Review: could Chantix cause Hypertension (High blood pressure)?
Summary: Hypertension is found among people who take Chantix, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lisinopril, and have Quit smoking.
We study 63,212 people who have side effects while taking Chantix from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,477 have Hypertension. Find out below who they are, when they have Hypertension and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Chantix and have Hypertension >>>
Chantix has active ingredients of varenicline tartrate. It is often used in quit smoking. (latest outcomes from 64,447 Chantix users)
Hypertension (high blood pressure) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain. (latest reports from 352,359 Hypertension patients)
On Apr, 3, 2015: 63,206 people reported to have side effects when taking Chantix. Among them, 1,477 people (2.34%) have Hypertension.
Time on Chantix when people have Hypertension * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hypertension when taking Chantix * :
Age of people who have Hypertension when taking Chantix * :
Severity of Hypertension when taking Chantix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hypertension ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (1,263 people, 85.51%)
- Hypertension (349 people, 23.63%)
- Diabetes mellitus (148 people, 10.02%)
- Pain (124 people, 8.40%)
- Anxiety (93 people, 6.30%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (188 people, 12.73%)
- Xanax (185 people, 12.53%)
- Prilosec (157 people, 10.63%)
- Simvastatin (150 people, 10.16%)
- Zocor (135 people, 9.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of chantix and hypertension on
Do you have Hypertension while taking Chantix?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Chantix and have Hypertension
- support group for people who take Chantix
- support group for people who have Hypertension
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Atenolol, Mobic, Gabapentin for a 35-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Elbow Pain, Nerve Pain. The patient has Nerve Pain, High Blood Pressure, Tingling And Numbness, Burning Sensation
- A study of side effects of Humira for a 53-year old woman with Crohn's Disease. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Complera, Tapazole for a 55-year old woman with Stress And Anxiety, Hiv Infection Cdc Category A1, Hyperthyroidism. The patient has Anxiety And Stress, High Blood Pressure
- A study of side effects of Cozaar for a 59-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Blood Pressure Increased, High Blood Sugar, Hypotriglyceridaemia
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Valium, Tylenol, Dextrose 60%, Cymbalta for a 50-year old woman with Thyroid Hormone Replacement Therapy, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Pain, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Pain, Suicidal Thoughts, Blood Pressure Increased
Recent Chantix related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Chantix, Prozac for a 59-year old woman who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Chantix, Buspar, Celexa for a 37-year old woman who has Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
- Comparions of Loestrin Fe 1/20, Chantix for a 35-year old woman who has Prescriptions - How To Fill
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Baclofen, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Fentanyl, Chantix for a 53-year old woman who has Quit Smoking
- Comparions of Chantix, Effexor Xr for a 52-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.