Home > Chantix > Indigestion > Chantix and Indigestion
Review: could Chantix cause Indigestion?
Summary: Indigestion is found among people who take Chantix, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Nexium, and have Smoking cessation therapy.
We study 63,184 people who have side effects while taking Chantix from FDA and social media. Among them, 663 have Indigestion. Find out below who they are, when they have Indigestion and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Chantix and have Indigestion >>>
Chantix (latest outcomes from 64,424 users) has active ingredients of varenicline tartrate. It is often used in quit smoking.
Indigestion (latest reports from 249,857 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, pain.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 63,179 people reported to have side effects when taking Chantix. Among them, 663 people (1.05%) have Indigestion.
Time on Chantix when people have Indigestion * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Indigestion when taking Chantix * :
Age of people who have Indigestion when taking Chantix * :
Severity of Indigestion when taking Chantix ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Indigestion ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (560 people, 84.46%)
- Pain (49 people, 7.39%)
- Hypertension (41 people, 6.18%)
- Depression (32 people, 4.83%)
- Multiple myeloma (29 people, 4.37%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (80 people, 12.07%)
- Albuterol (77 people, 11.61%)
- Spiriva (75 people, 11.31%)
- Acetylsalicylic acid (58 people, 8.75%)
- Zoloft (57 people, 8.60%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Indigestion while taking Chantix?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Chantix and have Indigestion
- support group for people who take Chantix
- support group for people who have Indigestion
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What's the best home remedy for jaundice?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Fatigue, Headache, Elevated Blood Pressure, Eating More Alkaline Foods Helps Reduce Pain, Abdominal Pain Upper, Upper Back Pain, Indigestion, Slightly Yellow, and takes Hydrochlorothiazide)
I started out thinking that I had pancreatitis, had all the symptoms, abdominal pain that went all the way thru to the back & inability to digest food (chronic indigestion). I read about keeping the bodys pH better balanced, bought pH test strips (urine) & found I was very acidic. I began eating mor ...
- Can i take pepcid complete with keflex
(Asked by a 69 year old woman who has Upset Stomach, and takes Keflex)
Keflex is giving me an upset stomach. Can I take pepcid complete to help or is it contradicted with Keflex?
- Crestor - trilipix - 5 years on 5mg + 135mg / going cold turkey - weaning?
(Asked by a 59 year old man who has Indigestion, Upper Chest Pressure, Gas - Belching, Dizziness - Occasional, Stomach Upset, and takes Crestor, Trilipix)
Almost 60 been on Crestor 5mg twice a week + Trilipix 135mg daily for about 5 years, Cholesterol has been held in good zone, leading normal life. Last two weeks chronic indigestion, upper chest pressure gas, upset stomach, and occasional dizziness. Read up on Symptom's for both Crestor and Trilipix ...
- Did chantix cause hearing loss for you?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Hearling Loss, and takes Chantix)
After taking Chantix for about 5 weeks, I experienced a loud ringing in my right ear and suddenly lost about 50% hearing in that ear. The ringing and hearing loss did not go away. It has been two weeks since it started. The Chantix warning mentions hearing loss at the very end of "Other" side eff ...
- Has anyone developed episcleritis or extreme blood shot eye
(Asked by a 34 year old woman who has Nodular Episcleritis, and takes Chantix)
I have been taking chantiix for 15 weeks and one of my eyes are extremely blood shot eye doctor says its episcleritis being going on for 12weeks and terrible headaches
More questions for: Chantix, Indigestion
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Farxiga ? problems, stomach, smell, taste
(Posted by a 61 year old man who has Stomach Upset, Smell - Impaired, and takes Farxiga)
I have been on Farxiga for 2 months. First, I was on Farxiga 5mg, About 6 weeks ago changed to 10 mg, about same time I noticed my coffee smelled different and bad, kept on a week and asked my wife. Changed coffee brand twice. It got worse, began to taste it. For the last week I can smell it in my f ...
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has GI Disorders, Cognitive Deterioration, Migraine With Aura, Neck Pain, Fibromyalgia, CFS, and takes Chantix, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Black Cohosh, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Xanax, Topamax, Ambien, Armour Thyroid, Ms Contin, Fentanyl-25)
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation...
MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!!
As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!!
I stop ...
- Really works to quit smoking
(Posted by a 51 year old woman who takes Chantix)
Works great for quitting smoking! The first few weeks you dream in technicolor just like an anti depressant but then that goes away. The only side effect I had was constipation but it was a small price to pay for quitting after 37 years a smoker! I tried hypnotism, patches, etc. but this really work ...
More reviews for: Chantix, Indigestion
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lyrica, Mobic, Vitamin D, Potassium Chloride, Diovan Hct, Xanax, Lexapro, Vicodin, Zanaflex, Chantix for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Inflammatory Pain, Iga Deficiency, Hypertension, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Depression, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Stop Smoking. The patient has Ance Like Lesions On Face, Chest, Shoulders, Arms, And Legs
Comments: I am trying to figure out if this "acne" I have all over my face & body is actually acne or something else. It started about a month after I began taking Chantix and I was wondering if that drug could be responsible. At the beginning, I had a sty on the inside lower lid,of my eye, and within 3-4 day ...
- A study of drug interactions between Alprazolam, Chantix for a patient with Anxiety, Tobacco Withdrawal Symptoms. The patient has Disturbance In Sexual Arousal
Comments: Dream symptom began 2 weeks into taking chantix. I stopped taking it after 2 weeks due to such upsetting dreams. This "side effect" (Dhhh) returned suddenly after two years. I was horrified and finally consulted doctor who said 'yes' this return of symptom is possible. 14 months prior to the 'dream' ...
- A study of side effects of Chantix for a patient with Quit Smoking. The patient has Chantix
Comments: My doctor prescribed Chantix to help me quit smoking. I had a complete physical beforehand, and everything looked great. No labor in breathing, blood pressure was perfect. After 8 days on Chantix, I quit smoking. No problems other than constipation, headaches, and nervous, which I blew off as just a ...
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium - 875MG;EQ 125MG BASE, Ibuprofen And Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride - 200MG;30MG, Fluticasone Propionate, Sertraline Hydrochloride - EQ 100MG BASE for a patient with Infection - Inner Ear, Eustachian Tube Obstruction, Eustachian Tube Dysfunction, Depression. The patient has Nausea, Fatigue, Headache, Stomach Upset, Tinnitus, Suicidal Thoughts, Self Mutilation
Comments: I had been on Sertraline HCL for over a month now. In the beginning I had night terrors and insomnia. When I was diagnosed with an inner ear infection after a week's struggle with cold like symptons coupled with severe fatigue and a blocked eustacion tube in my right ear, i stopped taking the SSRI ...
More related studies for: Chantix, Indigestion
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.