe the throat is what caused the purpura, but she also had a black type of wound on her knee that could have very well been a spider bite, so we are not sure which of the two caused it. After months of battling and then horrid ulcers forming everywhere on her legs she was diagnosed with Henoch Schonlein Purpura with bullous hemorrhagic sores. I thought that it fit, but none of the pictures quite fit. So after going home and dealing with this and researching it for some time, we totally came to our own conclusion she did have HSP with Hemorrhagic Bullae, she had ecthyma, the pics and symptoms and way it healed all matched perfectly. Now most of them healed on their own leaving terrible, some crater type scarred areas and very dark in color. Pretty much deep brown/purple coloring in each healed ulcer. She also had necrotic tissue and eschars when the infection was at it's worst. So now the HSP has been long gone and it's now February of 2014 and she has one persistent ulcer that I am happy to report is finally making some progress, it was her largest one and it would shrink down to only needing a tiny band aid then get all the way back to half dollar size again. It is a vicious infection. At the children's hospital where she was admitted two different times for long periods of time, the learning docs were fascinated by her condition and not only the new docs but some really experienced veterans. When rounds took place, my daughter had an audience of 20-30 docs just in her room, so I know it's rare, for both to happen together. Anyhow, I just want to hear of anyone else who has even a nearly similar story! Is there anyone out there? As for the drug list, she is on nothing now. She was on all these interchanging while her infection was full blown. The ecthyma caused her so much pain, way more than the pain she felt from the HSP.She also never took the prednisone, it was given to have as a precaution if she had severe vomiting from the HSP. She never did. She did have blood in her stool. She just seems to have been sick so much since all this started, one cold after the other, she will complain her "pee" hurts one day and the next it will be okay. I just don't know which end is up for the kid and always worry about her kidneys because of the HSP. I am rambling now, any similarities? Someone please?
- Can a kidney infection cause eye floaters
Can a kidney infection cause eye floaters?
More questions for: Cephalexin, Vision blurred
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Achilles tendon tear
At the end of my 10 day treatment time on Cephalexin 500 mg, I experience diarrhea, so I took acidophilus three times a day, and it went away. I also woke up with a Achilles ligament tear, with a bulge in the tendon, not a rupture. No changes in my daily routine, in regards to exercise, just swimming and walking.
- Blurred vision after ipratropium bromide
blurred vision after one day use I take only herbal supplements none known for invasive reactions
- Cephalexin 500 mg caused allergic reaction (1 response)
I developed a rash that quickly turned to painful, itchy blistering after taking cephalexin 500mg capsules for only 2 days (the prescription was for 10 days). The rash was on my hands, legs, back, & arms. I was sent by my doctor to the hospital emergency room. diagnosed as an allergic reaction to cephalexin. treated with steroids & another antibiotic. this was one of the scariest episodes of my life. I hope people are reporting this type of problem.
More reviews for: Cephalexin, Vision blurred
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- • Loose motions started on 11.9.1990. They were at first bulky 3 or 4 times a day. Iron tablets and other vitamins were discontinued
• Stay at the hospital was very traumatic. Diarrhea continued to get worse every day. Could eat only very soft rice and boiled vegetables I could not breathe. Cou ...
- Ortho-Novum is being taken to suppress ovulation in preparation for IVF. After 7 consecutive weeks, joint swelling and pain is substantial as are enlarged breasts and breast pain. x1 blurred vision lasting approx 45 minutes followed by severe migraine 4 weeks in. x1 pain from shoulder through hand l ...
- These three drugs have been discontinued abruptly I am experiencing blurred vision and moderate headaches. Could these be the cause. MRI and CT Scan of brain are normal and opthamologist can find nothing wrong.
- Naprosyn, Vicodin, Ativan and Prilosec are taken only on an as needed basis. Some of my symptoms are intermittent, and some are chronic. The though the medications may not completely rid me of a symptom (for example, depression or muscle pain), they do improve my condition enough to warrant their co ...
- Started taking Metformin about a month and half ago. In the past three weeks I started having blurred vision. I'm not sure if it is due to the medications or it's a different problem. I am also taking Lisinopril for high blood pressure.
More related studies for: Cephalexin, Vision blurred
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.