Chantix and Heartburn - chronic - from FDA reports
Heartburn - chronic is found among people who take Chantix, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Albuterol, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Heartburn - chronic with Chantix. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 75,614 people who have side effects when taking Chantix from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 22, 2017
75,614 people reported to have side effects when taking Chantix.
Among them, 512 people (0.68%) have Heartburn - chronic
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Chantix when people have Heartburn - chronic *:
- < 1 month: 49.32 %
- 1 - 6 months: 40.54 %
- 6 - 12 months: 5.41 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.73 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Heartburn - chronic when taking Chantix *:
- female: 77.41 %
- male: 22.59 %
Age of people who have Heartburn - chronic when taking Chantix *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.6 %
- 30-39: 13.86 %
- 40-49: 24.1 %
- 50-59: 34.34 %
- 60+: 27.11 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (33 people, 6.45%)
- High Blood Pressure (32 people, 6.25%)
- Depression (25 people, 4.88%)
- Osteopenia (23 people, 4.49%)
- Nausea (20 people, 3.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Albuterol (81 people, 15.82%)
- Protonix (74 people, 14.45%)
- Zometa (69 people, 13.48%)
- Spiriva (69 people, 13.48%)
- Neurontin (65 people, 12.70%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (175 people, 34.18%)
- Stress And Anxiety (148 people, 28.91%)
- Depression (128 people, 25.00%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (118 people, 23.05%)
- Chest Pain (104 people, 20.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Heartburn - chronic when taking Chantix?
- Check symptoms - is heartburn - chronic caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHeartburn - chronic and drugs with ingredients of varenicline tartrate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHeartburn - chronic and Chantix from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Chantix has active ingredients of varenicline tartrate. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from Chantix 77,605 users)
Heartburn - chronic
Heartburn - chronic has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 144,260 Heartburn - chronic patients).
Browse all side effects of Chantixa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Heartburn - chronicHeartburn - chronic
Could your condition cause Heartburn - chronicHeartburn - chronic
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I had taken antibiotic containing Amoxicyllin (2 times 3 days) in July 2016 for a Throat infection. I started having GERD symptoms from Oct-Nov 2016. Learnt from various forums that Amoxicyllin can cause GERD, hence wanted to know more on how to recover from it and want to know success stories.
Just to say since taking Nortriptyline I have had severe acid reflux and indigestion I tried Nexium but I had to stop taking them because of side effects and when I did stop it became a nightmare with rebound acid reflux so I now take gaviscon double action chewable tablets. I took nortriptyline ...