Review: could Cetirizine cause Acid reflux?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 7, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.0/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 1,790 people who take Cetirizine. Among them, 3 have Acid reflux. See who they are, when they have Acid reflux and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Cetirizine hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 2,401 users) has active ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies, allergic rhinitis. Commonly reported side effects of Cetirizine hydrochloride include nausea aggravated, nausea, itching, fever, fatigue.
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) (latest reports from 43,317 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, acupuncture and pain, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Feb, 27, 2014: 1,707 people reported to have side effects when taking Cetirizine hydrochloride. Among them, 3 people (0.18%) have Acid Reflux.
Time on Cetirizine hydrochloride when people have Acid reflux * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Acid reflux||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33% |
Gender of people who have Acid reflux when taking Cetirizine hydrochloride * :
|Acid reflux||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Acid reflux when taking Cetirizine hydrochloride * :
|Acid reflux||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00% |
Severity of Acid reflux when taking Cetirizine hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Acid reflux||33.33%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Acid reflux ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Acid reflux||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Migraine (2 people, 66.67%)
- Nasal congestion (1 people, 33.33%)
- Gastrointestinal upset (1 people, 33.33%)
- Pain (1 people, 33.33%)
- Asthma aggravated (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cetirizine hydrochloride allergy (2 people, 66.67%)
- Melatonin (1 people, 33.33%)
- Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride (1 people, 33.33%)
- Extra strength tylenol - 500mg (1 people, 33.33%)
- Clemastine fumarate (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Cetirizine hydrochloride, Acid reflux
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Cetirizine Hydrochloride (cetirizine hydrochloride) is often used for allergies. Find out below the conditions Cetirizine Hydrochloride is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Cetirizine Hydrochloride used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Cetirizine hydrochloride side effects from A to Z:
Browse Cetirizine hydrochloride drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
Trying to figure out if my symptoms are related to medications I am taking or due to chronic fatigue syndrome which I have been diagnosed with and maybe fibromyalgia or lumbar stenosis or MS.
From this study (4 months ago):
GI upset, elevated sgpt, intermittant epigastric pain
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Cetirizine hydrochloride, Acid reflux
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Tiredness on citalopram and cetirizine
Extreme tiredness......sleep more sleep and slight confusion when I wake...like a zombie mode switched on inside my head ...all I can do is yawn and sleep not good when your a busy mum
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
More reviews for: Cetirizine hydrochloride, Acid reflux
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Mucinex Dm, Unisom, Zyrtec Allergy, Promethazine, Omeprazole; Sodium Bicarbonate, Bystolic, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Xanax, Halcion, Wellbutrin Xl, Cymbalta, Nuvigil for a patient with Muscle Spasms, Allergy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Sinus Headache, Nevus Araneus, Gerd, High Blood Pressure, Pain - Back, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Insomnia, Depression, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The patient has Knee Pain, Neck Pain, Sudden Forgetfulness (Memory loss), Panic Attacks (Panic disorder), Anxiety Disorder (Generalized anxiety disorder), Chronic Depression (Dysthymia), Restless Legs Syndrome (Restless leg syndrome), Nail Picking, Fever, Headache, Early Morning Joint Stiffness, Heartburn - Chronic (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), Weight Loss - Unintentional (Weight Decreased), Loss Of Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Numbness And Tingling, Pain - Back (Back pain - low), Neaseous
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Losartan, Lipitor for a patient with Hypercholesterolemia, Seasonal Allergy, Hypertension. The patient has Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease)
More related studies for: Cetirizine hydrochloride, Acid reflux
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.