Review: could Chantix cause Blood pressure increased (High blood pressure)?
Summary: Blood pressure increased is found among people who take Chantix, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lisinopril, and have Quit smoking.
We study 63,206 people who have side effects while taking Chantix from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,477 have Blood pressure increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood pressure increased and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Chantix and have Blood pressure increased >>>
Chantix has active ingredients of varenicline tartrate. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from 64,443 Chantix users)
Blood pressure increased
Blood pressure increased has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain. (latest reports from 329,635 Blood pressure increased patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 63,206 people reported to have side effects when taking Chantix. Among them, 1,477 people (2.34%) have Blood Pressure Increased.
Time on Chantix when people have Blood pressure increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood pressure increased||57.86%||33.78%||4.35%||1.67%||2.34%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Blood pressure increased when taking Chantix * :
|Blood pressure increased||67.14%||32.86% |
Age of people who have Blood pressure increased when taking Chantix * :
|Blood pressure increased||0.00%||0.00%||0.17%||1.56%||6.14%||23.70%||37.72%||30.71% |
Severity of Blood pressure increased when taking Chantix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blood pressure increased||20.00%||60.00%||20.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Blood pressure increased ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Blood pressure increased||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (1,263 people, 85.51%)
- Hypertension (349 people, 23.63%)
- Diabetes mellitus (148 people, 10.02%)
- Pain (124 people, 8.40%)
- Anxiety (93 people, 6.30%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (188 people, 12.73%)
- Xanax (185 people, 12.53%)
- Prilosec (157 people, 10.63%)
- Simvastatin (150 people, 10.16%)
- Zocor (135 people, 9.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Chantix and blood pressure increased on
Do you have Blood Pressure Increased while taking Chantix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Chantix and have Blood Pressure Increased
- support group for people who take Chantix
- support group for people who have Blood Pressure Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Mydriacyl for a 38-year old woman with Eye Exam - Standard. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Qsymia, Fetzima for a 46-year old man with Weight Loss, Depression. The patient has Tremor, Confusion, Dialated Pupils, Diaphoresis, Palpation, Insomnia, Hypertension
- A study of drug interactions between Azithromycin, Methylprednisolone for a 52-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Upper Respiratory Tract Inflammation. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Back Pain - Low, Diarrhea Associated With Medications, Insomnia, Headache - Migraine Without Aura
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Doxylamine Succinate, Zoloft for a 49-year old woman with Nerve Pain, Insomnia, Depression. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Exforge Hct for a 49-year old man with GERD, Hbp. The patient has Gerd, Hbp
Recent Chantix related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Chantix, Buspar, Celexa for a 37-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Loestrin Fe 1/20, Chantix for a 35-year old woman who has Prescriptions - How To Fill
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Baclofen, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Fentanyl, Chantix for a 53-year old woman who has Quit Smoking
- Comparions of Chantix, Effexor Xr for a 52-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Bupropion Hydrochloride, Chantix, Wellbutrin Sr for a 26-year old man who has Smoking And Smokeless Tobacco
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.