Home > Chantix > Constipation > Chantix and Constipation
Review: could Chantix cause Constipation?
We study 63,179 people who have side effects while taking Chantix from FDA and social media. Among them, 2,180 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Chantix and have Constipation >>>
Chantix (latest outcomes from 64,412 users) has active ingredients of varenicline tartrate. It is often used in quit smoking.
Constipation (latest reports from 515,372 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 63,179 people reported to have side effects when taking Chantix. Among them, 2,180 people (3.45%) have Constipation.
Time on Chantix when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Chantix * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Chantix * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Chantix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (1,865 people, 85.55%)
- Hypertension (196 people, 8.99%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (161 people, 7.39%)
- Depression (158 people, 7.25%)
- Pain (124 people, 5.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (182 people, 8.35%)
- Acetylsalicylic acid (176 people, 8.07%)
- Xanax (138 people, 6.33%)
- All other therapeutic products (131 people, 6.01%)
- Nexium (117 people, 5.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Constipation while taking Chantix?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Chantix and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Chantix
- support group for people who have Constipation
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
guarana is part of the multivitamin
From this study (3 years ago):
Linda on Apr, 4, 2012:
I took one Chantix and within 2 hours I started feeling weird. Later that day my daughter called EMS because I started twitching in my legs and arms. it was crazy just could not control them. well after a visit to the ER i found out i had a reaction to the chantix. I also have Multiple scloris for 16 years. I take xanax, lexapro, baclofen and provigil. Doctors seem to think it was a reaction to the provgil. just thought I would post so no one else goes through this. BE CAREFUL!!
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Chantix, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation...
MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!!
As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!!
I stop ...
- Really works to quit smoking
Works great for quitting smoking! The first few weeks you dream in technicolor just like an anti depressant but then that goes away. The only side effect I had was constipation but it was a small price to pay for quitting after 37 years a smoker! I tried hypnotism, patches, etc. but this really work ...
More reviews for: Chantix, Constipation
On eHealthMe, Chantix (varenicline tartrate) is often used for quit smoking. Find out below the conditions Chantix is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Chantix used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Klonopin, Albuterol Sulfate, Amlodipine Besylate, Losartan Potassium, Xarelto, Phenergan for a 50-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Wheezing , Hypertension , Pulmonary Artery Thrombosis, Nausea (7 minutes ago)
- Prilosec, Paxil for a 49-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder (50 minutes ago)
- Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 58-year old woman who has Numbness And Tingling (55 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Vomiting and Fibromyalgia
- Enbrel and Bone Fragmentation
- Topamax and Localised Osteoarthritis
- Gout and Metolazone
- Omeprazole and Urine Odor
Recent user comments
- "High Blood pressure
Pulmonary Embolism approximately ... " (9 minutes ago)
- "lips have been sort of numb and eyes feel like they a ... " (57 minutes ago)
- "Started using omeprazole 2 months ago. Just noticed s ... " (2 hours ago)
- Uterine Enlargement
- Penta Tea