Review: could Chantix cause Heartburn - chronic (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
Summary: Heartburn - chronic is found among people who take Chantix, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Spiriva, and have Polycystic ovaries.
We study 63,191 people who have side effects while taking Chantix from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Heartburn - chronic. Find out below who they are, when they have Heartburn - chronic and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Chantix and have Heartburn - chronic >>>
Chantix has active ingredients of varenicline tartrate. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from Chantix 64,427 users)
Heartburn - chronic
Heartburn - chronic (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, pain, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Heartburn - chronic 10,551 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 63,184 people reported to have side effects when taking Chantix. Among them, 10 people (0.02%) have Heartburn - Chronic.
Time on Chantix when people have Heartburn - chronic * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heartburn - chronic||20.00%||0.00%||20.00%||60.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Heartburn - chronic when taking Chantix * :
|Heartburn - chronic||70.00%||30.00% |
Age of people who have Heartburn - chronic when taking Chantix * :
|Heartburn - chronic||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||71.43%||14.29%||14.29%||0.00% |
Severity of Heartburn - chronic when taking Chantix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heartburn - chronic||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Heartburn - chronic ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Polycystic ovaries (3 people, 30.00%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (2 people, 20.00%)
- Sleep disorder therapy (2 people, 20.00%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 10.00%)
- Pain (1 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Spiriva (4 people, 40.00%)
- Nexium (3 people, 30.00%)
- Drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol (3 people, 30.00%)
- Yaz (3 people, 30.00%)
- Klonopin (2 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Heartburn - Chronic while taking Chantix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Chantix and have Heartburn - Chronic
- support group for people who take Chantix
- support group for people who have Heartburn - Chronic
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Did you have a heart fibrillations and anxiety and depression
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Heartburn - Chronic, and takes Omeprazole)
I was a pretty calm and relaxed person until I started omeprazole which after taking it for about 2 weeks,I didn't realize that I was stressing and having anxiety due to this drug. but it kept taking it . I got worse and worse every time I tried to do something I would get terrible anxiety and depr ...
- Cymbalta r/t autonomic neuropathy
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Stomach Pains, GERD, Fatique, Constipation, Dizzness, Early Satiety)
losartan 20 mg
tired all the time, dizziness, chronic constipation, stomach pains, pins and needles, diabetic type 2 hx alcoholism resolved, gerd, early satiety
- I was jut diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis. i called my doctor's office today to ask what otc pain reliever i could take for joint pain. the nurse said i should take only tylenol. is this correct?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has GERD, Autoimmune Hepatitis, and takes Protonix)
Information on the web says Tylenol is known to cause autoimmune hepatitis. I am concerned that my doctor's nurse had instructed me to take it. I was hoping it would be safe to take Alive.
- How many people suffered by gastro intestianal upset by taking paliperidone palmitate?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has GERD, and takes Invega Sustenna)
paliperidone and antacid combonation used??
can anybody tell these combination is apprpriate to take??
details about palaiperidone palmita?
advere effects of paliperidone palmitate?
- I am suffering from gerd, should i continue my pantoprazole medicines of shall i go for surgery.. i have to eat medicine twice a week
(Asked by a 27 year old man who has GERD, and takes Rabeprazole, Pantoprazole)
I am 26, unmarried & a salesperson, i drive almost 100km a day(4 hours) , i spend most of time sitting in the car or in the office. I have the heartburn issue(GERD) & from last 6 months as consulted by doctor i am taking Pantoprazole medicines. 1 tablet effect last for 3 days. Now should i go ...
More questions for: Chantix, Heartburn - chronic
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Loss of voice and stomach issues
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has REFLUX, LOSS OF VOICE, Now Diagnosed With DES, LRP, DYSPHONIA, and takes HCTZ, Clindamycin)
Prescribed to take 2 - 300 mg tablets of Clindamycin prior to dental procedure to to knee implant done a month and half before dental procedure. Took two pills one hour prior and immediate severe burning of throat, esophagous and stomach with constant nausea. Still have symptons - ie loss of voice ...
- Nexium improves my constipation
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Constipation, GERD, and takes Lyrica, Methadone Hydrochloride, Lipitor)
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Heartburn, Nausea, Heart Palpitations)
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well.
The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok.
From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of he ...
- Prednisone side effects (1 response)
(Posted by a 25 year old woman who has Headache, Anxiety, Heartburn, Blurred Vision, Nausea, and takes Prednisone)
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
More reviews for: Chantix, Heartburn - chronic
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Percocet, Chantix for a patient with Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Back Injury, Stop Smoking. The patient has Sweating Increased
Comments: I was on Chantix for the "allotted" time through the Air Force. It was not long enough so I stopped taking it (sweating stopped) After about 3 months, I was able to get Chantix through the mail from the military and as soon as I reached a stable blood level (I'm assuming it was because of the level ...
- A study of side effects of Chantix for a patient with Stop Smoking. The patient has Coughing Up Blood
Comments: I was administered an immunization D tap shot, along with prescription for chantix on the same visit. Starting chantix the next day. This was a Wednesday by Monday I became very ill with a severe dry hacking cough. Pressure in my eyes, felt tired, tried antibiotics and no relief. Day 10 of chantix, ...
- A study of side effects of Oxybutynin Chloride for a patient with Spinal Cord Injury Cervical. The patient has Abdominal Bloating (feeling of tightness around abdomen), Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease), Burping (noisily release air from the stomach through the mouth), Acid Reflux (stomach acids rise up)
Comments: I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ago my stomach seemingly stopped being able to digest food well. Symptoms include acid reflux/GERD, belching, abdominal bloating, increased spasms, and severely decreased sleep. UCSF, Stanford, and gastroenterologists have not been able to diagnose ...
- A study of drug interactions between Savella, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection, Acid Reflux
Comments: I have been experiencing reoccurring UTI's and now have symptoms of acid reflux. I started taking Savella about 2 years ago. So I am trying to determine if these symptoms could be being caused by the medications.
- A study of drug interactions between Sumatriptan, Lunesta, Soma, Klonopin, Percocet for a patient with Migraine, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Muscle Rigidity, Anxiety, Moderated To Severe Pain. The patient has Acid Reflux
Comments: I just started taking the Percocet and the Klonopin. I have taken Klonopin before and have never noticed the Acid Reflux. Whilst I have had Acid Reflux in the past, Omeprazole has always cleared it up if taken daily. Omeprazole and other medications like it are doing nothing, even with the addition ...
More related studies for: Chantix, Heartburn - chronic
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.