Review: could Chantix cause Heartburn - chronic (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
Summary: Heartburn - chronic is found among people who take Chantix, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Spiriva, and have Polycystic ovary disease.
We study 63,212 people who have side effects while taking Chantix from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Heartburn - chronic. Find out below who they are, when they have Heartburn - chronic and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Chantix and have Heartburn - chronic >>>
Chantix has active ingredients of varenicline tartrate. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from 64,447 Chantix users)
Heartburn - chronic
Heartburn - chronic (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 19,207 Heartburn - chronic patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 63,206 people reported to have side effects when taking Chantix. Among them, 10 people (0.02%) have Heartburn - Chronic.
Time on Chantix when people have Heartburn - chronic * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heartburn - chronic||20.00%||0.00%||20.00%||60.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Heartburn - chronic when taking Chantix * :
|Heartburn - chronic||70.00%||30.00% |
Age of people who have Heartburn - chronic when taking Chantix * :
|Heartburn - chronic||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||71.43%||14.29%||14.29%||0.00% |
Severity of Heartburn - chronic when taking Chantix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heartburn - chronic||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Heartburn - chronic ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Polycystic ovaries (3 people, 30.00%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (2 people, 20.00%)
- Sleep disorder therapy (2 people, 20.00%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 10.00%)
- Pain (1 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Spiriva (4 people, 40.00%)
- Nexium (3 people, 30.00%)
- Drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol (3 people, 30.00%)
- Yaz (3 people, 30.00%)
- Klonopin (2 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of chantix and heartburn - chronic on
Do you have Heartburn - Chronic while taking Chantix?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Chantix and have Heartburn - Chronic
- support group for people who take Chantix
- support group for people who have Heartburn - Chronic
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Back Pain, Knee Pain, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Paralysis, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Tendon Pain, Gerd, Vision Impairment, Coronary Artery Spasm, Neuropathy
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a 21-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Occasional Outbreak Of What Seems Like Insect Bites Underneath My Thigh, Reflux, Dizziness
- A study of side effects of Janumet for a 55-year old woman with Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent. The patient has Heartburn - Chronic
- A study of side effects of Chantix for a 50-year old woman with Stop Smoking. The patient has Arthritis
- A study of drug interactions between Irbesartan, Symbicort for a 57-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Breathing Difficulty. The patient has Acid Reflux
Recent Chantix related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Chantix, Buspar, Celexa for a 37-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Loestrin Fe 1/20, Chantix for a 35-year old woman who has Prescriptions - How To Fill
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Baclofen, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Fentanyl, Chantix for a 53-year old woman who has Quit Smoking
- Comparions of Chantix, Effexor Xr for a 52-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Bupropion Hydrochloride, Chantix, Wellbutrin Sr for a 26-year old man who has Smoking And Smokeless Tobacco
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.