Home > Cephalexin > Wound infection > Cephalexin and Wound infection
Review: could Cephalexin cause Wound infection?
We study 7,314 people who have side effects while taking Cephalexin from FDA and social media. Among them, 46 have Wound infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Wound infection and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Wound infection >>>
Cephalexin (latest outcomes from 8,052 users) has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection.
Wound infection (latest reports from 21,773 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 7,314 people reported to have side effects when taking Cephalexin. Among them, 46 people (0.63%) have Wound Infection.
Time on Cephalexin when people have Wound infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Wound infection||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Wound infection when taking Cephalexin * :
|Wound infection||46.94%||53.06% |
Age of people who have Wound infection when taking Cephalexin * :
|Wound infection||0.00%||0.00%||9.52%||14.29%||2.38%||0.00%||21.43%||52.38% |
Severity of Wound infection when taking Cephalexin ** :
How people recovered from Wound infection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (8 people, 17.39%)
- Pain (6 people, 13.04%)
- Menstruation irregular (6 people, 13.04%)
- Vulvovaginal pruritus (6 people, 13.04%)
- Staphylococcal pharyngitis (6 people, 13.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Amoxicillin (16 people, 34.78%)
- Aspirin (15 people, 32.61%)
- Lipitor (15 people, 32.61%)
- Digoxin (12 people, 26.09%)
- Zometa (12 people, 26.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Wound Infection while taking Cephalexin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cephalexin and have Wound Infection
- support group for people who take Cephalexin
- support group for people who have Wound Infection
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take nyquil if i'm on cephalexin
I"ve had a sore throat for 8 days, I'm taking cephalexin for an ear infection. My question is "can I take Nyquil for my throat when I' on cephalexin?"
- Mucous in stools rolling std jab
Hi there, I was recently diagnosed with Balanitis, a small white ulcer has appeared on my foreskin caused by the trauma of the condition.
I went to the ER for the problem, worrying that it maybe and std, the nurse and doctor there told me to keep the ulcer clean and to keep strong soaps away fro ...
- Can i take pepcid complete with keflex
Keflex is giving me an upset stomach. Can I take pepcid complete to help or is it contradicted with Keflex?
- Has anyone else acquired ecthyma as they were getting over henoch schonlein purpura?
My 11 year old daughter came down with Henoch Schonlein Purpura in September of 2013, following a sore throat. We thought maybe the throat is what caused the purpura, but she also had a black type of wound on her knee that could have very well been a spider bite, so we are not sure which of the two ...
- Can a kidney infection cause eye floaters
Can a kidney infection cause eye floaters?
- Can cephalexin cause chronic muscle twitching?
On April 26, 2013 I was prescribed Cephalexin for an infection in my nose. Towards the end of the 7 day prescription I noticed that I had muscle twitching in my eyes, hands, stomach and legs. By the 7th day, I was cramping badly in my calves, feet and hands. After stopping the medication, the con ...
- I am taking cephalexin for uti . after 7 days everything is negative except wbc's on dip strip. why?
uti is gone after cehalexin course , but only wbc's still show on test strip
- Can cephalexin cause jellyfish? if so where in the body? can a person swallow jellyfish polyps and become infested? can jellyfish live in people? what symptoms do they.cause?
Passed jellyfish with tentacles in urine
- Abscess tooth causing hallucinations
- Does keflex affect lexapro?
Lexapro is taken orally, 20mg at night. Keflex is taken 3 times a day, 500mg each.
More questions for: Cephalexin, Wound infection
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Achilles tendon tear
At the end of my 10 day treatment time on Cephalexin 500 mg, I experience diarrhea, so I took acidophilus three times a day, and it went away. I also woke up with a Achilles ligament tear, with a bulge in the tendon, not a rupture. No changes in my daily routine, in regards to exercise, just swimm ...
- Cephalexin 500 mg caused allergic reaction
I developed a rash that quickly turned to painful, itchy blistering after taking cephalexin 500mg capsules for only 2 days (the prescription was for 10 days). The rash was on my hands, legs, back, & arms. I was sent by my doctor to the hospital emergency room. diagnosed as an allergic reaction to c ...
More reviews for: Cephalexin, Wound infection
On eHealthMe, Cephalexin (cephalexin) is often used for infection. Find out below the conditions Cephalexin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Cephalexin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Cephalexin, Wound infection
Recent Cephalexin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Keflex, Bactrim for a 41-year old woman who has UTI - Chronic Or Recurrent
- Comparions of Cephalexin, Indapamide for a 62-year old woman who has Uterine Infection
- Comparions of Zofran, Keflex for a 18-year old girl who has Gastritis
- Comparions of Cephalexin, Nitrofurantoin for a 63-year old woman who has Foetal Warfarin Syndrome
- Comparions of Keflex, Levaquin for a 70-year old man who has Pro-time
- Comparions of Cephalexin, Nitrofurantoin for a 30-year old man who has Wound - Cut Or Puncture
- Comparions of Minocycline Hydrochloride, Cephalexin for a 43-year old man who has Prescribed
- Comparions of Cephalexin, Ceftin for a 15-year old girl who has Acne
- Comparions of Keflex, Levaquin for a 42-year old woman who has Sinus Congestion
- Comparions of Heparin Sodium, Cephalexin, Diclofenac Potassium, Perindopril Erbumine, Spironolactone for a 72-year old man who has Cardiac Failure Congestive
More related comparison studies for: Cephalexin, Wound infection
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.