Chantix and Bronchitis - from FDA reports
Bronchitis is found among people who take Chantix, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Albuterol, and have Quit smoking. This review analyzes which people have Bronchitis with Chantix. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 74,938 people who have side effects when taking Chantix from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 13, 2017
74,938 people reported to have side effects when taking Chantix.
Among them, 494 people (0.66%) have Bronchitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Chantix when people have Bronchitis *:
- < 1 month: 48.72 %
- 1 - 6 months: 43.59 %
- 6 - 12 months: 3.42 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.42 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.85 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Bronchitis when taking Chantix *:
- female: 73.49 %
- male: 26.51 %
Age of people who have Bronchitis when taking Chantix *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.31 %
- 30-39: 4.39 %
- 40-49: 19.12 %
- 50-59: 36.36 %
- 60+: 39.81 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Quit Smoking (285 people, 57.69%)
- Pain (56 people, 11.34%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (46 people, 9.31%)
- High Blood Pressure (45 people, 9.11%)
- Depression (40 people, 8.10%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Albuterol (103 people, 20.85%)
- Spiriva (89 people, 18.02%)
- Advair Diskus 100/50 (78 people, 15.79%)
- Prilosec (65 people, 13.16%)
- Prednisone (63 people, 12.75%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (171 people, 34.62%)
- Breathing Difficulty (161 people, 32.59%)
- Stress And Anxiety (147 people, 29.76%)
- Fatigue (129 people, 26.11%)
- Pain (121 people, 24.49%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bronchitis when taking Chantix?
Chantix has active ingredients of varenicline tartrate. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from Chantix 76,910 users)
Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, asthma, high blood pressure (latest reports from 57,755 Bronchitis patients).