Review: could Cetirizine cause Impaired memory?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 5, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.2/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 1,790 people who take Cetirizine. Among them, 19 have Impaired memory. See who they are, when they have Impaired memory and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Cetirizine hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 2,401 users) has active ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies, allergic rhinitis. Commonly reported side effects of Cetirizine hydrochloride include nausea aggravated, nausea, itching, fever, fatigue.
Impaired memory (latest reports from 457,252 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, pain relief by acupuncture.
On Feb, 23, 2014: 1,707 people reported to have side effects when taking Cetirizine hydrochloride. Among them, 18 people (1.05%) have Impaired Memory.
Time on Cetirizine hydrochloride when people have Impaired memory * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Impaired memory||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||22.22%||33.33%||11.11% |
Gender of people who have Impaired memory when taking Cetirizine hydrochloride * :
|Impaired memory||90.91%||9.09% |
Age of people who have Impaired memory when taking Cetirizine hydrochloride * :
|Impaired memory||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||35.71%||28.57%||21.43% |
Severity of Impaired memory when taking Cetirizine hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Impaired memory||11.11%||55.56%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Impaired memory ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Impaired memory||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Asthma (4 people, 22.22%)
- Vitamin supplementation (4 people, 22.22%)
- Convulsion (3 people, 16.67%)
- Anxiety disorder (2 people, 11.11%)
- Health (2 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vit-d (6 people, 33.33%)
- Diovan (6 people, 33.33%)
- Fortical (6 people, 33.33%)
- Amitriptyline hcl (6 people, 33.33%)
- Reclast (6 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Cetirizine hydrochloride, Impaired memory
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Cetirizine Hydrochloride (cetirizine hydrochloride) is often used for allergies. Find out below the conditions Cetirizine Hydrochloride is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Cetirizine Hydrochloride used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Cetirizine hydrochloride side effects from A to Z:
Browse Cetirizine hydrochloride drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
Trying to figure out if my symptoms are related to medications I am taking or due to chronic fatigue syndrome which I have been diagnosed with and maybe fibromyalgia or lumbar stenosis or MS.
From this study (1 year ago):
I have taken Zyrtec and citalopram for more than a year with no side-effects. After 1 cycle of prednisone, I had moderate insomnia and minor confusion and short-term memory loss. After the second cycle of prednison, and the addition of tramadol, fluocinonide, antivert, and ondansetron, the short term memory loss, insomnia, and confusion were markedly worse (severe).
From this study (2 years ago):
Been taking Sam's club brand for over 2 years on and off, just recently symptom started. Just wasnt able to recall information . Stopped taking cetirizine and symptom went away.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Cetirizine hydrochloride, Impaired memory
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Epipen and memory loss
I have been constantly injected with epipen which has caused severe memory loss.
- Tiredness on citalopram and cetirizine
Extreme tiredness......sleep more sleep and slight confusion when I wake...like a zombie mode switched on inside my head ...all I can do is yawn and sleep not good when your a busy mum
- Tamiflu on an 88 year old lady
My mother, Mrs. Bea, is currently in the hospital. We came due to her CHF but little did we know that the recent digestion of Tamiflu due to pre-Flu like conditions would have us in ICU. My mother has CHF and some renal failure but never any memory loss. When we entered the hospital via theER we wer ...
More reviews for: Cetirizine hydrochloride, Impaired memory
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Mucinex Dm, Unisom, Zyrtec Allergy, Promethazine, Omeprazole; Sodium Bicarbonate, Bystolic, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Xanax, Halcion, Wellbutrin Xl, Cymbalta, Nuvigil for a patient with Muscle Spasms, Allergy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Sinus Headache, Nevus Araneus, Gerd, High Blood Pressure, Pain - Back, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Insomnia, Depression, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The patient has Knee Pain, Neck Pain, Sudden Forgetfulness (Memory loss), Panic Attacks (Panic disorder), Anxiety Disorder (Generalized anxiety disorder), Chronic Depression (Dysthymia), Restless Legs Syndrome (Restless leg syndrome), Nail Picking, Fever, Headache, Early Morning Joint Stiffness, Heartburn - Chronic (Gastroesophageal reflux disease), Weight Loss - Unintentional (Weight Decreased), Loss Of Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Numbness And Tingling, Pain - Back (Back pain - low), Neaseous
- A study of drug interactions between Ondansetron Hydrochloride, Meclizine Hydrochloride, Tramadol Hydrochloride, Zyrtec Allergy, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Fluocinonide for a patient with Nausea, Vertigo, Ear Pain, Allergic Sinusitis, Anxiety, Seborrhoea In Ear. The patient has Confusion, Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Constipation
- A study of side effects of Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy for a patient with Seasonal Allergy. The patient has Long-term Memory Loss
More related studies for: Cetirizine hydrochloride, Impaired memory
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.