Review: could Cetirizine hydrochloride cause Bad dreams (Nightmares)?
Summary: Bad dreams is found among people who take Cetirizine hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Fluticasone propionate, and have Depression.
We study 1,903 people who have side effects while taking Cetirizine hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 11 have Bad dreams. Find out below who they are, when they have Bad dreams and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cetirizine hydrochloride and have Bad dreams >>>
Cetirizine hydrochloride has active ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from 2,473 Cetirizine hydrochloride users)
Bad dreams (unpleasant dreams) has been reported by people with quit smoking, depression, stress and anxiety, pain, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 14,339 Bad dreams patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 1,903 people reported to have side effects when taking Cetirizine hydrochloride. Among them, 11 people (0.58%) have Bad Dreams.
Time on Cetirizine hydrochloride when people have Bad dreams * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bad dreams||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Bad dreams when taking Cetirizine hydrochloride * :
|Bad dreams||9.09%||90.91% |
Age of people who have Bad dreams when taking Cetirizine hydrochloride * :
|Bad dreams||0.00%||30.00%||0.00%||10.00%||10.00%||10.00%||0.00%||40.00% |
Severity of Bad dreams when taking Cetirizine hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bad dreams||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Bad dreams ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (3 people, 27.27%)
- Dyspepsia (3 people, 27.27%)
- Hypertension (3 people, 27.27%)
- Asthma (3 people, 27.27%)
- Sleep disorder (3 people, 27.27%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fluticasone propionate (4 people, 36.36%)
- Singulair (4 people, 36.36%)
- Lorazepam (3 people, 27.27%)
- Omeprazole (3 people, 27.27%)
- Lisinopril and hydrochlorothiazide (3 people, 27.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cetirizine hydrochloride and bad dreams on
Do you have Bad Dreams while taking Cetirizine Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Cetirizine hydrochloride and have Bad Dreams
- support group for people who take Cetirizine hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Bad Dreams
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Zyrtec, Valium for a 57-year old woman with Depression, Nasal Allergies, Meniere's Disease. The patient has Slurred Speech
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Miralax, Zyrtec Allergy, Aspirin, Prempro, Lunesta, Zoloft, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 54-year old woman with Asthma, Constipation, Allergy, Heart Attack, Menopause Hot Flashes, Insomnia, Depression, Hypertension. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting
- A study of drug interactions between Ginkgo Biloba, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Armour Thyroid, Plaquenil, Benicar for a 68-year old woman with Blood Thinner, Allergy, Hypothyroidism, Pml, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Itchy Rash On Arms And Chest
- A study of side effects of Zyrtec for a 1-year old boy with Rhinitis. The patient has Hair Growth Abnormal, Swollen Tear Duct (swelling of tear duct in eye), Watery Eyes (excess tearing from eye)
- A study of drug interactions between Singulair, Zyrtec, Mucinex, Centrum Silver, Tekturna, Travatan Z for a 55-year old woman with Nasal Allergies, Enzyme Supplementation, Hypertension, Glaucoma. The patient has Vertigo, Hearing Loss
Recent Cetirizine hydrochloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.