Review: could Cetirizine hydrochloride cause Acid reflux (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
Summary: Acid reflux is reported only by a few people who take Cetirizine hydrochloride.
We study 1,903 people who have side effects while taking Cetirizine hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Acid reflux. Find out below who they are, when they have Acid reflux and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cetirizine hydrochloride and have Acid reflux >>>
Cetirizine hydrochloride has active ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from 2,473 Cetirizine hydrochloride users)
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 19,207 Acid reflux patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 1,903 people reported to have side effects when taking Cetirizine hydrochloride. Among them, 3 people (0.16%) have Acid Reflux.
Time on Cetirizine hydrochloride when people have Acid reflux * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Acid reflux||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33% |
Gender of people who have Acid reflux when taking Cetirizine hydrochloride * :
|Acid reflux||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Acid reflux when taking Cetirizine hydrochloride * :
|Acid reflux||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00% |
Severity of Acid reflux when taking Cetirizine hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Acid reflux||33.33%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Acid reflux ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Acid reflux||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Migraine (2 people, 66.67%)
- Nasal congestion (1 people, 33.33%)
- Gastrointestinal upset (1 people, 33.33%)
- Pain (1 people, 33.33%)
- Asthma aggravated (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cetirizine hydrochloride allergy (2 people, 66.67%)
- Melatonin (1 people, 33.33%)
- Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride (1 people, 33.33%)
- Extra strength tylenol - 500mg (1 people, 33.33%)
- Clemastine fumarate (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cetirizine hydrochloride and acid reflux on
Do you have Acid Reflux while taking Cetirizine Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Cetirizine hydrochloride and have Acid Reflux
- support group for people who take Cetirizine hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Acid Reflux
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Zyrtec, Valium for a 57-year old woman with Depression, Nasal Allergies, Meniere's Disease. The patient has Slurred Speech
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Miralax, Zyrtec Allergy, Aspirin, Prempro, Lunesta, Zoloft, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 54-year old woman with Asthma, Constipation, Allergy, Heart Attack, Menopause Hot Flashes, Insomnia, Depression, Hypertension. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Exforge Hct for a 49-year old man with GERD, Hbp. The patient has Gerd, Hbp
- A study of drug interactions between Ginkgo Biloba, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Armour Thyroid, Plaquenil, Benicar for a 68-year old woman with Blood Thinner, Allergy, Hypothyroidism, Pml, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Itchy Rash On Arms And Chest
- A study of drug interactions between Aciphex, Ferrous Citrate Fe 59 for a 16-year old girl with Reflux Gastritis, Iron Deficiency. The patient has Eczema Nummular, Cold Intolerance, Hyposomnia, Heartburn
Recent Cetirizine hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.