Cephalexin and Wound infection - from FDA reports
Wound infection is found among people who take Cephalexin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lipitor, and have Metastases to bone. This review analyzes which people have Wound infection with Cephalexin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,031 people who have side effects when taking Cephalexin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 26, 2017
11,031 people reported to have side effects when taking Cephalexin.
Among them, 57 people (0.52%) have Wound infection
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Cephalexin when people have Wound infection *:
- < 1 month: 80 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Wound infection when taking Cephalexin *:
- female: 47.37 %
- male: 52.63 %
Age of people who have Wound infection when taking Cephalexin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 8.51 %
- 20-29: 6.38 %
- 30-39: 2.13 %
- 40-49: 2.13 %
- 50-59: 23.4 %
- 60+: 57.45 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Bone (9 people, 15.79%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (6 people, 10.53%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (5 people, 8.77%)
- Multiple Myeloma (4 people, 7.02%)
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (3 people, 5.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lipitor (15 people, 26.32%)
- Zometa (14 people, 24.56%)
- Aredia (14 people, 24.56%)
- Amoxicillin (14 people, 24.56%)
- Cytoxan (13 people, 22.81%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (26 people, 45.61%)
- Anaemia (22 people, 38.60%)
- Stress And Anxiety (20 people, 35.09%)
- Breathing Difficulty (19 people, 33.33%)
- Depression (18 people, 31.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Wound infection when taking Cephalexin?
- Check symptoms - is wound infection caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsWound infection and drugs with ingredients of cephalexin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeWound infection and Cephalexin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Cephalexin has active ingredients of cephalexin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Cephalexin 12,230 users)
Wound infection has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain (latest reports from 5,905 Wound infection patients).
Browse all side effects of Cephalexina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Wound infectionWound infection
Could your condition cause Wound infectionWound infection
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Daughter aged 20 was put on antibiotics for a throat infection and since then, her pressure has been in the range of 80/56 and 80/60. She is also aenemic for many years. She puked badly last night and almost fainted. Is this cause for worry? Please advise what action should be taken. Thank you
I have been on multiple rounds of antibiotics for bladder infections and have developed this burning that is getting worse. This has been going on for about 8 or 9 months. It is getting unbearable and none of the doctors I've seen know what it is. Tried Neurontin (300 mg) and it didn't phase ...
User reviews to the study
I Found this group searching for side effects of cephlaxin, I have been taking 500 mg every 8 Hours and have never felt so strung out and jittery! Looking for people with similar experience with this!
I developed an ear infection at the beginning of April. Went to urgent care after about a week of trying to deal with it on my own. Ear swelled up and had lots of weeping. Put on cephalexin. After 8 days I developed hives on arms and was told to take benadryl. The next day I had what I ...